Aug 14 2012
By: IEATLILKITTENS Uncharted Territory 1424 posts

The Truth is Out There (Paranormal Thread)

[ Edited ]
25 replies 226 views Edited Aug 15, 2012

Hello everyone. I decided I would like to make a thread that is dedicated to everything strange, unexplained, and mysterious.

I will break this thread down into several different topics (including sub-topics), covering anything and everything that I can think of, so that there is something interesting to everyone.

I'm by no means a skeptic, but I still won't accept everything that is thrown at me. I like to keep an open mind about things, so I'm ready to hear any theories anyone might have regarding this thread.

The Earth has been in existence for millions of years, yet there is still so much we don't even have comprehension of yet.

1. UFOs/Extraterrestrial Life

ett.jpg

This  will most likely be the most expansive topic, since there are so many different theories and speculations to cover. Not to mention the idea of life on other planets has been circulating the globe since, some speculate, even the times of the New Testament. Surely we can't be the only intelligent source of life in the entire galaxy, right? Perhaps it's not even intelligent life we're looking for, but only bacteria or microscopic organisms. I personally believe that extraterrestrial life has garnered more attention that ever before in the 21st century, through both Hollywood blockbusters and in cable TV, through shows such as "UFO Hunters" and the infamous "Ancient Aliens" Smiley Indifferent

1-A UFOs

The mysterious and captivating Unidentified Flying Object is a huge subject of speculation. Everyday, we hear of someone, somewhere in the world, recounting his/her sighting, posting his/her video on YouTube, tweeting his or her out-of-this-world (lol, get it? UFO? out of this world? lol) experience to Twitter. Of course, sometimes we get so gosh darned excited, we easily let our eyes play tricks on us, such as when the Goodyear blimp at the 2012 olympics was mistaken for a UFO. Facepalm. But, the UFO dates back so far, that it has been said they can be seen in the background of some ancient religious paintings. A small, disk-like object can clearly be seen in said paintings, but we can never truly know what it is without asking the original artist.

How do we know, though, that these UFOs are piloted or even developed, by extraterrestrials? These stange crafts could easily be creations of the military, perhaps a cover up by government authorities. If they were to be alien-made, these creatures are obviously highly evolved, to be able to construct such immense vehicles of transport.

1-B Roswell Incident, 1947

sandy.jpg

Perhaps the most documented and well-known incident of UFO and extraterrestrial interaction is the Roswell UFO crash of 1947. For those who are unfamiliar with the story, it happened during the summer of 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico, where it was said that a spacecraft carrying alien bodies, had crashed in the middle of nowhere.  The Roswell Army Air Field came in and cleaned up the mess, trying to get it out before any civilians noticed. However, a few managed to notice before the RAAF could get to it, and the cat was out of the bag quickly. The RAAF then issued a statement claiming that it was not a UFO, but rather a weather balloon.

The incident has garnered a universal amount of attention over the years. Recently, even an ex-CIA agent has come out about what really happened. Here's the video below, detailing this expansive incident. It's an old documentary, but it covers what you need to know.

I will add more to this section later, but for now, I will be moving on to another topic of discussion....

2. Bigfoot/Sasquatch

This mysterious beast has plagued mankind for centuries, said to have been seen wandering the heavily forested areas of Georgia, Louisiana, Oregon, Arkansas, and even my home state, Minnesota. I don't think there is a case that has garnered as many skeptics as this one. There have been several legitimate reports of hoaxes, yes, but of all the hundreds of sighting that have been made in just this past decade...surely, there is/are some sort of ape-like humanoid(s) roaming the planet.

senorfoot.jpg

Several scientists have already dismissed Bigfoot as a simple legend, nothing more than a fairytale. But as I mentioned, think about all the sighting that have been made. Even by folk who have gone camping in the middle of the woods have spotted reported a large, ape-resembling figure, standing on two legs. If it was someone playing a practical prank, surely they wouldn't have the dedication to wait for an unsuspecting victim in the middle of a forest, sweltering in a bigfoot suit, for god knows how long.

There have been Bigfoot sighting since the 1920s, but only recently, have we come closer and closer to clear, crisp footage of the creature. Commonly spotted by folk simply enjoying a camp trip, or a hike through the wilderness, this recent video has garnered significant attention.

2-B Yeti

The Yeti, a spinoff of the Sasquatch, has also been reported, though not as globally known. Pretty much the Bigfoot of the Himalayas, this creature has been spotted much more infrequently, due to its remote location of, well, the Himalayas.

There are few videos and a minimal amount of evidence. Most reports have been proven to be a hoax.

But, who knows, there may be a snow-covered beast lurking somewhere in the world at this very moment, waiting patiently to reveal itself.

3. Ghosts/Spiritual Beings

ghostt.jpg

Spiritual entities are those invisible forces that go bump in the night. Those things that cause the door to violently slam behind you, or maybe even suck you in through a television set.

Out of everything discussed so far, it seems the existence of ghosts would be the most difficult to prove. I believe it's something that will never truly be "uncovered" and is more of a "seeing is believing" type of a deal.

And more frightening than aliens or bigfoot, because, well, we can never truly know where they are, what they want, or why they're here. I, myself, have never witnessed a spirit, and no matter how much research I've done on the topic, how many articles or videos I've seen, the evidence has not stacked up enough for me to decide whether or not they are real. What do you think?

Many have said that ghosts appear in the form of a blue orb. Some say they've appeared in the form of a humanoid figure, in a translucent form.

I don't trust any ghost stories that I come across on television, personally. I would rather hear about personal accounts than watch a group of "ghost hunters" scope out a supposedly haunted house.

That's all I have at the moment. If you have anything to add, please contribute. If you took the time to read anything, thanks a ton.

I'll add more meat to the first couple topics as well, including other sections.

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 26 (226 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: The Truth is Out There (Paranormal Thread)

Aug 14, 2012
The Earth has been in exisctence for MILLIONS of years Smiley Wink

1) Aliens: They do exist, but I find it hard to believe they are more advanced than us. IMAO all races are more or less equal on tech development

2) Yeti and Bigfoo: I do not believe this guys exist, if they do, they would have been captured a long time ago
Message 2 of 26 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Arkthur_us wrote:

1) Aliens: They do exist, but I find it hard to believe they are more advanced than us. IMAO all races are more or less equal on tech development

2) Yeti and Bigfoo: I do not believe this guys exist, if they do, they would have been captured a long time ago
  1. The Earth is billions of years old. (4.7 billion years is the accepted estimate).
  2. Yes they do exist. They don't have to more advanced than us, but keep in mind that the univer is about 13-14 billion years old. Some alien civlizations could be possibly millions possibly billions of years old. If aliens that come to Earth using UFO's it shows that they are more advanced than us.
  3. Slim chance they could exist. For example the largest cave in the world was found in Vietnam only A FEW YEARS AGO. It's massive

>
Message 3 of 26 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Arkthur_us wrote:

Sorry, small typo. Thanks for pointing that out.

Message 4 of 26 (202 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Ghosts are definitely the creepiest and I do think they exist, same with aliens like I said in the other thread.

Big Foot though? Yeti? No. 

Message 5 of 26 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

Yay a paranormal thread! For future posters no arguing the validity of these posts, just post more paranormal stuff. You wanna argue, make your own thread.

I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 6 of 26 (159 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Monochrome_F3ar wrote:

Yay a paranormal thread! For future posters no arguing the validity of these posts, just post more paranormal stuff. You wanna argue, make your own thread.

That's a really interesting article you posted!

I had never heard of that incident before. I got goosebumps just reading it.

There are so many unexplained events in the world, it's crazy. I wonder what could have happened to those hikers?

Especially reading what the victims looked like in the aftermath...wow.

Message 7 of 26 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4393 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Paranormal activities scared me sometime...

Have anyone watched Lost Tapes on Animal Planet channel before?
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 8 of 26 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Sorry for being off-topic, it's just that the title of this thread reminded me of one famous DCTalk's song. Not that anyone would know who DCTalk is anyway. 

Message 9 of 26 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

Aug 25, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

Monochrome_F3ar wrote:

That's a really interesting article you posted!

I had never heard of that incident before. I got goosebumps just reading it.

There are so many unexplained events in the world, it's crazy. I wonder what could have happened to those hikers?

Especially reading what the victims looked like in the aftermath...wow.

It really is!  I got the same reaction when I first read it.  I'll post more when I get the chance.

Heres this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly

I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 10 of 26 (132 Views)
0 Likes