Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 10 2012
By: nicklbackr Splicer 41 posts

Uncharted 4 ONLY on PS4? Biggest Mistake you'll ever make Naughty Dog..

61 replies 127532 views Edited Apr 10, 2012

I saw that Naughty Dog is considering in making Uncharted 4 because they said Drake "isn't done." However I saw that they said it won't basically be available on PS3, it will be available on PS4 when it comes out in 2014. Naughty Dog.. that'd be the biggest mistake you'll ever make. PS4's only change is that it is going to be a fully redesigned 3D console. And I'm not going to go out and buy a PS4 just for that. I've played Uncharted 1,2, and 3 and I have all 3 platinum trophies. Don't make a mistake you're going to regret and lose all your Uncharted fans because you're not going to make Uncharted 4 availabe for PS3. Don't make the best franchise game in gaming history unavailable to your loyal consumers. Because I'm not going out and buying a PS4 just because of its redesigned 3D compatibility. As a loyal and Diehard Uncharted fan, please don't abandon your PS3 fans for the new PS4! You're still going to be the best selling franchise out there!

From Gamerant:

Naughty Dog has come out to say that ‘Uncharted 4′ will only be possible on the PlayStation 4. PS3 owners will have to wait for Sony’s next console to continue Drake’s adventure.

From Video Games Blogger:

Uncharted 4: Drake’s Not Done might as well be the name of the upcoming Uncharted game, because there WILL be another!

Naughty Dog has confirmed to Edge Magazine in an interview with game director Justin Richmond, that the studio’s flagship series on the PlayStation 3 still has more life in it and will likely NOT conclude in the current-gen without at least one more game. Which would be “Uncharted 4″.

To quote:

“You see it in the movies. They constantly reboot things you just saw ten years ago. You’re like: “Wait a minute. I just saw that!” Spider-Man is just ridiculous. It’s something you have to be careful of with any kind of creative endeavour, and the lure to reinvent yourself is always there. But one good thing is that we feel we’re not done with Drake yet; we haven’t done all we wanted to do, and there are still technical hurdles and goals we want to get over, and do even more stuff in gameplay… We’re very cogniscent of the legacy of what Drake is, and that every game should advance the story and the genre.”

Read more: Uncharted 4: Drake’s Not Done, says Naughty Dog http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/01/11/uncharted-4-drakes-not-done-says-naughty-dog.htm#ixzz1rf...

Message 1 of 62 (127,532 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 ONLY on PS4? Biggest Mistake you'll ever make Naughty Dog..

Apr 10, 2012

I understand where you're coming from. I may not get a PS4 until at least 2016, but I think it'll be good for the series to "reboot" on a next-gen console. U3's pretty much maxed out the PS3, so why not?

Message 2 of 62 (127,532 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Apr 10, 2012

Sony decides this, not Naughty Dog. So I suggest you edit the title

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 3 of 62 (127,532 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Apr 10, 2012

Not all for PS4/Orbis/what-ever it is called, but making UC4 for this could be great.

For instance...we can have Uncharted in 1080p for the first time, and Uncharted running in 60FPS.

Just some stuff you should think about.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 4 of 62 (127,532 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Apr 10, 2012

Yeah, we need 1080p and 60fps as a minimum standard. I don't care about 3D, so don't even bother to mention it...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 62 (127,532 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

Apr 11, 2012

MikeBoyz3569 wrote:

Not all for PS4/Orbis/what-ever it is called, but making UC4 for this could be great.

For instance...we can have Uncharted in 1080p for the first time, and Uncharted running in 60FPS.

Just some stuff you should think about.

I'll continue thinking about the other rumor. Being told I can't play my games because my Internet is down.

Until that rumor is squashed there is no way on this planet I am touching the PS4.

Message 6 of 62 (127,532 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Apr 14, 2012

I'd rather have UC4 on PS4, but I'd only want it if it is not rushed out for launch. Either way I doubt I'd buy a launch PS4 until they get all the bugs worked out for the PS4 $lim.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 7 of 62 (127,532 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Apr 14, 2012

mildoo124 wrote:

I'd rather have UC4 on PS4, but I'd only want it if it is not rushed out for launch. Either way I doubt I'd buy a launch PS4 until they get all the bugs worked out for the PS4 $lim.

I feel the same way- give ND time to master the programming for the PS4 so UC4 will be "amazing" instead of "great".

Sony should also create a base model of the PS4 after prototyping, testing etc. and then test it even more under extreme and mild conditions to enhance it further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 8 of 62 (127,532 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

mildoo124 wrote:

I feel the same way- give ND time to master the programming for the PS4 so UC4 will be "amazing" instead of "great".

Sony should also create a base model of the PS4 after prototyping, testing etc. and then test it even more under extreme and mild conditions to enhance it further.

Pretty much this. For the time being ND could make a new Jak, or another new IP. UC4 has to be perfect though lol.

Message 9 of 62 (127,532 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Has anyone thought the possibility that UC4 MP could have an even smaller player pool than UC3 MP and thus more lag???

Currently there are over 60 million PS3 consoles across the world... I doubt that the PS4 could sell more than 1-2 million consoles in the first few months.

Also, I doubt that we will see an UC4 MP beta if UC4 is scheduled to be a day 1 release, since no one would have a PS4 console before day 1.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 62 (127,532 Views)
0 Likes