Survivor
2678 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 ONLY on PS4? Biggest Mistake you'll ever make Naughty Dog..

Apr 15, 2012

1. Doesn't really affect me since I buy Playstation consoles at launch but...

2. To sell a console a company must make exclusive games that can only be played on that console.   That is the only incentive for consumers to fork over their cash for a new console, to play a certain game or games.   This is the reason Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all create their own exlusive titles.   If Uncharted 3 could be played on the Xbox, Wii or any other console...why would anyone purchase a PS3 to play it?  They would play it on the console they already own.  How would Sony sell a new system if they kept releasing the most desired games on a different console?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 62 (1,711 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Apr 15, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Has anyone thought the possibility that UC4 MP could have an even smaller player pool than UC3 MP and thus more lag???

Currently there are over 60 million PS3 consoles across the world... I doubt that the PS4 could sell more than 1-2 million consoles in the first few months.

Also, I doubt that we will see an UC4 MP beta if UC4 is scheduled to be a day 1 release, since no one would have a PS4 console before day 1.

Yeah, you have a really valid point I can agree with. But I really just hopethat this whole thing is one big false rumor.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 62 (1,711 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Apr 21, 2012

It more then likely will be a ps4 launch tittle to sell the ps4 other wise we would have the whole the ps3 launch again. sony is doing bad enough already

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 62 (1,711 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1391 posts

Apr 30, 2012

I'd rather have it on PS4 so ND can make the best game they can without limitations.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 62 (1,711 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

May 10, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

I'd rather have it on PS4 so ND can make the best game they can without limitations.

Then we can finally enjoy some real customization AND polished skins!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 62 (1,711 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 11, 2012

Yeah, it's pretty inevitable that this would happen.  UC4 on PS4.  It just makes sense.  I wouldn't be surprised if they also released Killzone 4 as a launch title.  Resistance 4 is also a possibility, but I doubt it. 

Having said that, I won't be buying a PS4 on day one.  Not until they've had a few months to sort out technical issues.  I wouldn't mind seeing the price drop either, as I'm sure it'll cost about $700 here in the US, which is just absolutely ridiculous. 

Like Aureilia, I also have some serious concerns regarding some of the rumors I've heard about the Ps4/Orbis.  Not being able to play offline, games being locked to one console, restrictions on used games, and especially the lack of backwards compatibility are really putting a bad taste in my mouth. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 62 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13064 posts

May 12, 2012

ryaniscool47 wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty inevitable that this would happen.  UC4 on PS4.  It just makes sense.  I wouldn't be surprised if they also released Killzone 4 as a launch title.  Resistance 4 is also a possibility, but I doubt it. 

Having said that, I won't be buying a PS4 on day one.  Not until they've had a few months to sort out technical issues.  I wouldn't mind seeing the price drop either, as I'm sure it'll cost about $700 here in the US, which is just absolutely ridiculous. 

Like Aureilia, I also have some serious concerns regarding some of the rumors I've heard about the Ps4/Orbis.  Not being able to play offline, games being locked to one console, restrictions on used games, and especially the lack of backwards compatibility are really putting a bad taste in my mouth. 

Photobucket

Oh don't get me wrong. I have no problem with buying absolutely everything new.

I can just picture it now, last level, mission or race or whatever your playing, about to finish your game, "You have been disconnected from the network" "You have been removed from the game". Just no... The way it's been worded around sites is as if as soon as your net crashes your entire system becomes a brick.

But used games? Nah, no problem for me there, I don't mind buying everything new. Backwards compatibility though that is important, I don't want to keep my PS3... Just like I had to keep my PS2... I kept my original XBOX also for similar reasons such as not everything was supported.

I mean.. Due to all this crap of non backwards compatible consoles, my house looks like a retro gamestore with new elements added to it. :smileyindifferent: It just doesn't look like a house.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 62 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 17, 2012

A PS4 is going to have a slower processor and just the 3D. That is messed up. Its only the 3D that they might add and they will still have the best graphics on the PS3. I don't think that a lot of people would buy a 3D TV.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 62 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 17, 2012

PS3 fans will go on and buy an upgraded version of the PS3, and that's the PS4. Plus Sony decides this, not ND. Also, it's a good idea for UC4 to be on the PS4 IMO, it'll make people buy and move on to the PS4. That equals money, and I'm sure Sony would appreciate that after the hacking. Plus any company loves a bit of cash.

But I don't see a PS4 anytime soon. When the PS3 is pretty darn good lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 62 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 17, 2012

PantherineT wrote:

A PS4 is going to have a slower processor and just the 3D. That is messed up. Its only the 3D that they might add and they will still have the best graphics on the PS3. I don't think that a lot of people would buy a 3D TV.

And how do you know that?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 62 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes