Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 04 2012
By: astroman98765 Sackboy 531 posts

Uncharted Movie?

9 replies 104 views Edited Aug 4, 2012

I've seen a lot of articles about a movie being made about the Uncharted franchise. Apparently Mark Wahlburg (or however you spell it) is supposed to be playing Nate? I ready this on the MTV site, as well as many other places.

Is this movie still in effect? I'd love to see an Uncharted movie. Turning such a cinimatic game into a movie probably turn out good. Anyone have a clue?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kal 7 Expert, Master of Sarcasm, Maker of TheGamerFromSpace Community Project
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Re: Uncharted Movie?

Aug 4, 2012

Initially David O Russell was supposed to be directing. He thinking of casting Mark Wahlberg, and was coming up with all kinds of ideas for the plot (something about a Sopranos family type vibe??!) which most Uncharted fans did not like the sound of.

He left the project, and Neil Burger took over as director. The last I heard (there was an interview somewhere on YouTube) he said he didn't have anyone in mind for Drake, and didn't really have any plans to cast it until the script was done. This was a while ago though, and I haven't heard of anything since.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Aug 5, 2012

Coffeebug wrote:

Initially David O Russell was supposed to be directing. He thinking of casting Mark Wahlberg, and was coming up with all kinds of ideas for the plot (something about a Sopranos family type vibe??!) which most Uncharted fans did not like the sound of.

He left the project, and Neil Burger took over as director. The last I heard (there was an interview somewhere on YouTube) he said he didn't have anyone in mind for Drake, and didn't really have any plans to cast it until the script was done. This was a while ago though, and I haven't heard of anything since.

Thanks. Yea I'm thinking the Uncharted movie is pretty much put to rest for now :smileysad: Hopefully it'll make a comeback.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kal 7 Expert, Master of Sarcasm, Maker of TheGamerFromSpace Community Project
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I think Neil Burger's making it. 

A lot of people say he might cast Bradley Cooper since they've worked together before.

I hope they use the people who do motion capture for the characters!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Aug 5, 2012
There's a rumour that it's been put on-hold, but I certainly hope not.

And by the way, Russell didn't leave the movie, Sony fired him because his script sucked. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Aug 5, 2012

LOL I was trying to be diplomatic... I believe the official reason was 'creative differences' :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (77 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Aug 6, 2012
There's no need to be. :smileyvery-happy: Russell had changed so many things that it wasn't even Uncharted anymore. Extra characters, overly-long script and straying too far off the original source were enough reasons for anyone to fire the guy. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (68 Views)
Wastelander
929 posts

Aug 25, 2012

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/08/24/uncharted-movie-brings-national-treasure-wri...

Apparently Neil Burger is off the project and the writers from National Treasure are on!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
647 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Coffeebug wrote:

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/08/24/uncharted-movie-brings-national-treasure-wri...

Apparently Neil Burger is off the project and the writers from National Treasure are on!

Seems like the best thing that could have happened. I know they're not exactly critically acclaimed, but the National Treasure films are great fun. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1838 posts

Nov 12, 2012

LoughNessMonster wrote:

Coffeebug wrote:

Seems like the best thing that could have happened. I know they're not exactly critically acclaimed, but the National Treasure films are great fun. 

The people who wrote national treasure would be good for this, its funny and has action.  also, i was watching the mummy last night, and it dawned on me how much like Brendan Fraser looks like drake when he has  a scarf on

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (30 Views)
0 Likes