Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 21 2012
By: VnnViet Hekseville Citizen 322 posts

What Game/Games had a big impact on you?

[ Edited ]
27 replies 207 views Edited Oct 13, 2012

What video game/games that's had a big impact on you?

Mine would be,

(Updated List)

The Getaway, old Medal of Honor's, GTA series (San Andreas in particular), Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed II, old Pokemon games, Super Mario Bros (NES).

Message 4 of 28 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: What Era/Games had a big impact on you?

Apr 21, 2012

The "Sly" series on PS2. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 1 of 28 (207 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Dam how did I forget the Sly series.

Message 2 of 28 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5774 posts

Re: What Game/Games had a big impact on you?

Apr 21, 2012

BioShock.

Andrew Ryan: I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

I love the setting, gameplay and story. The only problem of the game is that it is too easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Message 3 of 28 (207 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Spyro The Dragon on PS1, it made a big impact on me because it was my first game I ever played and it made me love certain games that I love today.

Message 5 of 28 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6335 posts

Apr 21, 2012
  • Pokemon: Yellow definitely had a huge impact on me. It was the first game I ever owned and turned me into a gamer. Plus, it helped teach me how to read.
  • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strike's Back was my second game, and it definitely helped mold me into the player I am today. I played this thing for hours nonstop, and it soon became the first title I would ever get 100% on.
  • Ratchet and Clank holds a special place in my heart because it helped get me back into gaming. Before I bought it GameStop, I was becoming slightly disinterested in the hobby. I simply wasn't having as much fun as I had been before...But that all changed when I played Ratchet. I ended up buying the second the following day, and the rest is history. My favorite game franchise of all time by far.
  • Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2 are another two games that impacted me greatly, simply because I ended up getting the chance to develop some good friendships with a lot of cool people because of them, be it Insomniacs or my current clan.
Message 6 of 28 (207 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1387 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Amplitude.

When I was younger (elementary, middle school), I was a lot more casual about games. It wasn't until this game that I really got into gaming. The concept of the game was simple, but it was so addicting; it was my crack. If we're being totally honest, this game was my downfall in my freshman and (early) sophmore years of high school. ;D

Message 7 of 28 (207 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Pretty much any Super Nintendo game. The SNES was the first video game console I ever played on, but in terms of specific video games, the Donkey Country trilogy and Super Star Wars trilogy. When I was younger, I poured countless hours into those games.

Addicting, fun, and revolutionary to me.

Then with the PS2, Kingdom Hearts came along. That game blew me away. The concept, characters, and story were extravagant.

The games that had the biggest impact on me, though, was the Uncharted franchise. Drake's Fortune was the first PS3 game I ever played, and I was hooked. Everything about it was what I was looking for in a game. Prior to purchasing a PS3, I had taken a hiatus from video games, as PS2 games became sparce in production, and I really had nothing else to satisfy me. Uncharted was, and still is, everything. I'm still in awe by its stellar single players and addictive multiplayers. Just amazing.

Message 8 of 28 (203 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Oct 10, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Sly rocks, I can't wait for Sly 4

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 9 of 28 (198 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Oct 10, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Sly rocks, I can't wait for Sly 4

I'm also really excited for the new Sly game. I remember playing those games when I was younger and thinking how much fun they were. I had no idea they were even making a fourth Sly until I saw your comment!

Message 10 of 28 (186 Views)