Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2276 posts

Re: What Game/Games had a big impact on you?

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

-Jak and Daxter Trilogy (got me into naughtydog)

-Sly Cooper Trilogy (got me into suckerpunch)

-Ratchet and Clank (a lot of them, got me into insomniac)

-Resistance 2 (got me into resistance and insomniac)

-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (got me into uncharted and naughtydog)

-uncharted 3 (met a lot of cool gamers here)

-God of War 3 (why ps3 is #1, amazing graphics (played and platinumed all 4 of the other games after playing this))

-killzone 2 (got me into competitive online games, this is my favourite game of all time, but also the hardest by far)

-cod4 (even though i hate cod now, this game did start off my love for shooters, i made it to fourth prestige (almost wrote legacy :smileyhappy:) but i had enough xp to be top prestige, top level easily, and i had all challenges completed including all the gold guns, not bad for my first shooter:smileyhappy: )

-nfs underground 2 (got me into racing games and nfs (disappointed with the run though))

-LEGO Harry potter years 1-4 (got me into LEGO games, which are actually kinda funny and serve as a great game if you like a lot of collectibles)

-LittleBigPlanet (furthered i love for sony and the ps3, how there are so many good unique games)

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogger:_The_Great_Quest (first game for playstation!!, got me into ps2 and ps3 and sony)

long enough list eh?

Message 21 of 28 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Star Wars:Battlefront (PS2)
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 22 of 28 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2012

HIhi2442 wrote:

Mario Kart

The game, along with Smash Bros, that makes you wish your friends would die. Toad and Toadette in Double Dash were OP due to them having the Golden Mushroom special, especially if someone took both of them.

Few games that really impacted me were Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Pokémon Red/Gold/Ruby Versions. So many hours, fun, and hardships dedicated to those games. I never had Red, but I ended it up playing my cousin's cartridge a lot (Had Yellow for a time being, but it kept deleting itself -- still have Gold and Ruby, as well as the newer iterations and remakes).

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Donkey Kong 64

Message 24 of 28 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Impact hmm..

Shenmue series - The story is epic, the voice acting is poor. It's awesome if you play it in Japanese though.

Yakuza series - Once again, epic story, first game was dubbed in English and Lol. It's as bad as Shenmue, play it in japanese, English isn't an option for the rest thankfully.

Indigo Prophecy - 2004? 2005? title from Quantic Dream creators of Heavy Rain, story driven thriller based on a guy who is posessed, you play the roles of the posessed and the police in the game, excellent story driven game, but it's Quantic Dream it has to be awesome.

Heavy Rain - Best game of the last 10 years undoubtably. If it actually had more to offer on a replayability front it could have been the best game ever.

Resident Evil 1/2 - These two games had poor dialog, but the music, the atmosphere, the story was written well apart from a few lines which were a bit.. "LOL WHAT DID HE SAY" moments but overall the stories are actually written well especially Leon scenario in RE2 and Jill scenario RE1, both including a heart string pulling death scene of a beloved character. None of them died really LOL :smileyindifferent: but you never knew that at the time.

Resident Evil 5 -... This deserves impact rating for me, the game does nothing impressive on a gameplay front, takes the same RE4 gameplay, fixes the mistakes RE4 made, RE4 had the worst gaming script in history in my view, it took everything the first three titles built and stomped over it in a bad way. If I could award worst story it would go to that game, RE5 improves by giving the player a real Resident Evil character driven experience, you get to conclude the story you started in (1996/1997... Came out at different times depending on console and where you live). Repairs the damage well and delivers the ending to a story the game needed.

those in particular are pieces of art and not only video games, they show soul, they have a story to tell and are excellent at pulling some kind of emotional response from people.

Note: RE5 is not art, it's a series I grew up in love with from a story standpoint. It's got worse over time in other key areas while the other titles are still classy.

Message 25 of 28 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Super Mario Galaxy

Uncharted 2/3

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Message 26 of 28 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Pretty much any Nintendo franchise. Super Mario galaxy, Zelda, Pikmin, SSBB, and Wii sports/resort (dat tennis).

Message 27 of 28 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Super Mario Sunshine Boxshot

^where it all began

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 28 of 28 (29 Views)
0 Likes