Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 04 2012
By: iqbal64255 Hekseville Citizen 349 posts

What would you like to see in the future of gaming?

11 replies 157 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

What would you like to see in the future of gaming? How would you want the future console's to work? What ideas for games do you have to start off the next generation of gaming, like how Assassin's Creed, Call of duty, uncharted and many other games started this generation. How would games work without any HUD/Gui's? 

Give your ideas and opinions!! :smileywink:

Message 1 of 12 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Re: What would you like to see in the future of gaming?

Nov 4, 2012
I'd like the games to be $1 so I could buy them without straining my moneystash :smileyvery-happy:
Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 12 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Nov 4, 2012

I think that games with a realistic story, well thought out gameplay mechanics, and very lengthy should be the focus on next gen games. Hopefully devs won't focus too much on multiplayer though. 

I would also like to see more games like Heavy Rain and Beyond, just without the "point and click" type feeling.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 3 of 12 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Nov 4, 2012
I think it'd be cool if games hired actors to do cutscenes and not just voice actors. IMO
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 4 of 12 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 4, 2012

3D without glasses and real-life graphics.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 12 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Nov 4, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

3D without glasses and real-life graphics.

For the next gen of consoles don't expect a huge graphics jump. These 7th gen consoles pretty much drained Microsoft and Sony and plus it's getting harder to put more powerful hardware on consoles. Consoles have such limited size, power supply, etc. Just by looking about the rumored specs of next gen consoles, it's most likely that will look like high grpahics settings for PC. Then within little time PC will trumph over our consoles in graphics. Also PC games are cheaper.

>
Message 6 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 5, 2012
  • No loading screens
  • Ability for full-scale immersion- like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM
  • Increased appeal for re-playing a game (in-game rewards, new game + adding more sections, etc.)
  • Devs working closely with fans; applying their feedback
  • Redcued cost for both consumer and producer
  • Devs not falling back on the ol' technique of leaving bugs in a game and then releasing a patch further down the line- get it right the 1st time, even if it means pushing the release date back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 7 of 12 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Games that try to be creative in their own way rather than trying to be bland in order please a certain audience. 

Message 8 of 12 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Firstly, please for the love of GOD, bring BACK actual GAMING, requring skill, logic and some actual thought or effort. What i mean by this, is I am SO sick of how nowadays in gaming, people just don't BOTHER doing things themselves. Why should i actually PHYSICALLY work out this complex puzzle on uncharted? DAM I HAVE USE MY BRAIN!! GIVES UP AFTER  5 SECONDS

I can just look up a walkthrough on youtube. WHEY!!! Find 100 treasures? Pfffft!! I'll just let someone else do it first, post a guide and copy them. No effort required.

They NEED MORE RANDOMIZED puzzles in games. One which are DIFFERENT on every game, there is NO SET way of doing it, you have to work it out yourself! Gamers are just becoming lazy, never wanting to use their brain, or 'waste' their time. God forbid, you had to spend a few minutes working out a puzzle in a game or how to defeat a boss.

Developers need to develop new ways to test gamers mentally. Portal 2 is a great example of testing players mental thinking. I loved working out the levels. Who cares if i got stuck? I know the level can be done, i just need to work out HOW. That's the fun of it. That 'eureka' moment in your head, when the lightbulb above you turns on. Unfortunatley players become 'obsessed' by these poxy trophies, and feel they HAVE to to do it even if they don't know how to do it! You followed a guide off Youtube? Please tell me more more how you are a pro gamer ~wonkameme

R.I.P Rika Raja - Confirmed 21/06/12
Message 9 of 12 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 5, 2012

@supergamer

I don't expect it any time soon. I have patience.

The first console I ever used was my cousin's Atari 2600. Gaming has gone a long way since then.

@RandomZach

To each his own. Most gamers these days are casuals who just want to have mindless fun. Companies need casuals, so that they can make a lot of money.

There are still some very difficult games like Dark Souls, but they don't sell a lot, so that should tell you something...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 12 (87 Views)