Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

I played RDR until 3 am this morning and there is auto ai...

May 18, 2010

icia85 wrote:

starkraven wrote:

Are you bloody daft? I read the review and these were direct quotes from the article. Also if you played GTA IV and any of the Episodes you would know that auto aim was the default setting.

The auto-aim quote is very clearly referring to single player. I don't know how else to explain this. The OP took two of the few negative quotes in the article and implied that the MP is therefore lacking. The respawn issue is a legitimate topic (even though none of us know what it is like), but auto-aim simply isn't (since we are talking about MP). This really isn't that difficult of a concept.

I don't know for sure what the original SINGLE PLAYER aim setting is (though from videos I've seen it appears to be the "aim assistance" setting---not free aim but not quite auto-aim), but if you're upset about that and unable to spend fifteen seconds or so in the options menu, maybe video games are a bad choice of leisure activity.

I played RDR until 3 am this morning and there is auto aim in the multiplayer. There is nothing like getting killed by someone who had the game aim for them. I wouldn't have minded if it was aim assist but the game automatically puts the reticule on the enemy and sticks to them. I actually killed someone without touching the right analog stick!

Message 11 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

If true than that is certainly a legitimate complaint, an...

May 18, 2010

starkraven wrote:
I played RDR until 3 am this morning and there is auto aim in the multiplayer. There is nothing like getting killed by someone who had the game aim for them. I wouldn't have minded if it was aim assist but the game automatically puts the reticule on the enemy and sticks to them. I actually killed someone without touching the right analog stick!

If true than that is certainly a legitimate complaint, and I definitely won't be playing much MP. Like I said, the IGN review doesn't say anything about the MP aim system which, if it actually is auto-aim, is a pretty glaring omission. 

I'm still leaving the frustrating UC2 lag and glitch MP for RDR single player, but if if the multiplayer is really that lame in RDR I'll be back sooner than I planned. I don't see any point in playing a multiplayer game that aims for you.

Did you play any free roam? Does the aiming system affect that mode at all? From what I've read, it doesn't seem like auto-aim would be as devastating in parts of free roam since it doesn't rely on killing other users. 

I'm really wishing I'd scheduled my order for store pickup instead of delivery.

Message 12 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

I played all levels of MP and it was present throughout....

May 18, 2010

icia85 wrote:

starkraven wrote:

If true than that is certainly a legitimate complaint, and I definitely won't be playing much MP. Like I said, the IGN review doesn't say anything about the MP aim system which, if it actually is auto-aim, is a pretty glaring omission. 

I'm still leaving the frustrating UC2 lag and glitch MP for RDR single player, but if if the multiplayer is really that lame in RDR I'll be back sooner than I planned. I don't see any point in playing a multiplayer game that aims for you.

Did you play any free roam? Does the aiming system affect that mode at all? From what I've read, it doesn't seem like auto-aim would be as devastating in parts of free roam since it doesn't rely on killing other users. 

I'm really wishing I'd scheduled my order for store pickup instead of delivery.

I played all levels of MP and it was present throughout. I won't be playing too much MP but single player is so awesome. It's a must buy for that alone. Epic!

Message 13 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

What I mean is, does the auto-aim actually detract from t...

May 18, 2010

starkraven wrote:

I played all levels of MP and it was present throughout. I won't be playing too much MP but single player is so awesome. It's a must buy for that alone. Epic!

What I mean is, does the auto-aim actually detract from the free roam mode? It seems to me that it is basically a co-op mode, so it would be a lot like single player. I don't mind aim assist in killing NPCs while raiding a fort or something, but if the mode forces you to kill other users than the aiming system would ruin it.

Message 14 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Yeah it's fun using it on NPCs especially when they're on...

May 18, 2010

icia85 wrote:

starkraven wrote:

What I mean is, does the auto-aim actually detract from the free roam mode? It seems to me that it is basically a co-op mode, so it would be a lot like single player. I don't mind aim assist in killing NPCs while raiding a fort or something, but if the mode forces you to kill other users than the aiming system would ruin it.

Yeah it's fun using it on NPCs especially when they're on horseback but it is also there when you up against player controlled characters. I think you could turn it off but that is only for you other people still get to use it which I hate. Knowing someone killed you and had the game do all the work.

Message 15 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

I'm hearing really good things about free roam, but every...

May 18, 2010

starkraven wrote:

Yeah it's fun using it on NPCs especially when they're on horseback but it is also there when you up against player controlled characters. I think you could turn it off but that is only for you other people still get to use it which I hate. Knowing someone killed you and had the game do all the work.

I'm hearing really good things about free roam, but every story I've heard involves staying away from other players (except those in one's posse). At least there isn't a scoreboard or stats that record player deaths in free roam, so if someone kills you with auto-aim it doesn't count against you (it's just annoying).  That's probably the only MP component I'll play. Unfortunately the delivery man is apparently going to be a day late. 

Message 16 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes