May 17 2010
By: Rex_Immortalis First Son 30 posts

if you hated this game for it's spawning issues...

15 replies 15 views Edited May 17, 2010

If you disliked the spawning system between 1.04 and 1.07 you're not going to like Red Dead Redemption. Confirmed in their review:

"Any hardcore player might end up a bit annoyed by the respawn system, however, which has a tendency to start you right next to an opponent."

And people who complaing about aim assist:

"The target assist makes attacking enemies while riding a horse a breeze, but it also makes the combat a little too easy at times."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090125p3.html

Message 5 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

the only level i dislike in spawing is the fort. thats wh...

May 17, 2010

the only level i dislike in spawing is the fort. thats when you standing there trying to fal someone and they respawn right next to you and kill you.

Message 1 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

All the people who keep saying they can't wait for RDR so...

May 17, 2010

All the people who keep saying they can't wait for RDR so they could leave UC2 for good have nothing to say about this. Interesting...

Message 2 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

That sounds.... super awful...

May 17, 2010
Message 3 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Seriously. I will get this game for the single player but...

May 17, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:

Seriously. I will get this game for the single player but I was really looking forward the multiplayer. Auto Aim? That's worse than aim assist.

Message 4 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

WTH? I'll still give it a try but this might be a deal br...

May 17, 2010

WTH? I'll still give it a try but this might be a deal breaker for me.  How do the rest of you feel about this? I've heard people talk about how the new updates take away the need for skill to be successful in this game so what does that mean for Red Dead Redemption?

Message 6 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

First of all, you're taking the auto-aim comment complete...

May 17, 2010
First of all, you're taking the auto-aim comment completely out of context. That applies to first player gameplay (not multiplayer, like you implied), and you can adjust the settings to turn it off or put it at a medium level.

As for the spawning, I suspect most people are going to play free roam so respawning won't be an issue at all. Even in the other modes, there is a big difference between RDR and UC2: if spawning isn't a problem, but R* makes it an issue four months later with an update, then we can talk. If it's a problem now, I'm sure they can fix it (without causing a host of new issues like ND).
Message 7 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

I'd suggest reading the review linked above instead of ta...

May 18, 2010

starkraven wrote:

WTH? I'll still give it a try but this might be a deal breaker for me.  How do the rest of you feel about this? I've heard people talk about how the new updates take away the need for skill to be successful in this game so what does that mean for Red Dead Redemption?

I'd suggest reading the review linked above instead of taking the OP's word for it. I'm not expecting the MP component to be much more than serviceable, but if I ultimately dislike it I'll make sure its for reasons that are, you know, real. . . . . 

Message 8 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Are you bloody daft? I read the review and these were dir...

May 18, 2010

icia85 wrote:

starkraven wrote:

I'd suggest reading the review linked above instead of taking the OP's word for it. I'm not expecting the MP component to be much more than serviceable, but if I ultimately dislike it I'll make sure its for reasons that are, you know, real. . . . . 

Are you bloody daft? I read the review and these were direct quotes from the article. Also if you played GTA IV and any of the Episodes you would know that auto aim was the default setting.

Message 9 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

The auto-aim quote is very clearly referring to single pl...

May 18, 2010

starkraven wrote:

Are you bloody daft? I read the review and these were direct quotes from the article. Also if you played GTA IV and any of the Episodes you would know that auto aim was the default setting.

The auto-aim quote is very clearly referring to single player. I don't know how else to explain this. The OP took two of the few negative quotes in the article and implied that the MP is therefore lacking. The respawn issue is a legitimate topic (even though none of us know what it is like), but auto-aim simply isn't (since we are talking about MP). This really isn't that difficult of a concept.

I don't know for sure what the original SINGLE PLAYER aim setting is (though from videos I've seen it appears to be the "aim assistance" setting---not free aim but not quite auto-aim), but if you're upset about that and unable to spend fifteen seconds or so in the options menu, maybe video games are a bad choice of leisure activity.

Message 10 of 16 (15 Views)
0 Likes