Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

**bleep**, so many descriptions, I almost gave up halfway thro...

Oct 31, 2010

**bleep**, so many descriptions, I almost gave up halfway through.

INTP, whatever that means.

Message 11 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

That it it clearly isn't as rare as they want us to think...

Oct 31, 2010

Squirtle101 wrote:

That it it clearly isn't as rare as they want us to think! :smileyvery-happy:

(My mega post is about INTPs. We like order and knowledge,)

Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

im an ESFP like elvis presly

Oct 31, 2010

im an ESFP like elvis presly

1/11/11 is my new favourite day
Message 13 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

heh

Oct 31, 2010

LadyPatience wrote:

Squirtle101 wrote:

That it it clearly isn't as rare as they want us to think! :smileyvery-happy:

(My mega post is about INTPs. We like order and knowledge,)

I am going to read it now, I need to get out of that habit of skimming through threads. I really  like thinking about life and other things when I walk alone though, I really do.:smileyindifferent:

Message 14 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

This is interesting. I'm a ISFP.    you are: .  expressed...

Oct 31, 2010

This is interesting. I'm a ISFP. 

you are:

.  expressed introvert

. slightly expressed sensing personality

. moderately expressed feeling personality

. slightly expressed perceiving personality 

As an ISFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five sense in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.

ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers", and are usually uncomfortable with theorizing concepts and ideas, unless they see a practical application. They learn best in a "hands-on" environment, and consequently may become easily bored with the traditional teaching methods, which emphasize abstract thinking. They do not like impersonal analysis, and are uncomfortable with the idea of making decisions based strictly on logic. Their strong value systems demand that decisions are evaluated against their subjective beliefs, rather than against some objective rules or laws.

ISFPs are extremely perceptive and aware of others. They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. They are usually penetratingly accurate in their perceptions of others.

ISFPs are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words.

ISFPs have no desire to lead or control others, just as they have no desire to be led or controlled by others. They need space and time alone to evaluate the circumstances of their life against their value system, and are likely to respect other people's needs for the same.

The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness.

The ISFP has many special gifts for the world, especially in the areas of creating artistic sensation, and selflessly serving others. Life is not likely to be extremely easy for the ISFP, because they take life so seriously, but they have the tools to make their lives and the lives of those close to them richly rewarding experiences.

Famous ISFP's include: Marie Antoinette, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and John Travolta. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

NT's are rare. INTP's are rare even if they are highly re...

Oct 31, 2010

NT's are rare. INTP's are rare even if they are highly represented here. I kind of suspected as much. I think this sort of game draws in the NT types. Or at least they are the types more likely to end up at a forum discussing the game as well as playing it. :smileyhappy:

I actually borderline on the J/P I generally test 50% of that letter so my results can flip flop but I definitely resemble the intj more than the intp.

I'll put in the description for INTJ too. We are the annoying cousin of the INTP lol.

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

http://typelogic.com/

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 16 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

ISFP Moderately expressed introvert Slightly expressed se...

Oct 31, 2010
ISFP

Moderately expressed introvert
Slightly expressed sensing personality
Moderately expressed feeling personality
Slightly expressed perceiving personality
Message 17 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Count me as another INTP, although there are some other o...

Nov 1, 2010
Count me as another INTP, although there are some other ones that seem to describe me just as well.
Message 18 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Also INTJ

Nov 1, 2010

My N/S is close though.

I think it is also worth noting that these profiles represent what we are most comfortable with, based on the test.  But, we can all be or learn to be any of the letters.

Message 19 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

well the test is supposed to give an indicator of your na...

Nov 2, 2010

well the test is supposed to give an indicator of your natural type (which means it should reflect how you act the majority of the time)  but it does rely on self reporting in order to get accurate results. you need to be completely honest with yourself in answering the questions and make sure you're answering how you actually are rather than the person you think you SHOULD be.

the test isn't terribly accurate for that reason. But yeah, Everyone does use all the letters here and there. 

but you can act like a different type but not be a different type. you can't change your base personality just because you wake up and decide to change your personality. you can change what you do sure, but you can't change your actual temperment short of mental illness striking.

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 20 of 20 (25 Views)
0 Likes