Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Re: Need For Speed Undercover/and it's review ....

Jan 14, 2009

Dunno about that, Coolram.... Just consider the amount of hours gameplay *alone* for us _INCs. Minimum of 4 people for 2 years averaging some 1500 ranked races each, 2 minutes each race.... thats more than 400 hundred hours of FREE play.... people using EA resources for what... zero money??

Recently I've fallen for a online space strategy title for the PC... guess what.. 15 Euros a month! My spouce's WoW?? A bit less but same ball-park. Carbon was way more than EA bargained for, hastingly putting out a PS3 launch title by "porting" an older game. At first they (=the guys in the black Escalade, remember?) might have been happy but now more than 2 years later are they still happy? What did they make out of it? We dont pay for PSN, we dont pay for Carbon, yet we're still lovin it, supportin it, putting out youtube vids and hangin out with eachother, painting our virtual Vettes / Chargers/Elise's/Evos to our heart's contempt.....

On top of it, regular flamming of PROSTREET (i've even heard this on TV LOL), now same complaints about U/C... I didnt mind the game so much, I believe it is good value, (could be even better in 1080p), but here I am still playing Carbon

No my friend, I think EA is not about to repeat the same story any time soon... no proper margin balance for them. I cannot predict the future, but as much as you and I like the thought that Carbon will be around for as much as chess or tetris or spin-the-bottle (my fav!), this is not aligned with what the game industry seems to focus on nowadays: Titles that can explode into a franchise product (movie with Angelina Jolie, paid items in Playstation store, soundtrack CDs,t-shirts and action figures) that will make them cash for a semester, then ahead for the next installment

Of course I might be wrong

Nick

coolram62 wrote:
   Here we are almost two months after release of a flawed game but with information of a repair patch forthcoming. Now exactly what that patch will address is still under wraps along with the release date. It's really disheartening when a company that was once known for great software has slipped so much on quality for the sake of quantity release. I really want to like this game but it lacks the fun that Carbon has. One can only hope we will be better served in the future as we are the reason these companies are able to operate.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 100 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
442 posts

Jan 14, 2009

Np3R_INC wrote:

Dunno about that, Coolram.... Just consider the amount of hours gameplay *alone* for us _INCs. Minimum of 4 people for 2 years averaging some 1500 ranked races each, 2 minutes each race.... thats more than 400 hundred hours of FREE play.... people using EA resources for what... zero money??

Recently I've fallen for a online space strategy title for the PC... guess what.. 15 Euros a month! My spouce's WoW?? A bit less but same ball-park. Carbon was way more than EA bargained for, hastingly putting out a PS3 launch title by "porting" an older game. At first they (=the guys in the black Escalade, remember?) might have been happy but now more than 2 years later are they still happy? What did they make out of it? We dont pay for PSN, we dont pay for Carbon, yet we're still lovin it, supportin it, putting out youtube vids and hangin out with eachother, painting our virtual Vettes / Chargers/Elise's/Evos to our heart's contempt.....

On top of it, regular flamming of PROSTREET (i've even heard this on TV LOL), now same complaints about U/C... I didnt mind the game so much, I believe it is good value, (could be even better in 1080p), but here I am still playing Carbon

No my friend, I think EA is not about to repeat the same story any time soon... no proper margin balance for them. I cannot predict the future, but as much as you and I like the thought that Carbon will be around for as much as chess or tetris or spin-the-bottle (my fav!), this is not aligned with what the game industry seems to focus on nowadays: Titles that can explode into a franchise product (movie with Angelina Jolie, paid items in Playstation store, soundtrack CDs,t-shirts and action figures) that will make them cash for a semester, then ahead for the next installment

Nick

coolram62 wrote:
   Here we are almost two months after release of a flawed game but with information of a repair patch forthcoming. Now exactly what that patch will address is still under wraps along with the release date. It's really disheartening when a company that was once known for great software has slipped so much on quality for the sake of quantity release. I really want to like this game but it lacks the fun that Carbon has. One can only hope we will be better served in the future as we are the reason these companies are able to operate.

Good point Nick. Maybe that is why none of us have ever seen a moderator on Carbon. They were on Xbox-- but they pay to be online. Same with WOW. I had a buddy who used to work at a WOW call/Moderator center with hundreds of other people just to monitor this one game. That is why we lack any support what so ever, we don't pay. Not paying a monthly online fee however does not mean we should be subjected to worthless game titles.
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 100 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jan 14, 2009

PRO_D_Z wrote:

Np3R_INC wrote:

Nick

coolram62 wrote:

Good point Nick. Maybe that is why none of us have ever seen a moderator on Carbon. They were on Xbox-- but they pay to be online. Same with WOW. I had a buddy who used to work at a WOW call/Moderator center with hundreds of other people just to monitor this one game. That is why we lack any support what so ever, we don't pay. Not paying a monthly online fee however does not mean we should be subjected to worthless game titles.

I like this persons message good point to read.
Der 20 juli / They were right
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 100 (19 Views)
Sackboy
442 posts

Jan 14, 2009

PRO_X__ZerO_CoOL wrote:

PRO_D_Z wrote:

Whoa there Zero... NOT ALL CARBON REGULARS ARE RUNNING AWAY. I have been on Carbon for two years, and was very good at it. I am happy to play Undercover. I feel it is finally time to let my Carbon career die. I am still getting used to the snap oversteer of Undercover, but other than that it is a decent game. I hope to race with you PRO_X guys sometime... That is if I can stay in a room for more than one race due to EA's disconnect issues.

Your right Z,just most are . Z you are a good racer fast fast man. 

BTW Zero... Thanks for the compliment
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 100 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Jan 27, 2009

PRO_X__ZerO_CoOL wrote:

I see that people are showing all the review they can get there hands on (Good Job) that is cool and all that but the game is fun I think and before you trash it you should try it no matter the review .

It is a good game.

I agree

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 100 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Feb 2, 2009

ownall wrote:

PRO_X__ZerO_CoOL wrote:

I see that people are showing all the review they can get there hands on (Good Job) that is cool and all that but the game is fun I think and before you trash it you should try it no matter the review .

It is a good game.

I agree

Me too.........
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 100 (19 Views)
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Feb 10, 2009

All EA needs to do is just fix lag and the online and the game would be great . What do all of you think ?? 

Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 100 (19 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Feb 10, 2009

PRO_X__ZerO_CoOL wrote:

All EA needs to do is just fix lag and the online and the game would be great . What do all of you think ?? 

Your right ZERO it is a good game just the online sux.
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 100 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Feb 10, 2009

For Undercover....PC patch is out.  Looks like PS3 will download automatically, not sure when

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=95548

appears that framerate issue was major target of patch.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 100 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4487 posts

Feb 10, 2009

PharmRock129 wrote:

For Undercover....PC patch is out.  Looks like PS3 will download automatically, not sure when

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=95548

appears that framerate issue was major target of patch.

Good post if they are right I will go back and play .

Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 100 (19 Views)
0 Likes