Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 18 2013
By: Too_Relaxed First Son 4 posts

Game freezing after starting the disc, right before the main menu.

4 replies 345 views Edited Jul 18, 2013

It happens every other day, I tried deleting my saves and reinstalling the patch and no luck. Any idea on what's going on?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Game freezing after starting the disc, right before the main menu.

Jul 19, 2013

I am having the same problem here, except mine hasn't played for 2 days no matter what I do, I am stuck on the loading screen before the title with the "The Last of Us" in the bottom right corner...   can Naughty Dog please comment?   i am unsure if this is my console, possibly a miniscule scratch I cant see on my disc, or if they know it is a software error that they are working to fix.

The game I am using is a rental, if it is due to scratch or console, I will return it, if it is due to software I will return it and buy a copy and wait for a patch, but I need an answer first!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Game freezing after starting the disc, right before the main menu.

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

The Same has happened to me. Can't load to the Main Menu. I wish Naughty Dog could respond to this as well. My game has been running fine for over a week now until yesterday morning. I am not pleased with this.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

The only thing you can do is delete the latest save game...

Aug 26, 2013

The only thing you can do is delete the latest save game (it should be the one with the current date time). This is caused by corrupting game saves.

I always save 2 or 3 slots when playing single player to avoid this issue. Met several times before in Uncharted 3.

"If you want to shine like sun, just burn like it" - someone
Or I can help you better with my Mega Bomb kickback .
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: The only thing you can do is delete the latest save game...

Aug 26, 2013

Hi, I'm writing this post first to ask for your support. I bought the game last week  (the disk) and started playing it till 25%. There I aarive to the Bill part when you gotta escape the runners and clickers and enter in a Warehouse with Ellie. the cutscene that follows just didn't appear, intead you got a black screen. I try pusshing Start, a menu appear and I try turning the subtitles off. It worked. But that was after force shutting my ps3 to load the game in the previous checkpoint. Then the game continue without any problem till the Hotel Lobby in Pittsburg. I got to the part when Joel puts a ladder on a ledge and gets kick to the ground by a guy and try to drown him. This event triggers a cutscene. This cutscene doesn't start. You got the blackscreen again. Push start and the pause menu Subs on/off , resume, skip movie. I try the subt on/off thing and didn't work this time. Just have to force shut my PS3 and reloading the game. After 7 tries (of trying every single variant) I select Skip Movie and wait for 10 minutes. The thing actually worked and I jump into the game again. I played a little bit more, adn there comes another cutscene when you "clean" the building of humans and call Ellie. Again the screen turns black, I got the same situation and try the same things. this time neither of them worked. As result of this crap, I can finish the game.

Can you please help me? I love the game, but this bugs/glitches ruin all the experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (192 Views)
0 Likes