Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 25 2013
By: Blacksnow145 First Son 7 posts

Jak and Daxter 4 returning the dynamic duo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 replies 1459 views Edited Jul 25, 2013

The reason I made this, is because it had to be done and no one else would do it!!  Naughty Dog needs to see this from the Fan’s point of view!!  Naughty Dog needs to wake up and know that the fans want Jak 4 more than any other game!!!!!!!!  But I can’t do this alone, we need to work together and tell Naughty Dog that we want Jak 4 on the PlayStation 3!!  One of us is not enough to get Naughty Dog to make Jak 4 but if we all tell Naughty Dog to make Jak 4, they will listen and realize it’s not all about the money, it’s about making a good game that every one wants!!  So let’s stand together and tell Naughty Dog “MAKE JAK 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

History and known future:

After finishing Crash Bandicoot for the PlayStation one, Naughty Dog released their first Jak and Daxter game in 2001.  Then in 2003 they released Jak 2 which was completely different from its prequel. After that they released Jak 3 in 2004.  The most resent Jak game they made was Jak X combat racing which was a racing spin-off, but was still a good game and made in 2005. 

After the PlayStation 2, Naughty dog continued to the PlayStation 3 with their new series, Uncharted.  The first uncharted game was released in 2007 one year after the PlayStation 3 was released (2006).  After that in 2009, Naughty Dog released Uncharted 2 which received a large number of “game of the year” awards (50).  It’s been rumored that Naughty Dog has already stared Uncharted 3.  Even though Uncharted 2 was praised for its “amazing” graphics, story, multi-player, and game play, most of Naughty Dogs fans are begging for Naughty dog to make Jak 4 over Uncharted 3. 

There Have been three Jak and Daxter games that have been or will be made, but not by Naughty Dog.  The first one was a spin-off called Daxter which had the main game play playing as Daxter.  The game was made by Ready at Dawn studios, which is a game company that was formed by former Naughty dog members and former members of Blizzard Entertainment.  The second Jak and Daxter game not made by Naughty Dog was called Jak and Daxter the Lost Frontier and was made by High Impact games and the game received negative reviews from the fans.  High impact games, is company was formed by former members of Naughty dog and Insomniac games.  The next Jak and Daxter game is call Heroes On the Move which has six of the top mascots from the PlayStation 2 (Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, Clank, Sly Cooper, and Bentley) all together in one game.  This game will require a PlayStation move controller in order to be played and is being made by Nihilistic Software. 

Why hasn’t Naughty dog made Jak 4?:

To tell you the truth I had no idea why Naughty Dog didn’t make Jak 4 for some time.  They’ve hinted it in Uncharted one and two, they still own the rights to Jak and Daxter, in interviews, it seems to me that the team dose (or did) want to make Jak 4, and they’ve said that they have a story for a new Jak and Daxter!!  Why didn’t they make Jak 4 right after Uncharted one?  I think Sony said “Hay Naughty Dog, if you make Uncharted two, well have it be the mascot for the PS3 slim!!”  Naughty Dog took the bait and made Uncharted 2.  This would make sense, because Naughty Dog might have been making a Jak and Daxter game but then put it on hold to make Uncharted 2!!  Isn’t it kind of weird that Uncharted one only got one “game of the year on the PS3” award, and Uncharted 2 got more than 50 game of the year awards? And the only big differences between them is the story and online multiplayer. So it would make sense that Sony tolled Naughty Dog to make Uncharted 2 before Jak 4 so that Sony could make Uncharted 2 famous to sell PS3 slims, and have Naughty Dog stuck with Uncharted.  Because Uncharted 2 did come out about the same time the PS3 slim came out. Sony also made a bigger deal over Uncharted two then they did over Uncharted one!!  I’m not saying this is true, I’m just saying that it’s possible that this happened.

How making Jak 4 would benefit Naughty Dog:

A lot of people say “If Naughty Dog made Jak 4, It wouldn’t sell as well as Uncharted 2” (Uncharted 2 sold 3.8 million copes as of 9-28-10).  This however is a statement that has yet to be proven wrong.  If Naughty Dog made Jak 4, it would bring back to old Jak and Daxter fans, and would also bring the Uncharted fans to Jak and Daxter.  Jak 4 would be known as “From the creators of Uncharted 2, the game of the year of 2009, comes the return of two of the gratis heroes of all time!! Jak and Daxter!!”  This would make it sell very well!!  Jak 4 is also one of the most wanted games on the internet right now, which means that there is a high demand for it!!  It would also give Naughty Dog a breath of fresh air because Naughty Dog worked on Uncharted for 4 years straight (as far as we know) when Uncharted 2 came out.

What to do with Uncharted during Jak 4:

Evan though I like Jak and Daxter more than Uncharted, we can’t let Uncharted sit and rot for 4 years straight.  When Naughty dog makes Jak 4, Ready at Dawn or someone else could make Uncharted on the PSP, that would keep the Uncharted fans happy.  And have new map packs come out every now and then for Uncharted’s online, that way Uncharted will always be new and exciting online.

Jak 4 game improvements:

There are many things that could improve Jak and Daxter games.  For example, what if when you play as Daxter, have his game play be like Jak’s game play from the first Jak and Daxter game, with Daxter able to power up with blue, red, yellow, and green eco.  This would be good because it will remind us that you don’t need guns for a game to be “bad **bleep**”.  It will also be like the old days when Naughty Dog made fun platformers that didn’t have guns.  O, and have Daxter have his own boss fights, and have him battle “Count Veger” (from Jak 3) because it would be so funny to hear Veger and Daxter arguing when Daxter’s kicking his **bleep**!!  

All of the Jak and Daxter games by Naughty Dog where very good but always had something missing.  In Jak 2, it was a little too hard, and they didn’t do the eco power up right, and the weapon selection was very small.  But it still had a great story, and huge non linear game play.  In Jak 3 the story wasn’t as good as Jak 2’s story, only a few of the characters had anything to do with the story, and the final boss battle wasn’t as fun as the mettle head leader from Jak 2.  But Jak 3 had way more things to do than Jak 2, like riding around in the desert, Light Jak was very fun, Dark Jak improved in so many ways, Jak 3 had a better selection of weapons, and the world was bigger than any game Naughty Dog ever made, and Jak 3 had the best selection of cheats I have ever seen!!  If Naughty dog takes all the good things from the old Jak and Daxter games and puts them in Jak 4, then Jak 4 would be better than Uncharted could ever be!! 

One new thing that could make Jak 4 better, is giving Jak a whole new arsenal of weapons that are even more bad **bleep** than Jak 3’s arsenal of weapons.  Let’s also bring back the sky battle from Jak 3 when Jak attacks the flying war factory!!  How about we have all the old places from Jak 2 and 3 (like Haven city, Sparges, and the waist land) but have them change dramatically, like keep what they looked like in Jak 2 and 3, but give them new sections, like a whole new aria in Haven city, a new island that will eventually connect to the waist land, and a new section of Sparges city.  Also bring Kras city into the pitcher.  And how about a new city that’s bigger, more dangerous, and has it own problems that need to be fixed.  And put in some references to Ratchet and Clank, that way it would be like old times on the PS2!!  But most important of all, give Jak 4 a super good story, give it foreshadowing, plot twists, and have the story change dramatically not only affecting this game, but the entire series!!  Have it have something to do with Jak being Mar!!  Have Daxter have more to do with the story!!  Give good humor with Daxter complaining, or Jak using logical humor toward his enemies!!

One other thing I would like to see from Jak 4 is to see giant dark Jak be one of the powers.  (Form Jak 2)   Or have Jak be powered up with enough dark eco at certain times of the game to turn into giant dark Jak!!  It would be so cool to run around as a huge monster destroying everything in your path!!  Or we could use this power to fight other monsters. (Like eco monsters for example)  The thing I really want from Jak 4, is the ability to use blue, red, yellow, and green eco.  This could work, because you could hold L2 and use the directional buttons to choose which eco power to use, but keep the dark and light Jak powers.  Also, let Jak be able to customize the vehicles like in Jak X!!  That would be sweet!!  Also give Jak different races depending on what city he’s in!!  Like in Haven, have it be all about speed and not crashing, in Sparges have it be off-road muddy racing, and in Kras city have it be the most epic racing in the entire series!!

How Jak 4 would be better than Uncharted:

Many people think that Jak 4 could never be as good as or better than Uncharted, but there are reasons why Jak 4 WOULD be better than Uncharted.  For example, Jak and Daxter games have almost no boundaries because Jak and Daxter is a fantasy game!!  Uncharted has so many restrictions and can’t go outside its boundaries, for example, Nate can’t ride bad **bleep** vehicles in the dessert, but Jak can.  If you think Uncharted is more fun and is better than Jak and Daxter consider this, can Nate (the main character from Uncharted) hold more than two weapons? Can Nate ride a Jet board?  Can Nate use eco to beat the **bleep** out of his enemies?  Was Nate chosen by the Precursors to be a hero?  Can Nate fly a monk glider? Can Nate use powers to save the world? Can Nate drive a zoomer? Can Nate take on an entire army of Metal Heads without peeing in his pants and being eaten?  Can Nate drive vehicles in the waist land?  Can Nate send out his side-kick to do stuff?  (He doesn’t even have a side-kick) Can Nate even double jump!?!?!?  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nate can’t do any of that stuff, and the only person that can do that and more is Jak!!!!!!!!!!  How could Uncharted be better than Jak and Daxter when Jak can do all of this!?!?  Which is why Uncharted could never be better than a Jak and Daxter game made by Naughty Dog!! 

Hears why Uncharted is so restricted, all Uncharted dose is leap, shoot, puzzle, leap shoot puzzle!!  Jak and Daxter is a free roaming plat former that doesn’t force you to go one way, and one way only!!  And the Jak and Daxter games have WAY better story’s than Uncharted, because the Jak and Daxter story has time travel, and you can’t beat time travel stories!! Uncharted’s story could never have time travel!!  Hell, you don’t even have to play the first Uncharted to understand Uncharted 2!!  Which is one of the big reasons why Uncharted 2 got game of the year!!!!!!!  Because no one had to get the first one before the second one, and if they did, it wouldn’t get game of the year because they are so similar!!!!!!  If you think Uncharted is Naughty Dogs best work, image what they could do with Jak 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

What to do before Jak 4:

To tell you the truth, it’s been to long since Jak 3 to have Jak 4 come out this soon without reminding people about Jak and Daxter!!  How about they make a Jak and Daxter collection, so that people will understand Jak 4 when it comes out.  Plus, it would remind people how GOOD Jak and Daxter is!!  That way people will see why Jak and Daxter is better than Uncharted!!  And if they make a Jak and Daxter collection, it means that Naughty Dog will probably go back to Jak and Daxter!!  Naughty Dog, If you’ve already started Uncharted 3, don’t stop, finish it but then make Jak 4, because that will give Sony some time to find someone that could make a Jak and Daxter collection.

Is Naughty Dog making Jak 4?:

There is a lot of evidence that Naughty Dog is making Uncharted 3, for example, the co-game designer of Uncharted 2 said that there will be a sequel to Uncharted 2.  Also, the voce actor for Nate said he will take the role of Nate for the next Uncharted game.  The voce actor for Alana, said on her twitter account that she worked on Uncharted.  These are all saying an Uncharted game is being made, but there still is the possibility that Naughty Dog is Making Jak 4!!  Ready at Dawn could be making an Uncharted on the PSP!!  Or maybe they are working on a big update for Uncharted 2!!  And if Uncharted 3 isn’t Naughty Dogs next game, it doesn’t mean that Naughty Dog won’t continue Uncharted!!  I want Uncharted 3, I really do, but Jak 4 is what needs to be made more than any other game Naughty Dog could make!! 

Conclusion:

Naughty Dog has made amazing games on PS1, the PS2, And the PS3, but Naughty Dog needs to realize that Jak 4 is what we want!!  We are tired of shooters, we are tired of rip-off, we are tired of not getting platformer games, and we are tired of bloody and violent games!!!!!!  We want creative, plat forming, nonlinear, video games!!!!!!!!  You Naughty Dog are the only video game company that can make Jak 4!!!!!!  High Impact games couldn’t do it, no one else can do it and the only company that can do it is YOU Naughty Dog!!!!!!!!!!  If it wasn’t for Jak and Daxter, I wouldn’t even know you ever existed!!!!!!!!!!  This is the same case for many other gamers!!!!!!!!!  So make it happen and prove to use that you disserve your fans and that you don’t need a game to be super violent in order to be bad **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!  Naughty Dog, WHAT ARE YOU WATING FOR!?!?!?!?  MAKE JAK 4 AND YOU WILL MAKE THE BEST GAME FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                     And if you are making it right now Naughty Dog, thank you.

Also please get the original voice actors, it will make the game so much more better that way!  AND PLEASE don't go a step back like most compies do when they make a new game to a series, that is just the worst to see when your waiting for a game that took forever to come out. Your my favorite video game compant so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHOW US THAT YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO MAKE VIDEO GAMES THE RIGHT WAY ( unlike other companies ) Thanks for reading ^_^                                                 

LONG LIVE JAK AND DAXTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (1,459 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: Jak and Daxter 4 returning the dynamic duo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 31, 2013

Actually i would much rather another Uncharted or Uncharted like game.  I wouldnt buy Jak  and Daxter 4 not my style of game.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Aug 6, 2013
It was mentioned in the recent AMA on reddit with the ND developers they would not be making another in the J&D series.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (1,337 Views)
Fender Bender
2884 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Naughty Dog is too big to be making a Jak And Daxter game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (1,327 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2013
Too Big!? TOO BIG!? Jak 4 would be the biggest game on play station!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (1,299 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Aug 18, 2013

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/231/495/b2a.gif

Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (1,246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 4, 2013

To be honest out of all 326 of my ps3 games NONE of them compare to the J&D trilogy unless you count the re-membered J&D I have for ps3 I  would pay nearly $200 for a game like Jak 4 I have played every naughty dog game that has ever come out and my 2 favorites are Crash Bandicoot Warped and Jak and Daxter Precursor Legacy sure Jak 2 and 3 had guns but I liked beating my enemys to death or finding some yellow eco to blow the crap out of them but this new game uncharted has ranked the LOWEST out of all my games its just so boring compared to their other games.

In short Uncharted sucks compared to ND's older games.

From MajicReno

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (1,126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 6, 2013

them uncharted fans are mad that naughty dog has abandon the UC series

UC is nothing compare to the Jak and Daxter franchise.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Sep 12, 2013
I've think they've grown past making the J&D series.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (1,062 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 16, 2013
jak and daxter > uncharted,last of us
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (1,037 Views)
0 Likes