Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: Multiplayer Bans

Aug 30, 2012

DarkSeraphim666 wrote:

well im one of the people who got banned for 6 days "for cheating"

i dont think playing within the given system you've provided is cheating. glitches would be different, this was not that however.

and "crime" seems a bit dramatic don't you think?

i personally was boosting for the trophies. i wont give you any excuses. wanted to get trophies done so i was doing it the most efficient way i knew how.

boosting leaderboards is one thing. boosting trophies however means no malicious intent was ever present.

label it however you like, but i think your time would be much more well spent banning people who actually have that malicious intent i spoke of.

see you in a week! : )

I totally agree with you!

If we have a group of friends that want to help each others getting trophies fast, why can't we do it?

We ONLY want to earn trophies, we don't care about leaderboards!!

Are we "criminals" or "cheaters"??

We play our games and don't disturb anyone, so just leave us alone!

Message 191 of 275 (884 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Aug 30, 2012

AlexDelux wrote:

DarkSeraphim666 wrote:

i dont think playing within the given system you've provided is cheating. glitches would be different, this was not that however.

i personally was boosting for the trophies. i wont give you any excuses. wanted to get trophies done so i was doing it the most efficient way i knew how.

boosting leaderboards is one thing. boosting trophies however means no malicious intent was ever present.

label it however you like, but i think your time would be much more well spent banning people who actually have that malicious intent i spoke of.

If we have a group of friends that want to help each others getting trophies fast, why can't we do it?

If you cannot get the trophies without cheating/boosting then you do not deserve them. 

Sure, it does not hurt anyone directly, but it is just unfair when people like you use the easy way to get them.

It is about fairness. Stop complaining. It is your fault; deal with it.

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 192 of 275 (818 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Zylinderknopf wrote:

If you cannot get the trophies without cheating/boosting then you do not deserve them. 

Sure, it does not hurt anyone directly, but it is just unfair when people like you use the easy way to get them.

Well, and even if I didn't deserve the trophies I earned boosting, what do you care about? Does that ruin your gaming experience? You won't get affected in any way.

I payed the game and the DLCs, why can't I play the way I want if that doesn't damage other players?

Message 193 of 275 (790 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Yea, I'm not sure what you mean by "deserve". The trophy requirement says "perform this action this many times".
I've done that. End of story.
Who exactly are you to say boosting isn't a method with which I can attain that requirement?

And as far as I can tell after reading through user agreements and terms of use, boosting does not violate anything of that nature.

If I'm wrong, please provide the evidence i.e.: quoted sections and links to said agreements/terms of use.

P.S. Just in case you go the "unfair advantage" route, playing with friends is available to Everyone.

Message 194 of 275 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Zylinderknopf wrote:

AlexDelux wrote:

DarkSeraphim666 wrote:

What about this situation:

Player A played for 1000 hours before the trophy patch and did 150 of a certain deifficult move or action.

Player B never played before the trophy patch, and never gave Naughty Dog any money, and gets the trophy for said action after 300 hours.

Player A who supported Naughty Dog and played his heart out decides to boost said action in 3 hours with his friends because they are sick of the game, suffer from completionist syndrome and Naughty Dog were jerks from not making an easily retroactive trophy retroactive.

Player A is still much better than player B in terms of skill. Why should he have to play so many more hours when it will not hurt anyone?

Fairness seems to be on the side of player A in my and many other peoples' opinions.

To Naughty Dog: "various shenanigans" really? lol Most vague definition I've ever read.

In Canada there is a dumb law where it is illegal to pay for a 50 cent item with only pennies. I bet you Naughty Dog would imprison a kid buying candy from their store with money saved up in his piggy bank.

Photobucket
Message 195 of 275 (685 Views)
Sackboy
550 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

EvangM wrote:
We have been dropping the hammer very swiftly and suddenly in recent days. Dozens of accounts today were given a timeout for various infractions.

Tell all your friends that UC3 crime does not pay. Boosting, exploiting and assorted shennanigans will not be tolerated.

Thanks,

-EvangM

No UC3 for you.

No UC3 online for you!!!

Photobucket
Message 196 of 275 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Alexdelux non hai idea di quanto io stia godendo che siete stati bannati!!!
Sono entrato in un match dove 9 giocatori boostavano (ho fatto un report alla ND mandandogli il video) e appena mi avvicinavo al luogo mi uccidevano sia quelli della mia squadra sia gli altri.
Quindi non dire "non diamo fastidio a nessuno"!!
E poi a me DA fastidio che voi boostiate trofei o statistiche che siano.
Finche sara possibile faro report qualunque volta io veda dei boost :-).
Message 197 of 275 (566 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 31, 2012

BirthBS wrote:
Alexdelux non hai idea di quanto io stia godendo che siete stati bannati!!!
Sono entrato in un match dove 9 giocatori boostavano (ho fatto un report alla ND mandandogli il video) e appena mi avvicinavo al luogo mi uccidevano sia quelli della mia squadra sia gli altri.
Quindi non dire "non diamo fastidio a nessuno"!!
E poi a me DA fastidio che voi boostiate trofei o statistiche che siano.
Finche sara possibile faro report qualunque volta io veda dei boost :-).

Normalmente si boosta con 2 squadre da 5, poi può capitare che uno si disconnetta e allora entra un giocatore qualsiasi, ma di solito se questo capita quelli che stanno boostando escono e si fa un'altra partita, proprio per non dar fastidio ad altri, io almeno ho sempre fatto così.

Ma poi si può sapere che t'importa come io faccio i trofei? Ognuno è libero di giocare come vuole, fintanto che questo non danneggia nessun altro, cosa che NON succede perchè io non boosto con giocatori che non conosco.

Message 198 of 275 (556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 1, 2012

^^You mind translating that Alex? Lol

Message 199 of 275 (470 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Essentially BirthBS is happy we got banned, because he once entered a match with 9 players boosting and he couldn't play properly, so he's gonna report every booster he sees to ND.

I replied that usually people boost with 2 squads of 5 players, and if one gets disconnected the others should not keep boosting, to avoid bothering random players.

Message 200 of 275 (453 Views)
0 Likes