Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 26 2013
By: BOOMANJR13 First Son 1 posts

The Last of Us Film

6 replies 848 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

In my personal opinion there should be a last of us movie with these actors as Joel and Ellie.

Hugh Jackman should play Joel because he’s proven he can be that tuff badass with the x-men movies and if naughty dog and Ellen Page could get along she should play Ellie.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (848 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: The Last of Us Film

Jul 27, 2013

For the last of us u should put a league for money 3 of my friends want to group up with me so yea.

Hope u make one that would be cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 27, 2013

I do hope Naughty Dog review the posts here because rather than trying to create an Uncharted film as rumoured over the years, you wouldn't have to tweek too much of the story line to make The Last of Us a compelling film project.

1) Movies sometimes make good games - Lego series  - Romero's Dawn of the Dead the blue print for many a post apocolypse game title, 

2) Games rarely make good movies... Max Payne / Hitman anyone ? - Comic books & illustated novels can pull it off unless it's anything  "Green" with the expetion of The Avengers (Hulk) - Mad Max may buck the trend of course - Resident Evil I'm on the fence,

3) Some films would have been better games - Escape from New York for example

So what's my "pitch" for this idea ? The heart of The Last of Us is the empathy a player feels for Joel and Ellie, any review and forum discussion of the game, whether it's your game of the decade or just a good play, we all agree that you seriously cared about these two surviving.

Another strength, the infected irrespective of the degree of decay are far less dangerous than the human foes, so any film project would not just a Zombie fest - the Infected are not Zombies and are far less predictable - take any stealth  / Clicker chapter of the game and imagine it on a big screen with 7.1 sound.

Is the idea marketable ? I would say that arguably anybody who enjoyed the game would go to see it even if the moive  was a straight copy of the story, how many games  sold so far ?  

However, we all agree there were unanswered questions, some should remaiin so, but a film would provided ample opportunity to add depth to every character and given the source material an enlightened screen writer could make interesting story variations and plot twists - the volume of posts regarding "the ending" a good example of just how captivated the game players have been since mid June.

Finally, with CGI as it is today, the budget for the project need not be prohibitive, besides film extras could be advertised by Naughty Dog - who wouldn't be willing to work for free : - )

Just please don't cast Mlley Cyrus as Ellie - stranger tihings have happened, studio boss says " We gotta make her 20 to pull in the teen crowd, and put that kid Beiber in there somewhere for a love element..."   : - )

Maybe a like minded reader could suggest some casting names - perhaps Ellie could be a relatively unknown 14 year old - a bold option.

Anyway, when was the last survival horror project that wasn't based on an old formula, time for something with finesse - would you go and see a film based on the Dead Rising series... probably not.

DeckardsDreams          

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 12, 2014

Josh Brolan as Joel and the girl that plays Aria Stark in Game of Thrones as Ellie. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Aug 20, 2014
Hugh Jackman or Anston Mount as Joel
Ellen Page as Ellie
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

last month

I cant see any other actors other than Jackman and Page pulling this off. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

3 days ago

The movie would look like Homefront with Jason Statham perfect charchaters for the movie, just change the story.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (16 Views)
0 Likes