Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 03 2012
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 11177 posts

Check out the demo for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch tomorrow on the PlayStation Store.

13 replies 1052 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

Excited for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch? Tomorrow might be your lucky day then, as a demo for next month's anticipated Namco release will be yours to try out for the first time (if you aren't already embedded somewhere in the industry, that is). IGN says that the demo will consist of two levels against a couple of the game's bosses.

Message 1 of 14 (1,052 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Re: Check out the demo for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch tomorrow on the PlayStation Store.

Dec 3, 2012

I'd wanted to post this earlier but couldn't log in. Pretty stoked for the demo. Wish it hadn't taken so long to come here.

Message 2 of 14 (1,042 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Re: Check out the demo for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch tomorrow on the PlayStation Store.

Dec 4, 2012

wahooo!!  is all I have to say

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Message 3 of 14 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded it last night and messed around on each level for 20 min or so.

I'll probably wind up buying it at some point..I'm not realy used to that play-style at all though. Still working on Wizardry & Rainbow Moon.

Message 4 of 14 (971 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11177 posts

Dec 6, 2012

My thoughts on the demo would probably start with being impressed by the visuals. It's a good-looking game. The battle system seems to be mainly intuitive, though what'shisface got in the way with his tutorial one time. He said to block, and when that happened the wheel was currently stuck on "Attack" - and I was unable to spin the wheel to Defend.

The battle system seems decent so far. I'm sure it will take some getting used to, especially with the game being constantly active, and having to keep spinning the wheel around. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing of the game. Though, one thing I'm kind of curious about is whether we'll have a sufficient amount of anime story sequences. The plot in the demo seems to be cased in text, which might be nicer if it was more like character interactions paired with movie sequences.

Message 5 of 14 (961 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Dec 6, 2012
I loved the demo. Had to play it a few times to realized that there's more to it than just battling the guardian for the first selection. If you beat him, you can move on and find Ding Dong Dell, which was pretty cool. I love the visuals, music, and I really like the combat system (keep in mind I'm not a big RPG/JRPG/whatever you want to call it player). Looks like a few spelling errors here and there, and a camera issue I had while walking across the volcano, but other than that it's awesome. I can't wait to start capturing all those little familiars.
Message 6 of 14 (958 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Those aren't spelling errors. Those are to show the cockney accent of your welsh fairy doll thing. The spellings are intentional. As a 31 year old man I shouldn't love this game but to hell with you all! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 14 (955 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Youer and ouer? I don't know...

Message 8 of 14 (952 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Dec 8, 2012

I've been meaning to download the demo for this game, but I guess I've been so busy that it has completely slipped my mind.  Oh well.  There's plenty of time to try it out. 

Message 9 of 14 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Dec 9, 2012

i havent played a quality rpg in years (ff13 was not quality) im an old school genesis snes jrpg gamer so when i saw this game i was so excited after playing the demo, the visuals are just so amazing love the world map. but alas the story and characters are just too childish for me (even though i love ghibli) that drippy guy is annoying. and the i didnt care for the fighting mode, (give me characters than can actually attack not this pokemon nonesense) what happend japan you were so good at jrpgs now your mediocre at best. i guess ill have to to wait till the next rpg comes to the states? tales of something??

Message 10 of 14 (909 Views)
0 Likes