Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 30 2013
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 11006 posts

Has Ni no Kuni the potential to be 2013's Game of the Year?

4 replies 247 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

In a year where so many games are getting high marks, it might make you wonder which ones will come out on top at the end. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is one of the year's earliest sellers to perform remarkably. In the spotlight for awhile, the game as you may know has heart, charm, personality, and life. But then again, there are other games out there that have been garnering favorable views all the same.

In March this year alone a number of hits have been established. From the latest Tomb Raider, to God of War: Ascension, even to the recent release of BioShock Infinite, each of these games have been positive in the feedback light. As we continue throughout the year we're bound to come across other games generating high marks. Given the hype bound for such titles as The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V, and Beyond: Two Souls, more good reviews are probably to be expected.

With so many games to qualify for this year's top status though, what do you think Ni no Kuni's chances are of being that selection? Up to this point would you deem Ni no Kuni as your highest-ranking game, or might something else in mind sway your decision elsewhere?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (247 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11354 posts

Re: Has Ni no Kuni the potential to be 2013's Game of the Year?

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will probably become MY Game of the Year for 2013. Does that count? This is one of the best video games that I have played in a very long time and the only video game this year (so far) that I decided to purchase on its release date. I'm looking forward to playing through other video games this year (of course) but I'm not confident that very many of them can compare to Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I think it should be a contender, even if it doesn't win.  It is one of those rare games that comes along once in a lifetime.  It is such a special game on so many levels that if it doesn't at least make the list then I'd declare without hesitation the person making the awards list has no taste or artistic integrity!

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (229 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7859 posts

Apr 3, 2013

It will definitely be in the conversation, but unfortunately I don't think it has a chance of winning. I hate to be pessimistic, but even with the games that have launched so far this year, most sites/magazines would probably give it to Gow:A or Bioshock Infinite over NNK. Plus, when you consider that we have GTA V, The Last Of Us, and who knows what coming on the PS4 I think this game gets buried. It's a shame, too. It's a great game that is stunning visually and really speaks to what the PS3 is capable of at this point in its lifecycle.

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Hopefully its a great game!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (191 Views)
0 Likes