Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 27 2013
By: One_Last_Chan First Son 26 posts

How do I know when my familiars reach max levels (to metamorph)

3 replies 3038 views Edited Mar 27, 2013

I've been leveling up my familiars and hoping to gain max level on each tier (form) before I metamorphize them. But how do I know when they reach their max levels? Does it show up in their stats sheet? So far I have familiars in tier 1 that are around level 25-28. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,038 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11170 posts

Re: How do I know when my familiars reach max levels (to metamorph)

Mar 27, 2013

From what I remember, Ni no Kuni actually informs you on the status screen (at the end of each battle) when your familiar is ready to rank up. If you aren't paying attention to the level up page at the close of each battle, you can also manually shift focus to the screen where you can feed your familiars. You should see a blue box next to the familiars that are ready to metamorphose, thus indicating when their status is ready. It's a good idea to check on that every once in a while in case you have been missing out.

Message 2 of 4 (749 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Yeah I've noticed that familiars have the ready to "metamorphose" blue box. But doesn't that indicate that they are at their max level at that certain tier, just being "ready to metamorphose". 

You're right though. At the end of the battle, they notify you that they've reached their max levels. I guess that's the only way to determine it eh.

Message 3 of 4 (740 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11170 posts

Mar 29, 2013

From what I understand of Ni no Kuni, there's only so much you can do in the way of metamorphosing a familiar. There's the initial phase, and then there's the third phase. After that, I believe there's one more. The gems you get for evolving the familiars note one is for the second change, then there's another for the final transformation. And with the jumbo gems, I believe that using one of those goes with the very last time. At least that's how I went about taking care of my familiars.

Message 4 of 4 (738 Views)
0 Likes