Jan 24 2013
By: Miky1574 Lombax Warrior 247 posts

NI NO KUNI: Familiars & Training Them

13 replies 4661 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

What is everyones favorite Familiar so far? And how are you building them up?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (4,661 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10781 posts

Re: NI NO KUNI: Familiars & Training Them

Jan 24, 2013

So far my only familiar is Mitey, the horned sword-carrying little goblin creature. I've fed him everything I've gotten so far (just about). I'm wondering though if feeding him will stop at when the number on the right-hand side reaches 10. Right now I have a few pies that I'm saving for later. Is there something other than feeding them that you can do to train them? I think I might have misunderstood something during the tutorial.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (4,652 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Whenever you feed your familiar, it increases the familiarity, the skills, and its fullness. Even if you max out your growth limit (green stat on the right), you should still feed him because you have to keep increasing your familiarity to get more Growth Limit. Not only that but feeding it more and more will eventually unlock a new ability tab to use.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (4,649 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10781 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The only thing is that the game also said to stay away from getting the familiar too full. Wouldn't that mean you can't feed them past a certain point? Right now I think I have about three or four blocks on the full-o-meter.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (4,646 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Jan 24, 2013

This mini guide has all the basics for to feed/catch/raise, etc familiars :manhappy:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/video-games/AmazonPreOrder1_NiNoKuni2.pdf

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (4,642 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Jan 24, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The only thing is that the game also said to stay away from getting the familiar too full. Wouldn't that mean you can't feed them past a certain point? Right now I think I have about three or four blocks on the full-o-meter.

All I know for sure is that if you feed them until they are "full" then you can't feed them again until they have room for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (4,634 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31543 posts

Jan 25, 2013

there are just so many familiar options out there. im currently still using Mitey as my main, hes evolved to Dynamite now though. im working on building up others, but hes the storngest since hes been used the longest.

also still have the Drongo and Hurly as mains for Esther and Swaine.

i really want to get a Tin-Man and Dinoceros to start to train as a familiar. havent run into them yet though.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (4,628 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Has anyone figured out how to redeem the "ticket" for the bonus Familiar? I bought the guide and got the download for the Gold Hurly but no idea how to convert it over. It's some kind of ticket or something.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (4,626 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31543 posts

Jan 28, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to redeem the "ticket" for the bonus Familiar? I bought the guide and got the download for the Gold Hurly but no idea how to convert it over. It's some kind of ticket or something.

you have to progress through the game until you get to the Temple of Trials. the "main guy" in there will redeem them for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (4,474 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Jan 29, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

you have to progress through the game until you get to the Temple of Trials. the "main guy" in there will redeem them for you.

I'm way past the Temple of Trials. I'll have to Warp back and check it out. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (4,466 Views)
0 Likes