Jan 22 2013
By: Miky1574 Lombax Warrior 219 posts

NI NO KUNI - What Is Everyones Thoughts So Far?

33 replies 552 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

I think this game is absolutely beautiful. I haven't been this excited about an RPG in forever. I was literally counting down the days.

I like how you feel like ur playing pokemon but its not dumbed down like pokemon.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 34 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Poster of the Week
5359 posts

Re: NI NO KUNI - What Is Everyones Thoughts So Far?

Jan 22, 2013
I havn`t got it yet, at first I wasn`t interested in it, but aftering seeing more about it, I think it looks pretty good. I am not sure when I will pick it up though, maybe sometime soon.

I am wondering though, what do you mean by you feel like your playing pokemon?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 34 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I've bought multiple games recently so gonna hold off on buying this for a while.  I'm curious what everyone got to say about the game. I just read the review thread and it's rather positive!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 34 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Jan 22, 2013

You can capture and train creatures called "Familiars". You feed them, take care of them, and level them up. Thats not the overall goal of this game but its a big **bleep** part of it. So many you can tame and use to help you along your journey.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 34 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Was the game actually released today in America? I went to several retailers today and none of them had even released it. Did it get pushed back?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 34 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Poster of the Week
5359 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Miky1574 wrote:

You can capture and train creatures called "Familiars". You feed them, take care of them, and level them up. Thats not the overall goal of this game but its a big **bleep** part of it. So many you can tame and use to help you along your journey.

Oh, ok, I did not hear of that part before, I only just recently got interested in this game, so I was still lacking some info. It sounds interesting though.

To the other poster, the game was released today, many major retellers, it's in stock at my local Walmart, it will also be avalable on the PSN today as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 34 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I'm going to pick this game up once I've finished some other ones I let pile up. Dishonored, Mass Effect trilogy, and some Pokemon games...

TomatoDragon wrote:
Was the game actually released today in America? I went to several retailers today and none of them had even released it. Did it get pushed back?

The game was released in America today. Looks like it's in high demand, I guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 34 (503 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah it released in the US today. Picked up my copy on my way home from work and just got done playing about 4 hours of it....I really didn't want to stop. The game is simply stunning from what I've played so far.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 34 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

i think the demo turned me off. for a game sooo big, i dont think a demo should have been released. but im going to try it out eventually. stunning reviews and im sure if you start at the beginning its a totally different experience rather than being just thrown in especially if your not a jrpg experienced player.

i need to figure the mechanics out. i was dodging left and right but still got hit alot by that boss.

but definite buy for me soon

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 34 (489 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30882 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

bought the game yesterday and am LOVING it. its great. its like a Miyazaki film combind with Monster Hunter, Pokemon and FInal Fantasy.

not to mention that the game looks gorgeous.

and for those who played the demo and were worried, the demo didnt do justice to the game. it cut out quite a bit of stuff that is in the actuall game and is very handy while fighting bosses. the giant Forest Guardian boss was pretty hard in the demo, but was much easier in the final game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 34 (470 Views)
0 Likes