Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Re: NI NO KUNI - What Is Everyones Thoughts So Far?

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

I am in the Golden Grove, on my way to the 2nd major city, Al Mamoon. I completed all the Errands and both bounty hunts in the first city Ding Dong Dell. The overall story, mechanics, and the different options of thing you can do is simply fantastic. RPG Of The Year Nominee I think. IGN gave it a 9.5, but I would have given it a 10 lol.

I also bought the hardcover strategy guide too because I wanted the Golden Hurly. I haven't used the walkthrough itself, but all the other sections are enjoyable. Especially the "Heart of Ni No Kuni" section which goes into the making of the game and provides stunning artwork.

So much you can do, at least 100 hours or more worth of play time I think. I even got the tin case for pre-ordering with Gamestop. Just a great game all around.

Message 11 of 34 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Al Mamoon was so tideous lol

Message 12 of 34 (347 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11124 posts

Jan 24, 2013

After playing the game for a while so far, I'd have to say Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is enjoyable. After playing the demo, I expected as much. It's kind of bothersome having to select between multiple personalities from the start of battle, and the abilities and mechanics throughout the game aren't actually unique. With the quest board and bounties, it's like playing Final Fantasy XII again. Naturally though, Ni no Kuni holds together well enough in the art departments. I'm not thinking it's as epic as IGN says the game is, but so far this is turning out to be a good experience.

Message 13 of 34 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I have just played the demo for the first time and now I really want the game. Sadly, here in EU we won't get it till Feb. 1st. But I'll definitely get it day 1 for sure.

Message 14 of 34 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Jan 24, 2013
This game is a mixture of Final Fantasy, Pokémon, and Tales. The artwork is more than excellent. And the idea of choosing a different familiar to battle based on who u fight is a great Idea I think. And having so many familiars to fight with makes it not so boring. I haven't gotten bored with it yet lol.
Message 15 of 34 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6447 posts

Jan 25, 2013
I think I will be buying the game today, I hope the store has it in stock, Walmart lists it as Most Likely In Stock on their website for the store I will be going to., I will post my thoughts about it once I buy it
Message 16 of 34 (319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I just started playing lastnight and have enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a feast for the eyes. Combat is smooth and fast, mind you I don't have 3 characters with 3 familiars each running so we'll see how combat speed goes later on. It's really too early to say much as I only have 2  hours in but I can't help but get the impression that Level-5 has brought their "A Game" to the table with this one.

Hopefully interuptions will be minimal today so I can sink my teeth in.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 17 of 34 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6447 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I bought my copy yesterday, there only had 1 left in stock, so I bought it. It`s pretty good so far, I am 3 hours in at the moment. My copy also came with a DLC familiar, although I can`t get it in game yet, the paper stated you need to finish 3 trials before you can get the familiar from the DLC, so havn`t found that part yet, hopfully it`s soon, I wanted to unlock Griffy.

Overall, a good game, I have been looking for a good RPG latley.
Message 18 of 34 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Man this is truly a Level 5 dream rpg come true. Currently at level 12.
Get your Portable ID!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 19 of 34 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I finally got my Gold Hurly. I have Oliver at level 19, and Esther at level 17. I have already metamorpasized 2 familiars. Im currently at the volcano, Old Smokey.
Message 20 of 34 (295 Views)
0 Likes