Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - My Review

Jan 30, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

This could be a platinum project for me. It would be my first but the main trophy that sticks out as really time consuming is taming 250 monsters. We'll see how it goes.

Ya know if I didn't have the guide I probably wouldn't find a fraction of the hidden chests.

Later in the game you will get a spell that will allow  you to find the hidden treasures. The guide helps though.

Message 11 of 23 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 31, 2013
I got the fabled wizard's edition after namco's **bleep** storm hulabaloo. I have only got to play about 7 hrs, and it has been instantly ground breakingly beautiful. I will be blasting straight through this game once I finish my DmC plat. I really want to soak in to everything this game has to offer. I have been waiting in anticipation and excitement for this game for too long not to.

this is me helping
Message 12 of 23 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Jan 31, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

This could be a platinum project for me. It would be my first but the main trophy that sticks out as really time consuming is taming 250 monsters. We'll see how it goes.

Ya know if I didn't have the guide I probably wouldn't find a fraction of the hidden chests.

I'm going for Platinum for this game too. I haven't earned a Platinum in a long time, but this game is certainly worth the effort. I will first just complete the game and all it has to offer without caring for trophies though, but after that it's hunting time!

Message 13 of 23 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 20, 2013

A nice review overall, though one thing confuses me, like the Con of "young characters"  I mean out of the other things I get it but not that. Personally I think another Pro to the game is the Wizard book you get and fill out, like a full book in a game like if it was real.  Even though it isn't like the normal game and mini-games you can lose yourself in that book and it is a good one, from the lovely art to the words it is a fine detailed book.

Message 14 of 23 (400 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Feb 20, 2013

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

A nice review overall, though one thing confuses me, like the Con of "young characters"  I mean out of the other things I get it but not that. Personally I think another Pro to the game is the Wizard book you get and fill out, like a full book in a game like if it was real.  Even though it isn't like the normal game and mini-games you can lose yourself in that book and it is a good one, from the lovely art to the words it is a fine detailed book.

For me I don't usually like to play as a child. I know a few other gamers who all prefer to play as adults or older teenagers at the minimum. Oliver looks like he's about 9 years old, although he is 13.

Message 15 of 23 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Kudos for accurate review,I have to agree with you on this,but I don't really mind the young characters though,the only major con was the ending,and the so-called ending after you beat "You-Know-Who" was hypothetically if it was going to be an ending was bad too,there were no fireworks to sent off Oliver,not all of the people he meet along the way say "Bye!!!" just okay bye and most importantly it was still in the morning,I mean I'm pretty sure if you saved the world you get a more grand ending.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 16 of 23 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

I really want this game unfortunately bills get in the way so I had to postpone my purchase. Really though this review motivates me to get the game even more. :smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 23 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 3, 2013
SuperEmblem,Ni No Kuni is a game you won't forget and one of these few rare JRPGs that cone only once every few years.The art and soundtrack of the game is amazing and I never got bored of the soundtrack even the battle one.I admit the gameplay isn't as good as some games like Persona or Final Fantasy but its still enjoyable.Not only that but the game will keep you occupied for a huge amount of time. I say it's my favorite JRPG currently with Persona 4 Golden in second place and third place probably Chronos Trigger and Final Fantasy 10 or 13,since I love games with beautiful maps.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 18 of 23 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I purchased the UK version of Ni No Kuni online and it came with the Golden Mite / Golden Drongo DLC. I know that I need a EUR PSN account to download and obtain these two familiars. 

Being in the U.S., I've never purchased a foreign country's PS3 games but I hear there is no region code and it should work for my PS3.
Probably a dumb question but can I download future U.S. DLC to this UK version of Ni No Kuni. Can I switch back to my U.S. PSN ID and play this game after I download the DLC and receive the same trophies? 

Message 19 of 23 (272 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2673 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Message 20 of 23 (251 Views)
0 Likes