Jan 23 2013
By: SpaceNun Gaming Beast 2248 posts

Ni no Kuni STEAM release PLEASE!

7 replies 1328 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

If Dark Souls and Ys can make it to Steam then so can this game. There is absolutely no reason this game cannot be ported to PC so as to play in 1080p 60fps with no jaggies in sight. It would make the game look friggin' amazing and I know there is a decent size player base who would buy it. Port this **bleep** thing to a wider audience! NAOW!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1,328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11007 posts

Re: Ni no Kuni STEAM release PLEASE!

Jan 23, 2013

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is a Sony exclusive. As far as I know, there are no Sony exclusives that are available on Steam. You can not play God of War, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank and others like it on Steam. Sorry but Ni No Kuni will not appear on Steam.

There are no "jaggies" in this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1,295 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Mar 25, 2013
A pc version of this game wont happen sorry friend. It looks great and plays flawlessly on ps3 so if u have interest just get it on ps3 cause thats the only place youll ever find (baring a ps4 rerelease on psn). As papa mentioned no ps3 exclusives are ever made into pc games.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (942 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7802 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (933 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3469 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Is it a Sony Exclusive?  As was pointed out there was a DS version of the game made which was only released in Japan.  I'm not sure who published the game in Japan but in North America it was Namco.  I highly doubt the game would appear on Steam but if Level 5 and Namco wanted to port the game I haven't heard anything to say they can't do with it as they'd like.

But in saying that, I would be extremely surprised if it ever did get ported.  And as has been said, the game is absolutely stunning on PS3 so no reason to not play it on the PS3 

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (870 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11007 posts

Apr 4, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

What about the ds version that was released before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQtH4eQI7sA

I'm not sure you can compare the two game versions. Level-5 said that both versions were developed separately from scratch, and as such  feature different data, artwork, graphics, specifications and story developments, while only retaining the same "story axle".The PlayStation 3 version will feature graphics and visuals replicating Ghibli's traditional animation style and its artwork.

WIthout having played the DS version I'm not sure exactly what those differences are. But sounds to me like they are nearly 2 different games.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (865 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Apr 11, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

What about the ds version that was released before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQtH4eQI7sA

I'm not sure you can compare the two game versions. Level-5 said that both versions were developed separately from scratch, and as such  feature different data, artwork, graphics, specifications and story developments, while only retaining the same "story axle".The PlayStation 3 version will feature graphics and visuals replicating Ghibli's traditional animation style and its artwork.

WIthout having played the DS version I'm not sure exactly what those differences are. But sounds to me like they are nearly 2 different games.

indeed papa. my youngest brother had import ds version. lol he cant speak japanese but loves toying aroung with imported games . he seems to think there are some MAJOR diffrences. having never played it myself i also cant say for sure , but i honestly dont see any possible way they could fit the beuty and scale of the ps3 version on any other format ... baring a super pc running a steam version , which as we all kno is almost certain to never happen.

Forum Sig Pictures, Images and Photos">
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (824 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 30, 2013

THAT WOULD BE FUN

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (753 Views)
0 Likes