PlayStation MVP
3977 posts

Re: The Ni No Kuni Progress Thread

Jan 31, 2013

Is it too late to admit I was wrong?:smileysurprised:  I picked this game up two days ago, and decided to play a bit of it last night.  I got to the other world, and decided to stop for the night.  Of course it was 1AM, and I'm paying for it now, but it was worth it.  I admit, I wasn't going to pick this game up after playing the demo.  However, after hearing so much praise for the game and finding out more about it, I decided to give it a try.  I thought this game was meant mostly for children and Studio Ghibli fans, but it seems that even someone like myself can enjoy it.  Besides, I would have regretted missing out on sharing the experience of a great jrpg in a progress thread like this.  It's just like old times, but with a new and different jrpg.  I look forward to playing the rest of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 109 (548 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31596 posts

Jan 31, 2013

FFXI101 wrote:

Is there new game + mode? like we get to keep some stuff from the beginning?

I'm still at Hamelin. Just grinding now I got Oliver to lvl40. Have 6 of the Familiars in their final form. 

there is no new game+ but when you beat the game and make a completed game save when you load that up its right before the final boss so you can go about the world and do whatever you havent done, there is also quite a bit of stuff unlocked that you can do in a completed save.

i just completed the final errand for The Cunductor and beat the super secret extra hard boss. wasnt that difficult, but then again im at around level 90 and have a level 23 Demoliceros. if any of you have a Demoliceros, youll know that level 23 is impressive(that familiar takes about 5 times as much exp per level as your regular familiar). with his Haymaker skill i generaly deal 700-900 with each hit. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 109 (546 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Jan 31, 2013

tross88 wrote:

Is it too late to admit I was wrong?:smileysurprised:  I picked this game up two days ago, and decided to play a bit of it last night.  I got to the other world, and decided to stop for the night.  Of course it was 1AM, and I'm paying for it now, but it was worth it.  I admit, I wasn't going to pick this game up after playing the demo.  However, after hearing so much praise for the game and finding out more about it, I decided to give it a try.  I thought this game was meant mostly for children and Studio Ghibli fans, but it seems that even someone like myself can enjoy it.  Besides, I would have regretted missing out on sharing the experience of a great jrpg in a progress thread like this.  It's just like old times, but with a new and different jrpg.  I look forward to playing the rest of it.

Congratulations!

To be honest, I originally wasn't going to pick this up. When it was first announced, I thought the same thing about it being for kids. But the more I learned, the more intrigued I became. Finally I decided that I would get it and hope for the best. The demo was a bit off putting for me too. In the end I'm quite glad I gave it a shot :smileyvery-happy:

Amazing what an open mind can accomplish isn't it? /grin/

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 109 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Did anyone have trouble with the 'A splash of color' side-quest? It's literally one of the first side-quests, but I'm now over 12 hours into the game and still haven't completed it. You need to find 2 bottles of springwater and 2 plainswort flowers but I can't find that 2nd plainswort flower nowhere. Any tips?

ETA: I just stopped Old Mt Smoky from erupting and am back on my way to Al Mamoon.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 109 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
470 posts

Feb 1, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

FFXI101 wrote:

Is there new game + mode? like we get to keep some stuff from the beginning?

I'm still at Hamelin. Just grinding now I got Oliver to lvl40. Have 6 of the Familiars in their final form. 

there is no new game+ but when you beat the game and make a completed game save when you load that up its right before the final boss so you can go about the world and do whatever you havent done, there is also quite a bit of stuff unlocked that you can do in a completed save.

i just completed the final errand for The Cunductor and beat the super secret extra hard boss. wasnt that difficult, but then again im at around level 90 and have a level 23 Demoliceros. if any of you have a Demoliceros, youll know that level 23 is impressive(that familiar takes about 5 times as much exp per level as your regular familiar). with his Haymaker skill i generaly deal 700-900 with each hit. :smileyvery-happy:

Would have been nice if there is a New game+ mode like in WKC, cause I'd love to play it again.

I'm still at  Hamelin and Oliie is at lvl44 now thanks to Toko(or Toro) can't remember which but the one that give you 2k exp each time you kill it. I think I'm going to stop grinding for a while and just go ahead with the story so I could maybe get some new familiar and see the different parts of the world.  

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 109 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5665 posts

Feb 1, 2013

DNG-PaasDieJonco wrote:

Did anyone have trouble with the 'A splash of color' side-quest? It's literally one of the first side-quests, but I'm now over 12 hours into the game and still haven't completed it. You need to find 2 bottles of springwater and 2 plainswort flowers but I can't find that 2nd plainswort flower nowhere. Any tips?

ETA: I just stopped Old Mt Smoky from erupting and am back on my way to Al Mamoon.

That flower is found in the same place you got the first flower, they respawn in the same place. I know one place you can get it is, by that big lake. (where you found the diary) near the mountain area.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 109 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

DNG-PaasDieJonco wrote:

That flower is found in the same place you got the first flower, they respawn in the same place. I know one place you can get it is, by that big lake. (where you found the diary) near the mountain area.

I can't remember where I found it. There is only 1 chest I have found that was underneath some trees but I can't remember where. But thanks for the tips I'll check the area.

ETA: Found it! Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 109 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Got 35+ hours in atm.  Currenlty on Boss: Swaine's Nightmare.  Oliver is at Lv.25 and Esther at Lv.25 as well.

So far my familiars are:

~Little Bighorn Lv.18

~Danglerfish Lv.16

~Bonehead Lv.23

~Thumbelemur Lv.24

~Purrloiner Lv.16

~Drongo Lv.25

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 109 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Feb 2, 2013

What would you guys rate the difficulty for getting the plat and what are some hard/tedious trohies worth mentioning?

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 109 (492 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3977 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I'm 3 hours in now, and have just stayed overnight at The Cat's Cradle in Ding Dong Dell, after completing the first wave of side quests.  I'm now seriously considering watching some Studio Ghibli films.  I saw a couple a few years ago, but not the ones people swear by.  I saw The Cat Returns 4 and 1/2 years ago(I think), and Ding Dong Dell kind of reminds me of that movie.  The other one I saw was called Castle in the Sky(I think), and that was quite a few years ago too.  Maybe I should take the time to see the so called "classics", and rematch the ones I did see(I remember enjoying them both).  I'll have to see though.  In the meantime, I'll just enjoy Ni no Kuni.  

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 109 (477 Views)
0 Likes