Welcoming Committee
5986 posts

Re: The Ni No Kuni Progress Thread

Feb 4, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Finished the main story. On post clear content now. Trying to figure out what spells I'm missing and why I can't access some of them such as Quake or Nix.

You can`t use them, some spells, like Quake, Nix, ashes of resurrection cannot be used, they are only added to the wizards companion. Only real purpose is if you wanted a completed wizards companion. As for what spells you are missing, don`t forget to complete all of horrances riddles, there is also more in post game. you should get them all that way.

Fooey! Quake would have been such a nice spell to use. /sigh/

theres like 12 spells added to the book that we cant use. :smileysad:

personaly, i think the ones that would turn us into a cat or a fish would be awesome. :smileyvery-happy:

I think ashes of resurrection would of been great to use, as that spell can actually revive party members, but since you can`t use it, you have to stick to buying items.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 109 (1,253 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32017 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Finished the main story. On post clear content now. Trying to figure out what spells I'm missing and why I can't access some of them such as Quake or Nix.

You can`t use them, some spells, like Quake, Nix, ashes of resurrection cannot be used, they are only added to the wizards companion. Only real purpose is if you wanted a completed wizards companion. As for what spells you are missing, don`t forget to complete all of horrances riddles, there is also more in post game. you should get them all that way.

personaly, i think the ones that would turn us into a cat or a fish would be awesome. :smileyvery-happy:

I think ashes of resurrection would of been great to use, as that spell can actually revive party members, but since you can`t use it, you have to stick to buying items.

that spell sounds neat, but doesnt the description mention serious side effects against the caster or something?

all the unusable spells makes me want a sequel in which we can use them, among other new spells too. a lot of the spells could make for some very interesting and fun chapters of the story.

also, for anyone who wants it, i found a complete scan of the Wizard's Companion book. the scans are from the physical book that came with the Wizard's Edition, but they are exactly the same as in-game.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ujZL_T7iOQMWh1R1c4QTZVS1U/edit

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 109 (1,251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Feb 4, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

rugi1531 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Hypnoticbrain wrote:

What would you guys rate the difficulty for getting the plat and what are some hard/tedious trohies worth mentioning?

id give it a 7/10. for the most part its easy, but there are 2 trophies that are difficult and time consuming. the one where you have to catch/evolve all 250 species and the one for getting all the merrit rewards from Swift Solutions.

the catch/evolve all 250 species is self explanitory, but the merrit reward one is just hell, im currently trying to do it. you think it would be easy; do errands, get stamps, fill up cards and trade in. however to get all the rewards you have to do all the errands that offer stamps, and upon completing the game a new errand unlocks that has to do with making things with alchemy. and in order to make those things you need some super rare items that are only dropped by 3 different creatures. ive been famring these creatures for probably 7 hours over the course of 2 days and havent even gotten 1 of the items yet... and i need 5... :smileyindifferent:

and for no reason heres my parties stats:

Oliver- 99max

Demoliceros- 28max

Tundragorer- 4

Tokotoko- 3

Esther- 99max

Fluorongo- 99max

Sinister Sovereign- 68max(not sure the exact number but i know its at max)

Greater Naiad- 99max

Swaine- 87

Hurlcules- 99max

Puss in Boats- 99max

Papa Sasquash- 94

are you talking about the scrolls?

yes.

3 hours of farming yesterday and i only managed to pull 1 more Scroll. need 3 more now, and 3 more Kolidestones. times like this i wish the game had a item duplication glitch like some of the past old FF games. :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

I just got the platinum recently and its such a grind this game is! The best way to farm the scrolls of truth is at the valley of tears off of the golden tokotoko. The way I did it is just go around in circles with the mobs there since the respawn is high. I'm pretty sure you can't steal it so just kill em. 

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 109 (1,246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 4, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

I believe a couple of the familiars can use spells that can resurrect party members. When I log into the game in a while, I'll look at the abilities I have for them.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 109 (1,243 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32017 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

rugi1531 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

rugi1531 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Hypnoticbrain wrote:

What would you guys rate the difficulty for getting the plat and what are some hard/tedious trohies worth mentioning?

id give it a 7/10. for the most part its easy, but there are 2 trophies that are difficult and time consuming. the one where you have to catch/evolve all 250 species and the one for getting all the merrit rewards from Swift Solutions.

the catch/evolve all 250 species is self explanitory, but the merrit reward one is just hell, im currently trying to do it. you think it would be easy; do errands, get stamps, fill up cards and trade in. however to get all the rewards you have to do all the errands that offer stamps, and upon completing the game a new errand unlocks that has to do with making things with alchemy. and in order to make those things you need some super rare items that are only dropped by 3 different creatures. ive been famring these creatures for probably 7 hours over the course of 2 days and havent even gotten 1 of the items yet... and i need 5... :smileyindifferent:

and for no reason heres my parties stats:

Oliver- 99max

Demoliceros- 28max

Tundragorer- 4

Tokotoko- 3

Esther- 99max

Fluorongo- 99max

Sinister Sovereign- 68max(not sure the exact number but i know its at max)

Greater Naiad- 99max

Swaine- 87

Hurlcules- 99max

Puss in Boats- 99max

Papa Sasquash- 94

are you talking about the scrolls?

yes.

3 hours of farming yesterday and i only managed to pull 1 more Scroll. need 3 more now, and 3 more Kolidestones. times like this i wish the game had a item duplication glitch like some of the past old FF games. :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

I just got the platinum recently and its such a grind this game is! The best way to farm the scrolls of truth is at the valley of tears off of the golden tokotoko. The way I did it is just go around in circles with the mobs there since the respawn is high. I'm pretty sure you can't steal it so just kill em. 

i just read an AMAZING strategy to farming rare items.

when you encounter a creature that you can steal rare items from, switch to Swaine and right away push square to make the other members go into defense. once they do, go into the tactics menu and select to make them "do nothing". whenever the defense timer goes out, push square again. with this the other members will just block.

keep your target on the monster you want to steal from. with the members blocking, eventually they will get a "nice" block and eventually a gold glim will show up. have Swaine grab it and he will use his super trick on the targeted monster and 100% steal the rare item.

if you use that tactic in the Glittering Grotto with the Bedraggles you will get nothing but scrolls from them as thats the only rare item they have. and they are a lot easier to encounter than the gold Toko's in any of the gold creature areas.

you can also use this tactic on the gold Gobfathers in the Miasma Marshes to get either Kalidestones or Scrolls, its a 50/50 chance for which one youll get.

havent tried it yet, im going to though, but it seems like it will take at least 5 min per fight. however 5 min for an guaranteed Scroll beats farming for hours with no guarantee.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 109 (1,240 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

when you encounter a creature that you can steal rare items from, switch to Swaine and right away push square to make the other members go into defense. once they do, go into the tactics menu and select to make them "do nothing". whenever the defense timer goes out, push square again. with this the other members will just block.

keep your target on the monster you want to steal from. with the members blocking, eventually they will get a "nice" block and eventually a gold glim will show up. have Swaine grab it and he will use his super trick on the targeted monster and 100% steal the rare item.

if you use that tactic in the Glittering Grotto with the Bedraggles you will get nothing but scrolls from them as thats the only rare item they have. and they are a lot easier to encounter than the gold Toko's in any of the gold creature areas.

you can also use this tactic on the gold Gobfathers in the Miasma Marshes to get either Kalidestones or Scrolls, its a 50/50 chance for which one youll get.

havent tried it yet, im going to though, but it seems like it will take at least 5 min per fight. however 5 min for an guaranteed Scroll beats farming for hours with no guarantee.

Thank you for that tip.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 109 (1,232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 5, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

I believe a couple of the familiars can use spells that can resurrect party members. When I log into the game in a while, I'll look at the abilities I have for them.

The Astralynx has an ability called Upsy-Daisy that can resue an ally from unconsciousness (aka resurrect). I know others have that as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 109 (1,231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Which Tier 3 Familiars do you guys have? Mine currently are;

Moggle Boggle Lvl 15

Sugarplum Sprite Lvl 19

Grimpaler Lvl 4

Splatterhorn Lvl 6

Snowhawk Lvl 7

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 109 (1,224 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5986 posts

Feb 5, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

The Astralynx has an ability called Upsy-Daisy that can resue an ally from unconsciousness (aka resurrect). I know others have that as well.

Thanks for that info, it`s good to know, I am not sure if I caught that creature yet, but I do have a lot of familiars I havn`t trained yet, so I will see if any of them can learn that ability, and if not I will look for the one you mentioned. (to bad I didn`t know that before, would of been quite useful against certain boss` and the enemies that can kill you in one hit no matter what level you are.)

For some extra advice, not sure if someone mentioned it in this thread, but if you wanted to grind exp, fight the Tokocolds, they earn you 24,000 exp per fight, the only thing is, they always run away in a fight, so you have to either beat them really quickly, or somehow prevent them from being able to run with a status alignment of some sort. Also you really need to surprise them, gives you some time before they are able to run. (they are semi-rare and I know they appear on the final floor of the ivory tower. (the hallway before the final teleport.) I can usually find one, running back and forth between both ends of the hallway, in around 5 or so mins. It really speeds up leveling.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 109 (1,218 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32017 posts

Feb 5, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Thank you for that tip.

i tested it out last night and it does take a while. first try it took about 20 min before a gold glim appeared and for me to steal.

best bet is to hope you run into the Bedraggles with Sasquach enemies. the Turban Legends use Snowstorm which can be rather annoying, and the Ice Queens use their whatever spell that can KO an party member.

also important that you create Medals of Impunity, which negate all status ailments, so the Bedraggle cant put your members to sleep.

the medals can be created fairly easy with a little farming in the Ivory Tower for Star Pearls aswell as gathering basic ingredients for All-Be-Gones.

All-Be-Gones are created with 1 Booster Shoot, 1 Plainswort Flower and 1 Old Oak Leaves. you can gather 2 Booster Shoots and 2 Plainswort Flowers from the Rolling Hills around Ding Dong Dell, they appear naturaly as the shiny areas on the world map. you can also gather 2 Old Oak Leaves in Nazca, again they appear naturaly.

you will also need Glowcaps which can be gathered from the cliff peak right near the exit of the Golden Grove aswell towards the enterance of Old Smokey. just teleport from area to area(Ding Dong Dell, Golden Grove, Old Smokey, Nazca) and use the dragon to quick travel from the shiny spots.

forumal for the Medal of Impunity is 3 All-Be-Gonea, 1 Star Pearl and 3 Glowcaps, but you should have the formula already.

also make sure that the familiars you have equiped can actually deffend. some have evade and others dont have any option. best bet is to equip one defend familiar to Oliver and Esther, of course make sure they have decent stats. they will defend with that familiar and when its stamina runs out they themselves will defend.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 109 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes