PlayStation MVP
31543 posts

Re: The Ni No Kuni Progress Thread

Feb 5, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

For some extra advice, not sure if someone mentioned it in this thread, but if you wanted to grind exp, fight the Tokocolds, they earn you 24,000 exp per fight, the only thing is, they always run away in a fight, so you have to either beat them really quickly, or somehow prevent them from being able to run with a status alignment of some sort. Also you really need to surprise them, gives you some time before they are able to run. (they are semi-rare and I know they appear on the final floor of the ivory tower. (the hallway before the final teleport.) I can usually find one, running back and forth between both ends of the hallway, in around 5 or so mins. It really speeds up leveling.

best bet with any Toko creature is to use Veil spell and make sure you have the Jack-in-the-Box merit reward from Swift Solutions. with both of these you will have a 100% success rate in getting a surprise attack on an enemy. and with the surprise attack, you have about 5 seconds where the enemy does nothing. having a familiar that can deal at least 300 in one hit is best, as you can have them attack the Toko right away and defeat it before it can do anthing.

and for those who didnt know yet, the Demoliceros is the strongest physical attacker in the game. that thing with earsplitter will deal on average 500 to each enemy. most of the time ending the fight right there. also with the Haymaker skill it can deal upwards in 1000 damage in 1 hit. which is awesome when fighting bosses or fighting the Elks near Ding Dong Dell; Elks give out 2000exp are are really easy to encounter. but they are very strong.

best thing is to raise your own, you can get its first form the Dinoceros on the Genie's Steps that surround the desert of Al Mamoon. if youre impatient in raising one you can get a Demoliceros in the Ivory Tower.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 109 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5646 posts

Feb 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

For some extra advice, not sure if someone mentioned it in this thread, but if you wanted to grind exp, fight the Tokocolds, they earn you 24,000 exp per fight, the only thing is, they always run away in a fight, so you have to either beat them really quickly, or somehow prevent them from being able to run with a status alignment of some sort. Also you really need to surprise them, gives you some time before they are able to run. (they are semi-rare and I know they appear on the final floor of the ivory tower. (the hallway before the final teleport.) I can usually find one, running back and forth between both ends of the hallway, in around 5 or so mins. It really speeds up leveling.

best bet with any Toko creature is to use Veil spell and make sure you have the Jack-in-the-Box merit reward from Swift Solutions. with both of these you will have a 100% success rate in getting a surprise attack on an enemy. and with the surprise attack, you have about 5 seconds where the enemy does nothing. having a familiar that can deal at least 300 in one hit is best, as you can have them attack the Toko right away and defeat it before it can do anthing.

and for those who didnt know yet, the Demoliceros is the strongest physical attacker in the game. that thing with earsplitter will deal on average 500 to each enemy. most of the time ending the fight right there. also with the Haymaker skill it can deal upwards in 1000 damage in 1 hit. which is awesome when fighting bosses or fighting the Elks near Ding Dong Dell; Elks give out 2000exp are are really easy to encounter. but they are very strong.

best thing is to raise your own, you can get its first form the Dinoceros on the Genie's Steps that surround the desert of Al Mamoon. if youre impatient in raising one you can get a Demoliceros in the Ivory Tower.

I heard fighting Tokotoko is better for exp grinding (in billy goat bluff) because they give you 9000exp each and sometimes you can get 2 in one battle, and they are much more common then tokocolds, (which would mean faster exp gain in the long run.) havn`t tested them out yet though. (Also, ya, I do use veil, I find that`s the only way to have a good chance at defeating them.)

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 109 (540 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31543 posts

Feb 5, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

I heard fighting Tokotoko is better for exp grinding (in billy goat bluff) because they give you 9000exp each and sometimes you can get 2 in one battle, and they are much more common then tokocolds, (which would mean faster exp gain in the long run.) havn`t tested them out yet though. (Also, ya, I do use veil, I find that`s the only way to have a good chance at defeating them.)

the Tokotoko's outside of Perdida are indeed your best bet as they are A LOT more common that the Tokocolds in the Ivory Tower. They also often appear on the world map too so you dont have to fight each monster hoping to encounter a Tokotoko.

and yeah, you can get 2 per fight. has happened to me many times. once it happened 2 times in a row; got like 30,000exp in a matter of seconds. :smileyvery-happy:

the Toko's on the Ugly Duck Island are also very common, but they only offer 2000exp i think. not worth it unless you want to catch one, as they are much more likely to be caught then the Tokotoko or Tokocold.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 109 (533 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3976 posts

Feb 7, 2013
It's about time I gave a bit of an update on my progress. I just defeated the Gladiataur in the Golden Grove, and now have three familiars. I have completed all the sidequests in Ding Ding Dell, and am ready to move on. I wish I had more time to spend with this game, but I'm progressing at a steady rate. I look forward to whatever comes next.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 109 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Almost 70 hours in and near the end. Game started crashing my PS3 and will not play blurays.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 109 (500 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Just finished the last 2 Trophies I was working on. Think I ended up with 5 today.

• King of the World (Gold)
  • Familiarologist (Gold)
  • Super Hero (Gold)
  • Mad Scientist (Gold)
  • Wizardry Whiz (Platinum #26)
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 109 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5646 posts

Feb 8, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Just finished the last 2 Trophies I was working on. Think I ended up with 5 today.

• Familiarologist (Gold)
  • Super Hero (Gold)
  • Mad Scientist (Gold)

I am not sure if I will go for platnium on this one, I don`t feel like doing the huge grind for the alchemy trophy, it would take a long time to complete, with the ones that have rare ingredients. Currently though, I am taking a break from the game, and playing something else.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 109 (488 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31543 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

• Familiarologist (Gold)
  • Super Hero (Gold)
  • Mad Scientist (Gold)

for Mad Scientist did you actually have to make 150 DIFFERENT things via alchemy, or just 150 things?

150 different things seems crazy, since quite a few items require rare items, and i hate grinding for rare items. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 109 (484 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Feb 8, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

• Familiarologist (Gold)
  • Super Hero (Gold)
  • Mad Scientist (Gold)

for Mad Scientist did you actually have to make 150 DIFFERENT things via alchemy, or just 150 things?

150 different things seems crazy, since quite a few items require rare items, and i hate grinding for rare items. :smileysad:

120 different items. There are I believe 134 formula in all. You will likely have to farm for 2 of them. I know to make the War God Axe (I think that's the one) you need 5 scrolls of truth and 5 kaleidastones. I farmed 5 more stones to make another item and then figured out I was missing 10 formula (I didn't get the ones from Kublai's crew on the Iron Wyvern) and I had the ingredients for all of those items.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 109 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Feb 9, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

• Familiarologist (Gold)
  • Super Hero (Gold)
  • Mad Scientist (Gold)

what are the other trophies do you need?

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 109 (468 Views)
0 Likes