I just got my platinum trophy! :smileyvery-happy:

Congratulations!

Message 91 of 109 (309 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Re: The Ni No Kuni Progress Thread

Feb 20, 2013

tross88 wrote:

Thanks for the advice.  After finally writing that impending exam I had today, I decided to play some more Ni no Kuni.  I forgot to update my progress upon reaching Castaway Cove, learning alchemy, and undertaking some sidequests.  Today I pretty much just did one sidequest(the rainbow feather one), deciphered some nazcaan writing for Horace, and wandered back to the earlier areas of the game to catch some familiars.  I met some second forms of earlier monsters, but for some reason I prefer to raise creatures from their first form.  I do that with Pokemon too, mind you, so it's not so surprising that I would do it with familiars in Ni no Kuni.  Anyways, while that doesn't sound like a lot of progress, I added quite a few new familiars to my ranks.

I like raising them from the start as well. It's a lot of fun :smileyhappy:

Message 92 of 109 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2398 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

I just got my platinum trophy! :smileyvery-happy:

Congratulations!

Thank you sir. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 93 of 109 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 22, 2013

i hearing a lot about this game is really fun ?

Message 94 of 109 (294 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Feb 23, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

tross88 wrote:

Thanks for the advice.  After finally writing that impending exam I had today, I decided to play some more Ni no Kuni.  I forgot to update my progress upon reaching Castaway Cove, learning alchemy, and undertaking some sidequests.  Today I pretty much just did one sidequest(the rainbow feather one), deciphered some nazcaan writing for Horace, and wandered back to the earlier areas of the game to catch some familiars.  I met some second forms of earlier monsters, but for some reason I prefer to raise creatures from their first form.  I do that with Pokemon too, mind you, so it's not so surprising that I would do it with familiars in Ni no Kuni.  Anyways, while that doesn't sound like a lot of progress, I added quite a few new familiars to my ranks.

I like raising them from the start as well. It's a lot of fun :smileyhappy:

Well, just for the heck of it, I went back to the earlier areas in the game, and tamed every base form I could, which happened to be literally every creature from the first few areas.  It took a while, and some species were stubborn, but I did it.  I went through The Rolling Hills, Deep Dark Woods, Ding Dong Well, Golden Grove, the area just outside the Golden Grove on the other Side, and am now at Old Smoky.  I had already tamed everything from The Shimmering Sands, except for a Bonehead, but Boneheads hang out in the area just outside Golden Grove too, so I was able to tame one while I was going after a Crowhawk.  I just got to Smoky Mountain, but so far I haven't been able to tame anything I hadn't before.  Luckily, I already tamed a Hullaballoon, a Small Fry(now a Deep Fry), a Boggly-Boo(now a Bigger-Boggle) and a Little Big Horn.  I really want a Shrimpaler, and I'm not leaving till I get one.  I'll get back to the story eventually, but I got a little sidetracked.:smileytongue:

Message 95 of 109 (288 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Feb 23, 2013

xCougarx94 wrote:

It is. If you've been itching for a new Japanese-style RPG to play, this one has all the right ingredients to satisfy your urges.

Message 96 of 109 (283 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Feb 25, 2013

xCougarx94 wrote:

There is a demo available, but it hardly does the game justice. If you like Japanese developed RPGs, love or don't mind turn based combat, then you will enjoy it immensely. It feels like a cross between Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Pokemon and the Tales series. It's gorgeous, the story's great and so is the music.

You can also check out my review of the game, stickied to the front page of this forum section.

Message 97 of 109 (261 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32681 posts

Feb 27, 2013

woooo, got the plat yesterday. capturing all the creatures was probably the worst part, takes a while.

Message 98 of 109 (245 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Feb 27, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

xCougarx94 wrote:

There is a demo available, but it hardly does the game justice. If you like Japanese developed RPGs, love or don't mind turn based combat, then you will enjoy it immensely. It feels like a cross between Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Pokemon and the Tales series. It's gorgeous, the story's great and so is the music.

You can also check out my review of the game, stickied to the front page of this forum section.

That's an understatement.  I wasn't going to buy the game after playing that demo, but I'm glad I changed my mind.:smileyhappy:  Seriously, don't be discouraged by the demo, xCougarx94.

Message 99 of 109 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 1, 2013

xCougarx94 wrote:

Word of advice if you hadn't gotten the game yet. Catch all the familiars you encounter once you obtain taming,and when I say catch all I mean CATCH ALL,even if you already have it. The 250 familiar trophy is such a pain in the ( v ). Also don't try to waste money early on in the game,you'll need a lot of Coffee or MP recovery items later on in the game,extremely useful but they're also extremely expensive. Really the only time you should buy equips is when you have to do something for a certain wand and visit a certain place that contain fire coats in such. On the other hand,also don't do any Bounty Quest until you acquire the faster way of travel,seriously it's not worth running back and forth and back and forth.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 100 of 109 (214 Views)
0 Likes