PlayStation MVP
7845 posts

Re: The Ni No Kuni Progress Thread

Feb 3, 2013
I don't have any stats right now, but I'll at least get y'all a bit of a progress update. I finished up at Al Mamoon last night, including Old Smokey. I've completed all of the bounties except for one that may not be available to me yet (where are the Summerlands?). I also believe I've completed most of the errands so far as well (I unlocked the trophy for doing 15 of them, at least).

Currently, I'm about to fight the Genie in the cauldron. Unfortunately I lost the first time around because I wasn't expecting a boss battle, and Esther was woefully low on health. I about had him, but I couldn't block his big explosion attack in time because using a provision takes FOREVER.

And tross, you MUST check out more Studio Ghibli films. My personal favorites are Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service.
Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 109 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

I'm currently trying to save the littlies from the Royal Jelly inside Mam's Belly. Having a tough time though. Mine 9 Familiar's right now are (Probably gonna switch a couple) :

Mighty Mite Lvl 26

Sprout Sprite Lvl 27

Bigger-Boggle Lvl 22

Bighorn Lvl 22

Cutpursse Lvl 17

Mohawk Lvl 8

Hurly Lvl 24

Impaler Lvl 22

Dumbelemur Lvl 17

ETA: After a bit of lvling I have now beaten the Royal Jelly and am on my way to Hamelin.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 109 (365 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31489 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Hypnoticbrain wrote:

What would you guys rate the difficulty for getting the plat and what are some hard/tedious trohies worth mentioning?

id give it a 7/10. for the most part its easy, but there are 2 trophies that are difficult and time consuming. the one where you have to catch/evolve all 250 species and the one for getting all the merrit rewards from Swift Solutions.

the catch/evolve all 250 species is self explanitory, but the merrit reward one is just hell, im currently trying to do it. you think it would be easy; do errands, get stamps, fill up cards and trade in. however to get all the rewards you have to do all the errands that offer stamps, and upon completing the game a new errand unlocks that has to do with making things with alchemy. and in order to make those things you need some super rare items that are only dropped by 3 different creatures. ive been famring these creatures for probably 7 hours over the course of 2 days and havent even gotten 1 of the items yet... and i need 5... :smileyindifferent:

and for no reason heres my parties stats:

Oliver- 99max

Demoliceros- 28max

Tundragorer- 4

Tokotoko- 3

Esther- 99max

Fluorongo- 99max

Sinister Sovereign- 68max(not sure the exact number but i know its at max)

Greater Naiad- 99max

Swaine- 87

Hurlcules- 99max

Puss in Boats- 99max

Papa Sasquash- 94

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 109 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Hypnoticbrain wrote:

What would you guys rate the difficulty for getting the plat and what are some hard/tedious trohies worth mentioning?

id give it a 7/10. for the most part its easy, but there are 2 trophies that are difficult and time consuming. the one where you have to catch/evolve all 250 species and the one for getting all the merrit rewards from Swift Solutions.

the catch/evolve all 250 species is self explanitory, but the merrit reward one is just hell, im currently trying to do it. you think it would be easy; do errands, get stamps, fill up cards and trade in. however to get all the rewards you have to do all the errands that offer stamps, and upon completing the game a new errand unlocks that has to do with making things with alchemy. and in order to make those things you need some super rare items that are only dropped by 3 different creatures. ive been famring these creatures for probably 7 hours over the course of 2 days and havent even gotten 1 of the items yet... and i need 5... :smileyindifferent:

Oliver- 99max

Demoliceros- 28max

Tundragorer- 4

Tokotoko- 3

Esther- 99max

Fluorongo- 99max

Greater Naiad- 99max

Swaine- 87

Hurlcules- 99max

Puss in Boats- 99max

Papa Sasquash- 94

are you talking about the scrolls?

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 109 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5583 posts

Feb 3, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Hypnoticbrain wrote:

Oliver- 99max

Demoliceros- 28max

Tundragorer- 4

Tokotoko- 3

Esther- 99max

Fluorongo- 99max

Greater Naiad- 99max

Swaine- 87

Hurlcules- 99max

Puss in Boats- 99max

Papa Sasquash- 94

I would like to point out that there are actually over 400 creatures and you only need to have tamed 250 out of the 400 and some. Evolution does count as a tame, so each creature you catch can count as 3. The errands and bounties are not to difficult either, I just finished the game myself, but I think the most part is just time consuming, there are some catch errands, sometimes the creature has a low catch rate, and can take awhile, I think the hardest/most time consuming one would be alchemy, some ingredients are very hard to get as they have a low drop rate. I heard it took some people over 8 hours just to get 1 ingredient.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 109 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Finished the main story. On post clear content now. Trying to figure out what spells I'm missing and why I can't access some of them such as Quake or Nix.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 109 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5583 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Finished the main story. On post clear content now. Trying to figure out what spells I'm missing and why I can't access some of them such as Quake or Nix.

You can`t use them, some spells, like Quake, Nix, ashes of resurrection cannot be used, they are only added to the wizards companion. Only real purpose is if you wanted a completed wizards companion. As for what spells you are missing, don`t forget to complete all of horrances riddles, there is also more in post game. you should get them all that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 109 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31489 posts

Feb 4, 2013

rugi1531 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Hypnoticbrain wrote:

Oliver- 99max

Demoliceros- 28max

Tundragorer- 4

Tokotoko- 3

Esther- 99max

Fluorongo- 99max

Greater Naiad- 99max

Swaine- 87

Hurlcules- 99max

Puss in Boats- 99max

Papa Sasquash- 94

are you talking about the scrolls?

yes.

3 hours of farming yesterday and i only managed to pull 1 more Scroll. need 3 more now, and 3 more Kolidestones. times like this i wish the game had a item duplication glitch like some of the past old FF games. :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 109 (333 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Feb 4, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

You can`t use them, some spells, like Quake, Nix, ashes of resurrection cannot be used, they are only added to the wizards companion. Only real purpose is if you wanted a completed wizards companion. As for what spells you are missing, don`t forget to complete all of horrances riddles, there is also more in post game. you should get them all that way.

Fooey! Quake would have been such a nice spell to use. /sigh/

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 109 (328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31489 posts

Feb 4, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Fooey! Quake would have been such a nice spell to use. /sigh/

theres like 12 spells added to the book that we cant use. :smileysad:

personaly, i think the ones that would turn us into a cat or a fish would be awesome. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 109 (324 Views)
0 Likes