Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 04 2009
By: mmmig Gaming Beast 2135 posts

The Best Ninja Gaiden Player I've Ever Seen

25 replies 1736 views Edited Oct 4, 2009

Lo and behold --- BlackICE

The footage is of him playing Chapter 1 of Ninja Gaiden II on Path of the Master Ninja.  This is a "naked" run --- meaning, he is starting from scratch.  No upgrades (including the Izuna Drop), no Ninpo at start up.  His mastery of the combo system is just unmatched in my opinion.  His play is smooth as silk; he's flashy, but frighteningly efficient as well.

For those of you who are having a difficult time in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, all I'll say is be thankful those Incendiary Shuriken ninjas aren't in the game to harass you --- at least, not anywhere near the numbers they are in Ninja Gaiden II :smileytongue:.  

The video is only part 1 of 4.  The rest are on the sidebar under "Related Videos".  I wish there was more footage of BlackICE playing, but sadly, I think those 4 videos are it.

Message 1 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
802 posts

Re: The Best Ninja Gaiden Player I've Ever Seen

Oct 4, 2009

this guy is sick,really watching this video makes me desperate btw how to kick by leg what is required to perform this?

Message Edited by zeeka29may on 10-04-2009 10:04 PM
Message 2 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2466 posts

Oct 4, 2009
That guy is a true ninja master in terms of playing through such an insane mode.
Cold as dark
Now my words, are frosted with every breath
Still the hate burns wild, growing inside this heart
When the wind changes course when the star align
I will reach out to you and leave this all behind
When Heavens Divide
Message 3 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

Oct 4, 2009

zeeka29may wrote:

this guy is sick,really watching this video makes me desperate btw how to kick by leg what is required to perform this?

Message Edited by zeeka29may on 10-04-2009 10:04 PM

Hah, yes, that leg kick --- most everyone who's seen the video asks about it.  It's a situational move.  By this, I mean that Ryu will only perform the move under certain conditions:

1. You must have the Dragon Sword equipped.
  2. Your opponent has lost a leg.  It cannot be any other bodypart --- only the leg.
  3. You can't just press Triangle to perform an Obliteration Technique --- you have to tilt the Left Stick in the direction of your enemy and then press Triangle.
Message 4 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 4, 2009
I do the leg kick all the time .. Some people don't do it ? I thought it was common..
biggdeal
Message 5 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Oct 5, 2009
Thats pretty sweet. That OT when the enemy is missing a leg doesnt happen nearly as often to me since their arms come off most of the time...or their heads lol. Its too bad sigma 2 didnt have the option for gore though.
Message Edited by Solidmgsnake on 10-05-2009 02:54 PM
Message 6 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1339 posts

Oct 6, 2009
I learned something, besides my jaw can fall that far.  It really upped my game since i have seen this.
"Crap" Nathan Drake
Message 7 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7682 posts

Oct 6, 2009

Other than taking advantage of the new extended combo's to chain more freestyle, he is definatley not the best i've seen. But being a NGS2 noob myself, I can see why many would consider him to be godly. 

Alot of the old freestyle from the first games are somewhat uneffective because of enemy Ai revamps and overall flow of the game, I can see why it is important to learn all combo's like the back of your hand. 

Message 8 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

Oct 6, 2009

The_Kills123 wrote:

Other than taking advantage of the new extended combo's to chain more freestyle, he is definatley not the best i've seen. But being a NGS2 noob myself, I can see why many would consider him to be godly. 

Alot of the old freestyle from the first games are somewhat uneffective because of enemy Ai revamps and overall flow of the game, I can see why it is important to learn all combo's like the back of your hand. 

If you have footage, please show us a player that you think is better than BlackICE.  A lot of the Ninja Gaiden II players on the Xbox.com Forums who've beaten Ninja Gaiden II on Path of the Master Ninja and are legitimately ranked in the leaderboards of that game (not sure if you're aware, but there are a ton of glitchers on Ninja Gaiden II) are in agreement that BlackICE is the best they've seen. 

Also, it's not so much that BlackICE is a combo machine --- it's that he can apply those combos using a Dragon Sword without any upgrades in the heat of battle on the most difficult setting.  As you can see in the video, he barely even gets touched by the enemy (including the incendiary shuriken ninjas).  When I played through Path of the Mentor in Ninja Gaiden II, I was getting hit left and right :smileytongue:.

Message 9 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7682 posts

Oct 6, 2009

Yah, thats one thing I forgot to take notice of, the guy evades like a beast...

EDIT: I can't be annoyed (please excuse my laziness) but on Iberians repo I recall month's ago seeing some pretty ridiculous players, though with all the vids ive seen I wouldn't be surprised that I am confusing things. 

Message Edited by The_Kills123 on 10-05-2009 07:58 PM
Message 10 of 26 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes