Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Re: The Best Ninja Gaiden Player I've Ever Seen

Oct 6, 2009

The_Kills123 wrote:

Yah, thats one thing I forgot to take notice of, the guy evades like a beast...

EDIT: I can't be annoyed (please excuse my laziness) but on Iberians repo I recall month's ago seeing some pretty ridiculous players, though with all the vids ive seen I wouldn't be surprised that I am confusing things. 

Message Edited by The_Kills123 on 10-05-2009 07:58 PM

Yeah, I've learned a lot watching the vids on Iberians Realm.  One of the contributors to that site, Bigalski, is the son of Mkadt (gamertags, not real names :smileytongue:).  Mkadt is on my friend list on Xbox LIVE and he's given me lots of tips as well.  Mkadt is also the one who initially showed me that video of BlackICE.

We're in agreement that those guys are incredible.  The reason BlackICE gets my vote is because of how effortless he makes Path of the Master Ninja seem .

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Oct 6, 2009

mmmig wrote: 

Yeah, I've learned a lot watching the vids on Iberians Realm.  One of the contributors to that site, Bigalski, is the son of Mkadt (gamertags, not real names :smileytongue:).  Mkadt is on my friend list on Xbox LIVE and he's given me lots of tips as well.  Mkadt is also the one who initially showed me that video of BlackICE.

We're in agreement that those guys are incredible.  The reason BlackICE gets my vote is because of how effortless he makes Path of the Master Ninja seem .

Dunno about anyone else, he's pretty good, but he seems to me just spamming the same stuff over and over. Slash slash slash, throws X amount of Shurikens and slash some more, throw an another one, then kick and OT. Then next guy comes in he jumps on his head, does flying swallow and rinse and repeat. 

I didn't see him perform 1 Izuna drop in that particular video. idk why, but while he's pretty good, he hasn't WOWED me like he has for some people. Ah well, he's better than me so what do I know.

Check out my youtube channel, link on my bio or search for Jagr06 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Oct 6, 2009

StealthBlade98 wrote:

mmmig wrote: 

Dunno about anyone else, he's pretty good, but he seems to me just spamming the same stuff over and over. Slash slash slash, throws X amount of Shurikens and slash some more, throw an another one, then kick and OT. Then next guy comes in he jumps on his head, does flying swallow and rinse and repeat. 

I didn't see him perform 1 Izuna drop in that particular video. idk why, but while he's pretty good, he hasn't WOWED me like he has for some people. Ah well, he's better than me so what do I know.

You know why he didn't perform a single Izuna Drop?  Unlike Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 where the Izuna Drop is available to Ryu at the very beginning, you must upgrade the Dragon Sword to level 2 to have access to the move in Ninja Gaiden II.  As I mentioned earlier, BlackICE is on a "naked" run --- meaning, he's playing in Master Ninja Mode with no upgrades, no Ninpo, and no Essence.

As for the spamming, keep in mind once again that the default move set for a Dragon Sword with no upgrades is rather limited. If you ever play Ninja Gaiden II I'm sure you'll have an appreciation for how he handled that masterfully.  If you've played Ninja Gaiden II and you still don't see how good a player BlackICE is, I guess I don't know what to say :smileytongue:.  

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (556 Views)
Splicer
88 posts

Jun 4, 2010

Incendiary Shuriken ninjas in NG2 were retarded... there was nothing you could do when you had a room full of them just throwing them at you.

Or4nge_IS_Best
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
802 posts

Jun 12, 2010

i just played ninja gaiden 2 for couple of hours on my friend house ,all i wanna say that ninja gaiden 2 is way more difficult that ninja gaiden sigma2
and about blackice he is famous in china as ninja gaiden sereis legend.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Jun 27, 2010

Or4nge_IS_Best wrote:

Incendiary Shuriken ninjas in NG2 were retarded... there was nothing you could do when you had a room full of them just throwing them at you.

LOL, I agree. 

It's tough to even get an Izuna Drop off because they're relentless with the incendiary kunai spamming.  The moment you launch one ninja, you get tagged with a kunai and it stops you from completing the move.

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden II on Path of the Master Ninja right now and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Path of the Master Ninja feels like Path of the Warrior in comparison.  The difference is almost like night and day.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Jun 29, 2010

mmmig wrote:

Or4nge_IS_Best wrote:

LOL, I agree. 

It's tough to even get an Izuna Drop off because they're relentless with the incendiary kunai spamming.  The moment you launch one ninja, you get tagged with a kunai and it stops you from completing the move.

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden II on Path of the Master Ninja right now and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Path of the Master Ninja feels like Path of the Warrior in comparison.  The difference is almost like night and day.

OK, I've experienced something worse --- incendiary shuriken ninjas + archers

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jul 11, 2010

What is often overlooked is this guy has excellent timing on his moves. He almost always uses an i-frame move perfectly timed to get out of a Incendiary Shuriken attack. That is some serious skill (or hours trained)!

None the less he get's my respect.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Jul 29, 2010

i just watched his boss battle from the first boss and he did it in llike 25 seconds.... i want to see him fight genshin on the volcano.... that s--t was hard

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Jul 29, 2010

kendall7 wrote:

i just watched his boss battle from the first boss and he did it in llike 25 seconds.... i want to see him fight genshin on the volcano.... that s--t was hard

Genshin in Chapter 11 of Ninja Gaiden II is actually easy --- especially when you compare him to the hell that you have to go through before you even reach him (this is on Path of the Master Ninja difficulty). 

The earlier encounters against Genshin are a bit tougher because he is flanked by incendiary shuriken ninjas.  At the end of Chapter 11, Genshin is all by himself so just equip either the Kusari-gama, Lunar Staff, Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang, or Tonfa and he's good as done.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (554 Views)
0 Likes