I Only Post Everything
1394 posts

Re: Why can't the PS3 use all it's power?

Oct 22, 2009

StealthBlade98 wrote:

Why can't you guys just like both games for what they do rather what they do not. Blood and Gore wasn't the main purpose of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 but it was for ninja gaiden 2. Both games have differences and advantages over the other. Shouldn't you play both games and appreciate the style they went for it?

My consoles were all stolen, and Ninja Gaiden 2 was the only game I really played so when Sigma 2 came out I was pleased that I only needed to buy one console.  I guess that's why I'm so disappointed to lose my favorite features, I don't think Sigma 2 is even a better game.  I suppose it's just "different" and my preference was the original.  But objectively speaking I can say that I am 100% sure there are LESS enemies, and as poorly as it runs (only because I expected the PS3 to run SMOOTHER than the other console) -I suspect this lack of enemies a technical decision rather than a creative or "balanced" one.
That stair battle (for example) was all about the surprise of suddenly fighting countless enemies.  Sigma 2 owners would never even know the impact of that now that it's just a handful of enemies, and even then it's laggy.
But it's weird because Bayonetta is a port from the other console and every review says it runs worse on the PS3?! 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5388 posts

Oct 23, 2009

It's more a case of the devs. not the system. We all know what the ps3 is capable of. 

As for this screen tearing and lag. I haven't experienced.

Only beef I have with this game are load times and the camera. 

Message Edited by Ocelot562 on 10-23-2009 04:31 PM
Christina Lee photo Christinalee_zpsa4a832cb.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1394 posts

Oct 26, 2009

Ocelot562 wrote:

It's more a case of the devs. not the system. We all know what the ps3 is capable of. 

You have experienced it, you just didn't notice it.  It's not subjective it's a constant technical trait of the PS3.
Thanks to the guy who posted this:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ninjagaiden2-faceoff-article?page=1
It explains why there are LESS enemies in the Sigma version. We always think of the PS3 as the all powerful console that can do everything better... but after reading this I was surprised to find there are somethings that the other console does better.
 "Ninja Gaiden 2 revels in throwing seven or eight opponents at you at any given point (though it can go higher) while the PS3 game is more strictly limited to six or fewer in the same situations." 

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Oct 26, 2009

generalerror wrote:
We always think of the PS3 as the all powerful console that can do everything better... but after reading this I was surprised to find there are somethings that the other console does better.

Shhhhh!  That's blasphemy, don't you know?

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5388 posts

Oct 26, 2009

generalerror wrote:

Ocelot562 wrote:

You have experienced it, you just didn't notice it.  It's not subjective it's a constant technical trait of the PS3.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ninjagaiden2-faceoff-article?page=1
It explains why there are LESS enemies in the Sigma version. We always think of the PS3 as the all powerful console that can do everything better... but after reading this I was surprised to find there are somethings that the other console does better.
 "Ninja Gaiden 2 revels in throwing seven or eight opponents at you at any given point (though it can go higher) while the PS3 game is more strictly limited to six or fewer in the same situations." 

Right, screen tearing can go on without you noticing, but...it's nowhere near game breaking and you wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it. I could care less if it had a 1% 2% or .5% screen tear. If I can have fun and not notice, then it's irrelevant to why I bought the game. 
As for your link...I knew all of that before the game released so...no use trying to call me a fanboy or anything.
This game was remade from the ground up for the ps3, and as I said if there were any problems with the game it's the devs, because we have seen games that that can equal NGS2 and more on the ps3 with little to no problems, but give them credit for accomplishing what they did.  

Message Edited by Ocelot562 on 10-26-2009 01:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 27, 2009

Ocelot562 wrote:

generalerror wrote:

Ocelot562 wrote:

Right, screen tearing can go on without you noticing, but...it's nowhere near game breaking and you wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it. I could care less if it had a 1% 2% or .5% screen tear. If I can have fun and not notice, then it's irrelevant to why I bought the game. 
As for your link...I knew all of that before the game released so...no use trying to call me a fanboy or anything.
This game was remade from the ground up for the ps3, and as I said if there were any problems with the game it's the devs, because we have seen games that that can equal NGS2 and more on the ps3 with little to no problems, but give them credit for accomplishing what they did.  

Message Edited by Ocelot562 on 10-26-2009 01:19 PM

I disagree that it is the devs. It is Sony's responsibility to create a system that is developer friendly. 

What you are doing is blaming the carpenter for doing a shoddy job given a poor hammer and saw.Then again, I guess you can blame the developers if you intentionally do it!

Kaz Hirai, SCE boss himself stated:

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/hirai-were-the-official-industry-leader

Message Edited by leesiulung1940 on 10-26-2009 05:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5388 posts

Oct 27, 2009

It is the devs...No matter how hard it is to program for. As I have said; It's been proven that a game can be made without bugs and glitches. 

Your example is not the same. The hammer would be the computers/dev kit. The Devs have perfectly good computers/dev kits.  

It's more like the builders were given this much space to build a home and use it as they please. You(the builders) are ultimately the one who decides how that room is used.  

Or a better one would be, your are to decorate and home and it is up to you to use that space wisely... 

This is my stance. I'm not here to change anyone's minds. Whoever you want to blame is your problem.  

Message Edited by Ocelot562 on 10-27-2009 01:44 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (10 Views)
0 Likes