Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
5450 posts

Re: 24 Could Be Returning to FOX

May 11, 2013

a24fan wrote:

Cool.

I'm going to watch it all on Netflix first though.

That and Pretty Little Liars.

And Breaking Bad.

And... I forgot.

Try out Lost, really good show.

Message 11 of 19 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5450 posts

May 13, 2013

LATEST UPDATE

Jack Bauer is officially back: FOX has confirmed its plans to bring "24" back to its airwaves next year.

The show will return in the summer of 2014 as an event series called "24: Live Another Day." Kiefer Sutherlandhas signed on to play Jack Bauer again, with the story picking up several years after the last season, which aired in 2009. There's no word yet on any other casting.

"Live Another Day" will run for 12 weeks and keep its real-time format, but FOX Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly says it may skip hours here and there.

"As [executive producer Howard Gordon] would design the season, the spine of the 24 episodes was really about 12 hours. Those were where the big events occurred, and then there were little twists and connective tissue in between," Reilly told reporters on a conference call Monday (May 13). Each episode of "Live Another Day" will still unfold over the course of an hour, but viewers won't see as much of the in-between hours. "It may go 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m.," Reilly says, depending on how the story comes together.

Reilly says the return of "24" grew out of the network announcing it was making a push into limited-run series, and Gordon and the "24" team's frustration at trying to design a feature film based on the show.

"As they got into the feature film, I think they all agreed that '24' compressed into two hours is not '24,'" Reilly says. "Talking about it over the last couple of years, they kind of got their juices flowing again, and when we announced this new [miniseries] franchise, a little light bulb went off for Howard. He said, 'Wait a minute. Why are we killing ourselves trying to crack a feature when this is the perfect format?'"

"Live Another Day" will probably be paired with another scripted series in the summer of 2014 -- Reilly mentioned the drama "Gang Related" as one that might hold until then. Another limited series, the thriller "Wayward Pines," is currently set to launch in the late summer next year and carry into fall.

Message 12 of 19 (70 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

May 13, 2013

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 13 of 19 (67 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

May 13, 2013
FU******************************* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 14 of 19 (61 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

May 14, 2013

I liked the first few seasons of 24, but then it got a little old.

I did get a kick out of the spread of episodes, and the ability of the show to make people forget it is all within a 24 hour period.  Maybe not forget the time frame, but easily forget things that happened.

One season, the number I cannot remember (The one with Habib Marwan, the mummy guy), Jack had two ribs broken in the "Third Hour" of the show.  Skip ahead 3 episodes, 3 hours, and here is Jack leaping over a fence and running at high speed toward a suspect, then rolling on the ground with him.

Now I know Jack was as tuff as nails, but HE BROKE HIS RIBS THREE HOURS BEFORE THIS.  Tell me, outside of Superman, who would be able to jump, run, and roll on the ground with BROKEN RIBS!?  See, people forgot about that detail.  Unfortunately, with my annoying attention to detail, I remember things like that and call them out.

Again, I liked 24 for the first few seasons, but it got a little too fantastical for me and I gave up.  Great show.  A Mini Series would be good, but a full comeback would not last long, IMHO.

Moble 

Message 15 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5450 posts

May 14, 2013

This is Jack Bauer we're talking about, He IS superman. The show got repetitive however it was still very enjoyable, I liked all season but season 2-3-5 and 7 were easily the best in the series. Im confident that the latest 24 project will be success, since it's the same writer from the previous seasons and the writer for Homeland as well...which in fact is also another great show that i highly reccomend if you love 24.

Message 16 of 19 (50 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

May 14, 2013
moble that is season 4 :smileyhappy:

Only JB24 could be fully fit 3 hours after breaking both ribs, don't you know that ! :smileywink:

I am very excited about this coming back. I have watched the whole series on netflix multiple times, and am actually doing that again right now. I am on season 3 which is my favorite season by far.

24 is my fave show of all time, so this is definitely great news.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 17 of 19 (44 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

May 14, 2013

Yes, yes, JB is the ultimate Super Agent, I get it.  I did say the show was great too.  Just lost my interest is all.  I am happy for fans.:smileywink:

Moble

Message 18 of 19 (41 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

May 14, 2013
I've always heard good things about this show but I've never seen it
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 19 of 19 (27 Views)