Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014
Just walk away bob. Enjoy Montana.
Message 51 of 128 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14612 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014
This is a topic about what we think of 4/20. It has no meaning. It is an excuse to get high. That is my view. You are saying "so what? Leave them be." If the topic was "what should we do about 4/20," your response would be fine.

I think it is worthless and meaningless and created without any purpose. Christmas and Easter, while possibly not for you, has a purpose in their celebration. That is to celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth and what 2 billion people believe to be his resurrection. They are days to remember and also days to think about their meanings (hope, atonement, forgiveness). Those are the meanings and purpose around those holidays whether or not they pertain to you. 4/20 has no reason to exist

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 52 of 128 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37217 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
This is a topic about what we think of 4/20. It has no meaning. It is an excuse to get high. That is my view. You are saying "so what? Leave them be." If the topic was "what should we do about 4/20," your response would be fine.

I think it is worthless and meaningless and created without any purpose. Christmas and Easter, while possibly not for you, has a purpose in their celebration. That is to celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth and what 2 billion people believe to be his resurrection. They are days to remember and also days to think about their meanings (hope, atonement, forgiveness). Those are the meanings and purpose around those holidays whether or not they pertain to you. 4/20 has no reason to exist

people like it so much that they created a day for it

also its always 4:20 somewhere


Message 53 of 128 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14612 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014
No it isn't... Time zones are by the hour.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 54 of 128 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37217 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

so bob maul did you answered your own question

some people celebrate christmas to others it means nothing

there is teddy bear day and lazy peoples day and mothers day too

also i dont think 420 is an official holiday


Message 55 of 128 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4904 posts
 

Re: 4/20

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
This is a topic about what we think of 4/20. It has no meaning. It is an excuse to get high. That is my view. You are saying "so what? Leave them be." If the topic was "what should we do about 4/20," your response would be fine.

I think it is worthless and meaningless and created without any purpose. Christmas and Easter, while possibly not for you, has a purpose in their celebration. That is to celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth and what 2 billion people believe to be his resurrection. They are days to remember and also days to think about their meanings (hope, atonement, forgiveness). Those are the meanings and purpose around those holidays whether or not they pertain to you. 4/20 has no reason to exist

I've noticed that many times you look at things from a very one dimensional point of view and you sometimes don't hold your own beliefs to the same scrutiny that you hold everyone else's to. You look at things from a very black and white perspective. When 4/20 means nothing to you, it's because "it's a pointless excuse to get high." But when your holiday's mean nothing to me, your holidays are the exception because "it's to celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth and what 2 billion people believe to be his resurrection. They are days to remember and also days to think about their meanings (hope, atonement, forgiveness)." I (personally) don't celebrate any holiday's, because I celebrate things when I feel like it needs to be done. But if someone else finds real meaning from 4/20 (or any holiday for that matter) and you scoff at it and mock it, then I don't want to hear you complain when people scoff at and mock your religious holidays.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 56 of 128 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14612 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014
That is not the point, Hitman. Christmas is important to people for the main reason that it is a memorial for the birth of the "Prince of Peace" and the Son of Man who was to bring hope and redemption. It has meaning. 4/20 is less of a holiday than the Super Bowl in that there is a reason to get together on that Sunday.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 57 of 128 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2014
Offline
442 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

my dad smoked too much weed lol im thinking i have brain damage since birth

weed is stupid anyways lol meth is where its at

lost pink binky
if found please return to afrobebe
Message 58 of 128 (64 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37217 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

bob-maul wrote:
That is not the point, Hitman. Christmas is important to people for the main reason that it is a memorial for the birth of the "Prince of Peace" and the Son of Man who was to bring hope and redemption. It has meaning. 4/20 is less of a holiday than the Super Bowl in that there is a reason to get together on that Sunday.

420 isnt even an official holiday like christmas

to some people its special to smoke weed since its illegal and can get in trouble for it

so its special to some people to smoke weed


Message 59 of 128 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: 4/20

Apr 17, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:
That is not the point, Hitman. Christmas is important to people for the main reason that it is a memorial for the birth of the "Prince of Peace" and the Son of Man who was to bring hope and redemption. It has meaning. 4/20 is less of a holiday than the Super Bowl in that there is a reason to get together on that Sunday.

420 isnt even an official holiday like christmas

to some people its special to smoke weed since its illegal and can get in trouble for it

so its special to some people to smoke weed


You're literally describing the mentality of a middle-schooler.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 60 of 128 (58 Views)