Platinum
55022 posts

Re: 9yo Girl Kills Instuctor WIth Uzi

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

tollett wrote:

Article with video

Apparently a shooting instructor was giving a little girl shooting lessons with a fully loaded and fully automatic Uzi.  When he told her to "Give me full auto" she followed his instructions a little too well. 

I believe all kids should be taught proper firearm handling, but there's a right way to do it.  I started my kids with 22 rifle. 

This was the instructors fault in my opinion.  You do not give a young child who does not have full control of a weapon free reign like that, never mind an Uzi on full auto!   Its sad that the instructor died but I hope this makes other people use common sense when training inexperienced and/or young people in the use of firearms.

EDIT:  I have seen the comments about children shooting.  I have no problem with this but I began shooting firearms at a very young age, much younger than this girl.  I've never accidentally shot anyone in my over 30 years handling firearms.   It is all about knowing the child's abilities, limits, and level of responsibility.   If you can't discern those 3 things then I do not suggest you train your child on firearm use, if you can then go for it!   

See this is the proper way for your 9 year old daughter to be shooting

Message 31 of 191 (164 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36949 posts

Aug 27, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

tollett wrote:

Article with video

Apparently a shooting instructor was giving a little girl shooting lessons with a fully loaded and fully automatic Uzi.  When he told her to "Give me full auto" she followed his instructions a little too well. 

I believe all kids should be taught proper firearm handling, but there's a right way to do it.  I started my kids with 22 rifle. 

This was the instructors fault in my opinion.  You do not give a young child who does not have full control of a weapon free reign like that, never mind an Uzi on full auto!   Its sad that the instructor died but I hope this makes other people use common sense when training inexperienced and/or young people in the use of firearms.

hopefully they change the law in the usa to make it illegal for kids to hold a firearm

and punish any parent of a kid who does

if i was in a room and i knew a kid had a gun in his hand i would get out of there as fast as possible

i dont care whos kid it is i would not trust being in a room with a kid with a gun

theres cases of kids killing other kids accidently because they are kids

Message 32 of 191 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19018 posts

Aug 27, 2014

I see only one mistake here, and it is a safety rule that the rangemaster himself broke. When someone is firing a gun, they should be standing behind the gun handler, and not beside the person. This is the one mistake that led to this accident.

Nothing else should be done about this, except for better awareness of safety rules from the range owners to the gun handlers and to themselves.

New gun laws will not prevent this from happening. Those who support gun laws don't seem to understand what "Shall not be infringed upon" means.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 33 of 191 (157 Views)
VP of Gaming
36949 posts

Aug 27, 2014

guns are made for 1 thing and 1 thing only

killing

teaching a kid how to use a killing machine means you want your kid to be a killer

Message 34 of 191 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19018 posts

Aug 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

killing

teaching a kid how to use a killing machine means you want your kid to be a killer

Wrong.

The parents have to teach their kid the reposibilities of owning a gun if they want their kid to be seen as a responsible gun handler. But calling a kid a killer just because he/she owns a gun is negative stereotyping.

This is what the second amendment protects too.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 35 of 191 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55022 posts

Aug 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

tollett wrote:

Article with video

EDIT:  I have seen the comments about children shooting.  I have no problem with this but I began shooting firearms at a very young age, much younger than this girl.  I've never accidentally shot anyone in my over 30 years handling firearms.   It is all about knowing the child's abilities, limits, and level of responsibility.   If you can't discern those 3 things then I do not suggest you train your child on firearm use, if you can then go for it!   

See this is the proper way for your 9 year old daughter to be shooting

hopefully they change the law in the usa to make it illegal for kids to hold a firearm

and punish any parent of a kid who does

if i was in a room and i knew a kid had a gun in his hand i would get out of there as fast as possible

i dont care whos kid it is i would not trust being in a room with a kid with a gun

theres cases of kids killing other kids accidently because they are kids

I would not support this type of legislation and would actually actively lobby against it with my political representatives.  I added some more to my post while you were responding and edited it in here, sorry about that.   

Kids killing kids accidentally happens because their parents, the gun owner, are not responsible with their firearms storage.  I don't think the responsible people should be punished because of those irresponsible ones.

Message 36 of 191 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8030 posts

Aug 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

killing

Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 37 of 191 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1938 posts

Aug 27, 2014

EminentFury wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

killing

If you read enough of his comments your face will look like that permanently.

Message 38 of 191 (122 Views)
VP of Gaming
36949 posts

Aug 27, 2014

hwhunt13 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

killing

Wrong.

The parents have to teach their kid the reposibilities of owning a gun if they want their kid to be seen as a responsible gun handler. But calling a kid a killer just because he/she owns a gun is negative stereotyping.

This is what the second amendment protects too.

if a parent wants their kid to be a responsible gun handler they should wait till the kid is 18 and send him to the army and let him learn there

having a kid know how to handle a gun is dangerous because kids are un predictable

just like if a parent wants their kid to be a good driver they wait till they get their pemit

i dont see 9 year olds behind the wheel on the streets

Message 39 of 191 (117 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36949 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Blockhead_Brown wrote:

EminentFury wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

killing

If you read enough of his comments your face will look like that permanently.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

thats hilarious

Message 40 of 191 (113 Views)