May 08 2014
By: semajmarc87 PlayStation MVP 3744 posts

Abortion

[ Edited ]
161 replies 331 views Edited May 8, 2014

Note: Please read my entire post before commenting on it.

Are you pro-life or pro-choice? This is a topic that I've changed my view on several times. The problem here is that the abortion debate doesn't have a perfect solution. The way I see it, we're stuck with a couple imperfect solutions. Below I've listed some of the different viewpoints and considerations to keep in mind in this debate. I urge people to go on YouTube and watch a video of an abortion procedure to make sure everyone in this debate understands the gravity of what we're talking about here. I won't post a link here because it is very graphic.

Here's the first option. As most of you probably know, I am strongly against the government interefering in people's personal lives, but I also do not support murder. I've watched videos of abortion procedures before. It feels pretty close to murder for me when I watch a baby still alive and moving and they just throw it in the trash like garbage. I fully support the government's right to take action against murderers. Is this murder?

On the other hand, women should have the right to do what they want with their own bodies, and the government should certainly have no say. In the United States, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are rights we all have. Do these rights (especially life) also apply to children in the womb?

What about if abortion is only legal for women who are raped? Women make falso accusations sometimes, Maybe abortion could be legal for women who claim they've been raped and they have to provide a police report of the incident before they can have the procedure done. If the accusation proves to be false afterwards, should the woman be tried for murder?

One of the easier ones to see (from my view) is women being allowed to have abortions if the doctor believes that the mother may die during child birth. That seems like an entirely acceptable reason that I don't think most people would be opposed to.

I just named most of the positions people can take in this debate. What are your thoughts? I know this might be a tall order, but let's try to keep the responses civil in this debate.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,500+ followers | 150+ subscribers
Message 1 of 162 (331 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Re: Abortion

May 8, 2014

Yes I am for Abortion

KZMProductionsGT
Message 2 of 162 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 8, 2014

I would never consider it for myself, and with my age and sexual orientation ( which I will not mention here, because it is a private matterSmiley Wink) I never have to worry about it.

I want to say, I am pro-life but  I do accept that there are exceptions to every rule. Mainly it lies with the person in the position where this becomes their own reality. I do not want to judge those who do it, it is not my place to. I hope the one getting it done  is able to look at all the choices and makes the right decision for them and is not forced into making one they can't live with.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 3 of 162 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5765 posts

May 8, 2014

ralahinn1 wrote:
I do not want to judge those who do it, it is not my place to. I hope the one getting it done  is able to look at all the choices and makes the right decision for them and is not forced into making one they can't live with.

I think this is a very good answer Smiley Wink

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 162 (309 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3744 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2014

ralahinn1 wrote:

I do not want to judge those who do it, it is not my place to. I hope the one getting it done  is able to look at all the choices and makes the right decision for them and is not forced into making one they can't live with.

My human instincts tell me that a living baby that's moving it's arms and legs around being thrown in the trash is murder. I believe that murderers need to be judged. This whole topic is a grey area so I'm not trying to cause a fight. I'm just trying to make sense of this all.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
Message 5 of 162 (304 Views)
MVP Support
10123 posts

May 8, 2014
I'm in-between being for and against abortion.

Message 6 of 162 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 8, 2014

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Yes I am for Abortion

expected.gif

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 162 (290 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5414 posts

May 8, 2014

I don't really think it's right for any of us to have formed an opinion on abortion unless we've been in the situation ourselves.

There could be multiple reasons why someone would choose to have an abortion and it's not our place to say whether or not they should. Take for example, teen pregnancy, the outcome of a rape or a drunken mistake.

You have to be ready and want to become a parent, if it's not the right time then it's not the right time and believe me when I say this; making the choice to have an abortion is a very serious one and it is something that the woman has to live with for the rest of her life.

I'm not for nor against the idea but for people to try and say that it's wrong and it shouldn't be allowed is disgusting. Children should not be having children and if it wasn't allowed then that's what we would see, even more so than we already are.

Kids are becoming sexually active at a very young age these days, if abortion was illegal then people would still do it and would end up going to some back alley 'surgeon' to get it done. I know I would far rather they got it done safely than risk their lives getting the procedure done illegally.

I'm getting so horked up.

Legendary_Vicki's Sig

Message 8 of 162 (277 Views)
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

May 8, 2014
Honestly it's almost impossible for us to have a REAL opinion on this subject unless you've either experienced or had a family member who has gone through the situation. If the mother was raped, no matter what, she could still have the haunting memory of where her child came to be. I think if the doctors believe it is absolutely necessary, then it should be. IMO the motherdeserves the choice because it affects her life more than anyone else.
 photo ezgif-4130681814_zpsof7iappt.gif
Message 9 of 162 (265 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3744 posts

May 8, 2014

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

I don't really think it's right for any of us to have formed an opinion on abortion unless we've been in the situation ourselves.

There could be multiple reasons why someone would choose to have an abortion and it's not our place to say whether or not they should. Take for example, teen pregnancy, the outcome of a rape or a drunken mistake.

You have to be ready and want to become a parent, if it's not the right time then it's not the right time and believe me when I say this; making the choice to have an abortion is a very serious one and it is something that the woman has to live with for the rest of her life.

I'm not for nor against the idea but for people to try and say that it's wrong and it shouldn't be allowed is disgusting. Children should not be having children and if it wasn't allowed then that's what we would see, even more so than we already are.

Kids are becoming sexually active at a very young age these days, if abortion was illegal then people would still do it and would end up going to some back alley 'surgeon' to get it done. I know I would far rather they got it done safely than risk their lives getting the procedure done illegally.

It's "disgusting" to not support  killing unborn children? You use "a drunken mistake" as an example of a "good" reason for an abortion. So somebody makes a "drunken mistake," and another human being should be killed for it? "Not being ready" is a reason to kill another human being? It's so trendy for people to say "it's not our place" or "we shouldn't judge." Either you support murder or not. If you killed someone and you were in court being tried for murder and the judge asked you why you did it, would "I was drunk" be an acceptable answer? Would "I wasn't ready" be an acceptable answer? Would "I'm a teen so..." be an acceptable answer?

Message 10 of 162 (262 Views)