May 14 2013
By: Secret_Westy First Son 6 posts

About my games.

6 replies 143 views Edited May 14, 2013

So, my playstation stopped reading discs and I came to the conclusion that my laser needs to be replaced. I then baught 1 game from the playstation store to play it and it worked (of course) I was just wondering if I need to rebuy the games or if I can just call in and tell playstation my codes to my games and they can give them to me on the store for free. Thanks, Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
228 posts

Re: About my games.

May 14, 2013
But then you'll have a working game CD that you could resell AND the game on your PS3 Hard Drive.

I don't think Sony would do that lol. You're better off waiting for PS4 and buying a PS3 when the price goes down. Or fixing your lazer.

Frankenstein

Message 2 of 7 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

Not sure what you mean...alot, and by alot I mean most, disc based tites do not exist in DIGITAL form.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 14, 2013

Secret_Westy wrote:

So, my playstation stopped reading discs and I came to the conclusion that my laser needs to be replaced. I then baught 1 game from the playstation store to play it and it worked (of course) I was just wondering if I need to rebuy the games or if I can just call in and tell playstation my codes to my games and they can give them to me on the store for free. Thanks, Smiley Happy

No, they will not give you digital copies for free, of your disc based games.

Instead of spending money on digital versions of games you already own, you should send it in to Sony for service.

Even if your warranty is expired they can still repair/replace your PS3 for a fee (depending on the model.)

Go here if you wish to do this.

Otherwise, your only other options are B) Buy a new PS3. or C) Try and repair it yourself, if you have the time and money.

There are "how to" guides on the net.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

May 14, 2013
Repair it it might be cheaper then buying a new one I'm just saying
Message 5 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
7089 posts

May 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Not sure what you mean...alot, and by alot I mean most, disc based tites do not exist in physical form.

jackie chan

I think you mean "digital form" Smiley Wink.

Message 6 of 7 (86 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 14, 2013

haHA...yea, you got me...total brain fart. I deserved that meme.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 7 (63 Views)