Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 19 2014
By: Tru_Drew18 Splicer 69 posts

Alernative drawing tablet?

3 replies 82 views Edited Mar 19, 2014

I need some help with finding a Cintiq alternative-cheap, but still has the features and quallity of the Cintiq. I don't have a thousand dollars to spend at the moment, or anytime soon for that matter, and since I'm new to any type of graphic/art design I would appreciate some suggestions.

I was originally looking at the Wacom Intuos line, but I've read a lot of reviews saying that the nibs wear down extremely fast since they changed the plastic screens to matte and I don't have money to spend to constantally replace the nibs. I found a couple of alternatives, but haven't done a ton of research on them though. So any help would be appreciated.

Bosto Kingtee 19MB: I was going for this until I found that they disscontinued it and sold their company, and eversince their products have gotten horrid reviews.

Yiynova MSP19U: I honestally don't really know much about this one. But I would prefer no to buy something from oversees.

I don't know anything about these: Toshiba Tecra M4 or M6, Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112, XPC-1910A 19" LCD Monitor

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7294 posts

Re: Alernative drawing tablet?

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

I use the Wacom Bamboo tablet. It works brilliantly.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
609 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2014

The only tablet that is cintiq like that I've seen come close is the Monoprice tablet. I ended up buying it after I bought my Wacom 13HD cintiq for work, it's actually a pretty impressive runner up. If you're trying to save money and still want the wacom brand, get the 13HD, they are 999.99, if you want to save more money and get decent specs and willing to sacrafice some quality get the monoprice tablet. 

I've used both for professional work, both deliver about the same results. If you want an on the go sketcher the note 3 or note 10 both use wacom tech, the stylus is a joy to use, couple with a programs like artflow and sketchbook pro, it's pretty good.

Nibs are cheap, and all wacoms come with like 20 of them, takes me a month to run mine down and I draw daily, it's somehing you'll have to deal with. You can buy a pack of nibs for like 15USD. 

If 400 for the monoprice and 1000 is too much I'd just get an older intuos, the 4's and 3's run about 200.00 new and used now on most sites.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Apr 10, 2014
Thanks, I looked up the Monoprice and it looks pretty good, especially the price, but I think I might just wait and save up to get the Wacom. I'm a very patient person. I really appreciate the response, unlike other people who just say, "Go with Wacom. Go with Wacom." I don't like people like that.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (32 Views)
0 Likes