Highlighted
Apr 07 2013
By: MaxRufus First Son 5 posts

Am i the only kid whos allowed to play M?

65 replies 209 views Edited Apr 7, 2013
Im 12 and i played my first Grand Theft Auto when i was 9. I started buying games and consoles and i consider myself a gamer.(that sounded stupid). But anyway, my mom has always let me play M rated games. She even ENCOURAGES me to play it instead of doing it in real life. But when i talk to my friends about Duke Nukem or GTA, their like "Oh youre so lucky. My mom would never let me play those games!" So am i alone on this? Does anyone who is a kid have an easy going mom like this?
Message 1 of 66 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20174 posts

Re: Am i the only kid whos allowed to play M?

Apr 7, 2013
I played an M rated game when I was very young too. Just like you, my parents really didn't mind so long as I didn't try to emulate what I saw in real life.

There are many, many, MANY young kids whose parents allow them to play M-rated games, the biggest case being Call of Duty. You can only imagine how many people, both adults and children, own and play this game because of how popular it is. There are many cases of parents buying their children games like this when they really shouldn't.

Not too long ago, I remember seeing a thread where a parent bought Far Cry 3 for their 9 (age correction needed please) year old child. I was a little shocked, given I've played and beaten that game, but I'm not going to tell someone what they can and can't let their child play.
Message 2 of 66 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 7, 2013
@Da_Almighty_Guy
Amen
Message 3 of 66 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Apr 7, 2013

My first M rated game was Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. when I was 13. My parents just don't really care lol.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 4 of 66 (196 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
I played an M rated game when I was very young too. Just like you, my parents really didn't mind so long as I didn't try to emulate what I saw in real life.

There are many, many, MANY young kids whose parents allow them to play M-rated games, the biggest case being Call of Duty. You can only imagine how many people, both adults and children, own and play this game because of how popular it is. There are many cases of parents buying their children games like this when they really shouldn't.

Not too long ago, I remember seeing a thread where a parent bought Far Cry 3 for their 9 (age correction needed please) year old child. I was a little shocked, given I've played and beaten that game, but I'm not going to tell someone what they can and can't let their child play.

psh, i was stealing cars and killing hookers by 10.

Message 5 of 66 (187 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Lol me 2
Message 6 of 66 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I wish you were I met a lot kids online at shooters. 1 of them was just 3. Some of them also had mics. Which is just stupid tbh, anyone can tell them anything.

Recently I saw a dad comment on a Smosh video that he hated them for making his 6 years old daughter cry. Now who the (...) lets a 6 alone on Youtube. She could watch mature things, then there are screamers that are likely to give kids nightmares for days.

Some people don't understand that people on the internet are not always nice to kids.

This isn't pointed at you, more at children below 10.
Message 7 of 66 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20174 posts

Apr 7, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

psh, i was stealing cars and killing hookers by 10.

This kid must have been playing too much Grand Theft Auto, then. He's been on the wild side of life since he was 7. Smiley Very Happy

*Notes to self: don't actually do this*

Message 8 of 66 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8912 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I think I wouldn't been allowed to, but parents don't have to know everything. Smiley Wink

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 9 of 66 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013
As long as you're not a full **bleep** you will not kill students in school because of violent video games. I also played games like GTA San Andreas and RE4 when i was young, but i knew what was right and wrong even though my parents didn't gaf about these games.
Message 10 of 66 (153 Views)
0 Likes