Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Re: Am i the only kid whos allowed to play M?

Apr 7, 2013
**bleep** am I not the youngest anymore? Smiley Mad

Anywho, I am not allowed to, but I still do at friend's houses. I do think that kids shouldn't play "M" games, as most of them sound stupid with their pre puberty voices and their below average spelling skills, and don't get me started on the maturity of kids.
energy
Message 11 of 66 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I played myfirst M game when I was only 7.  My dad could care less on what I played but it was my mom who was strict about it. Needless to say when I turned 10 I got them taken away, but I got them back when I reached High School again.  There are many young kids who still play all M game's lately, shooter games being the majoritiy of it

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 12 of 66 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I've played M rated games as a kid but wasn't allowed to buy them until I was 16. Now I have my own job and money so I can buy whatever.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 13 of 66 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Like my mother said "Who cares if he plays it, its not like he isn't going to grow up and learn it anyway". If anything, M games prepare you for the real world, and what it really is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 14 of 66 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 8, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Like my mother said "Who cares if he plays it, its not like he isn't going to grow up and learn it anyway". If anything, M games prepare you for the real world, and what it really is.

Yup. Slicing hookers up with a katana in broad daylight, and headshotting zombies.

So preparing.

Message 15 of 66 (90 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

MaxRufus wrote:
Im 12 and i played my first Grand Theft Auto when i was 9. I started buying games and consoles and i consider myself a gamer.(that sounded stupid). But anyway, my mom has always let me play M rated games. She even ENCOURAGES me to play it instead of doing it in real life. But when i talk to my friends about Duke Nukem or GTA, their like "Oh youre so lucky. My mom would never let me play those games!" So am i alone on this? Does anyone who is a kid have an easy going mom like this?

The first "M" rated game I owned was "Mortal Kombat" for Genesis, when I was 10. And before it got the console release, my Mom would let me and my older brother play the arcade at her work. (They had it in a Deli she worked at.)

My brother and I played "violent" video games before they had ratings for them. (if you even really want to call those games "violent.")

She knew they were just video games and made sure we understood that was all they were as well. Before she bought/rented us a game, she would always look over the box, too.

So, yes, my Mom was pretty cool with video games.

Although, the "M" rated games now look a lot more realistic than the ones in the 90's.

If we had the games today, at 12, my Mom probably wouldn't have let us play them.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 16 of 66 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7134 posts

Apr 8, 2013

MaxRufus wrote:
Im 12 and i played my first Grand Theft Auto when i was 9. I started buying games and consoles and i consider myself a gamer.(that sounded stupid). But anyway, my mom has always let me play M rated games. She even ENCOURAGES me to play it instead of doing it in real life. But when i talk to my friends about Duke Nukem or GTA, their like "Oh youre so lucky. My mom would never let me play those games!" So am i alone on this? Does anyone who is a kid have an easy going mom like this?

no your  not i see alot kids  playing  cod games.. I  saw to kids playing socom confrontation as well..  even though tthey  toned it down for  kids to play it,   alot of them though it to hard..  But your   alright.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 17 of 66 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41884 posts

Apr 8, 2013

johngie wrote:

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Yup. Slicing hookers up with a katana in broad daylight, and headshotting zombies.

So preparing.

Indeed, only yesterday I shot 3 hookers, robbed a jewelry store & stole 2 cars!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 18 of 66 (70 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Yeah, prepare, I forgot I have to be precise with you people for you to understand anything. I don't mean prepare for YOUR future, I meant to prepare to see what the world is really like. Were going to hear cuss words, were going to see hookers, were going to see gang bangs, and drive by's, and bank robberies, so how is a game going to change any of that? That's what I meant, in case you guys didn't understand the first time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 19 of 66 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 8, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Yeah, prepare, I forgot I have to be precise with you people for you to understand anything. I don't mean prepare for YOUR future, I meant to prepare to see what the world is really like. Were going to hear cuss words, were going to see hookers, were going to see gang bangs, and drive by's, and bank robberies, so how is a game going to change any of that? That's what I meant, in case you guys didn't understand the first time.

Nope. Gotcha the first time 'round. Most people play videogames BECAUSE they're not like the real world. And do you even for a second think that gunning down a crowd of people in GTA or whatver game prepared ANYONE for events like the Newton or Aurora shootings? Absolutely not.

Message 20 of 66 (61 Views)
0 Likes