Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8621 posts

Re: Amazon is great

Feb 6, 2013

I've used Amazon a lot to buy things i want.  Video games not so much as i like to be able to get them the day they release (without having to pay for one day ship or so on).

I buy a lot of Blu-rays off of Amazon.  They usually have good movie deals.  I try to wait when i see movies around the $15 price point (or lower).

Message 11 of 24 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2798 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I've bought lots of items from Amazon over the years, mostly video games when they had $0.99 release date shipping. I haven't too many games from them over the past few months. Their free super saver shipping seems to be pretty fast depending on where the item(s) are shipped from. They definitely have better prices on older games that can sometimes be hard to find. The customer service is also very good, the representatives have always been very helpful whenever I have questions.

Message 12 of 24 (84 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30320 posts

Feb 6, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

I've used Amazon a lot to buy things i want.  Video games not so much as i like to be able to get them the day they release (without having to pay for one day ship or so on).

I buy a lot of Blu-rays off of Amazon.  They usually have good movie deals.  I try to wait when i see movies around the $15 price point (or lower).

Amazon Prime negates that issue for me :smileytongue:.

Message 13 of 24 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Feb 6, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

Just bought Dynasty Warriors Next for PS Vita Saturday, and it's coming on Thursday!

I should buy more stuff from them. I wanted a Ecko dog tag but it costs 100 bucks and that's too expensive.

Anyone else buy from Amazon? I can't believe how fast they ship!

Amazon is my favorite online retailer also!

Message 14 of 24 (75 Views)
MVP Support
4691 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I haven't had good experiences buying new video games from Amazon.  Twice I've preordered games for day 1 shipping, but didn't receive it until weeks later.  But normally I do have a good experience with Amazon and get my orders in less than a week.  I've ordered games before and since these bad experiences, but I don't count on them anymore when I want something day 1 (which isn't often anyway).

Message 15 of 24 (73 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Feb 12, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

I haven't had good experiences buying new video games from Amazon.  Twice I've preordered games for day 1 shipping, but didn't receive it until weeks later.  But normally I do have a good experience with Amazon and get my orders in less than a week.  I've ordered games before and since these bad experiences, but I don't count on them anymore when I want something day 1 (which isn't often anyway).

the only time i had that problem was when I clicked "free super saver shipping"

Message 16 of 24 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Yes, they are good. I bought something from them last year about this time. It had to be shipped to Hawaii.  It arrived on time and worked out great.

Message 17 of 24 (57 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30320 posts

Feb 12, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

That's odd, at least in my eyes, we're Prime Members, or at least my wife is, we've never had a single issue with Amazon delivering day one releases.

I assume you complained & at least got your shipping refunded?

BRIT-KO

Message 18 of 24 (53 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2332 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I love amazon too, they are the only online retailer I actually trust. All my packages have arrived on time and I have saved a lot of money.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 19 of 24 (48 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

Feb 12, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

Just bought Dynasty Warriors Next for PS Vita Saturday, and it's coming on Thursday!

I should buy more stuff from them. I wanted a Ecko dog tag but it costs 100 bucks and that's too expensive.

Anyone else buy from Amazon? I can't believe how fast they ship!

Yes, amazon is great. They have become so good that standard shipping has become better than paying for 2-day shipping :smileyhappy:

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 20 of 24 (44 Views)
0 Likes