10527 posts

Re: Americans, Your Favorite President?

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Ah, the illusion of choice.

Oh we have a choice; crappier vs. crappier.

The problem is that not enough of us vote. Only something like 30% to maybe 40% during a presidential election vote, and the rest of us have become so cynical they've given up on the process. They have this thinking of "I'm going to send a message about how disastifed I am, by  not voting, and then they'll have nobody to vote for them and the bad guys will be out of office". Really? That's your message you moron, because here's what really happens; the guys who want to stay in office mobilize their base and STAY in office. In in the United States of America is a course of action "inaction". This has what's led us to Citizens United where "money = speech" and "corporations are people".

Haha, well I vote, but it just doesn't seem to matter.

Our votes aren't suppose to matter. Back then, they did. But not anymore. :smileysad:

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 80 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Dec 2, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

Oh I was joking about selecting Jr. :smileyvery-happy:

I was joking about Wilson, my brother despises him XD

you dirty SOB lol, I didn't see this before I made my other post :smileytongue:    

what were you going to say? lol

Wilson = BAD BAD BAD :smileytongue:

That is my paraphrase anyway

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 80 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Dec 2, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

ROFL @ no one saying Carter, he has to have been the worst President ever, but Obama is a **bleep** close second right now.

As for my favorite(s), in no particular order, GW, GHW & Clinton (but please God don't let his wife get in in 2016)

BRIT-KO

If ANY video game lover votes for Hillary they should not be allowed to game on the internet ever again! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 80 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
399 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Abraham Lincoln
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon B. Johnson
Bill Clinton
Barack Obama
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 80 (74 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18101 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Franklin Roosevelt

You can't help but think of how much this guy did with such a glaring problem behind the scenes the entire time. This guy helped pulled the US out of a severe depression and led the country through the majority of World War II. All the while, he had polio and was hiding it from every single American in the country. He'd hide his disability and give America confidence that it would succeed in the tough times he was president in.

He died in office, but FDR was the president many Americans would undoubtedly vote in many many times because of how great he was.

There are several other great presidents, like Lincoln, but FDR takes the grand prize for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 80 (73 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8110 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Abraham Lincoln, since he helped to end slavery.
FDR, since he helped to start the social security program.
Teddy Roosevelt, since he helped to put corporations in their place (breaking monopolies).
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 80 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24180 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

The problem is that not enough of us vote. Only something like 30% to maybe 40% during a presidential election vote, and the rest of us have become so cynical they've given up on the process. They have this thinking of "I'm going to send a message about how disastifed I am, by  not voting, and then they'll have nobody to vote for them and the bad guys will be out of office". Really? That's your message you moron, because here's what really happens; the guys who want to stay in office mobilize their base and STAY in office. In in the United States of America is a course of action "inaction". This has what's led us to Citizens United where "money = speech" and "corporations are people".

Our votes aren't suppose to matter. Back then, they did. But not anymore. :smileysad:

Your votes DO matter, and this is why the nut cases from the Tea Party have been able to get enough of their guys into office, and adopt "crazy" as a political platform. This is why we don't have good gun policies in this country, and why we are the only major industrialized nation without a comprehensive health care system. And this is why there are states that are redistricting and changing the voting laws. Because they know not enough of us vote, and if the moderate majority actually do get off their backsides and get out and vote, our elected officials would have to actually do something to STAY in office. In Australia it's actually the law, you have to vote otherwise it's a $100 fine, and they have close to 100% turn outs. Do we have to go that far to make people care?

Sorry to get all fire and brimstone on you guys, but this subject frustrates me to no end. I would have more respect for people if they went into their polling place, and wrote in "None of the above", than if they didn't vote at all. At least that tells me you care enough to vote, but you have no confidence in the candidate(s) that are running.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 80 (67 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11694 posts

Dec 2, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Your votes DO matter, and this is why the nut cases from the Tea Party have been able to get enough of their guys into office, and adopt "crazy" as a political platform. This is why we don't have good gun policies in this country, and why we are the only major industrialized nation without a comprehensive health care system. And this is why there are states that are redistricting and changing the voting laws. Because they know not enough of us vote, and if the moderate majority actually do get off their backsides and get out and vote, our elected officials would have to actually do something to STAY in office. In Australia it's actually the law, you have to vote otherwise it's a $100 fine, and they have close to 100% turn outs. Do we have to go that far to make people care?

Sorry to get all fire and brimstone on you guys, but this subject frustrates me to no end. I would have more respect for people if they went into their polling place, and wrote in "None of the above", than if they didn't vote at all. At least that tells me you care enough to vote, but you have no confidence in the candidate(s) that are running.

Even if our votes matter, people are just too ignorant.

Just look at Congress. Their approval rating is less than 10%, and yet year after year, they get re-elected, from name recognition alone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 80 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24180 posts

Dec 2, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote

Even if our votes matter, people are just too ignorant.

Just look at Congress. Their approval rating is less than 10%, and yet year after year, they get re-elected, from name recognition alone.

That's because we're ALLOWING the ignorant to be the people who set policy. And how do we do that? By telling ourselves "our votes don't matter". Well they matter to the candidates to mobilize their base and get elected. When the populace grows apathetic, that's when corruption seeps into the fabric of democracy. Like I said before, "inaction" is not a viable course of action. Seriously, do you want people like Sarah Palin representing you? Because that's what you're going to get, and I'm sorry but if you honestly believe your votes don't matter, that's exactly what you deserve.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 80 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Dec 2, 2013

:heart:Clinton due to his secretary

Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Anaheim Ducks
Juventus Football Club