Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Re: Anonymous takes responsibility for Xbox Live attacks, another group surfaces

Apr 14, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Horror, the way I look at it, Anonymous is just that, an Anonymous source. So anyone could hack something and call themselves Anonymous(until their found out at some point).

That's pretty much what I was saying.

"Anonymous" never started as a "group."

It was a movement. It was activists behaving through hacking. "Hacktivists."

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 23 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7615 posts

Re: Anonymous takes responsibility for Xbox Live attacks, another group surfaces

Apr 14, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I'm all for cheaters getting punished but now innocent people will suffer as a side effect.

It's like nuking everything and everyone in Manhattan because of Wall Street.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 12 of 23 (117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I'm all for cheaters getting punished but now innocent people will suffer as a side effect.

The ultimate "rage quit."

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 13 of 23 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2767 posts

Apr 14, 2013

It sucks, that no matter what "good" they try to do, it just comes out wrong. No good deed goes unpunished.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 14 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4922 posts

Apr 14, 2013
That sucks, but now the X-Box users can't say "at least we haven't be hacked" anymore.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 15 of 23 (99 Views)
MVP Support
5654 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

It sucks, that no matter what "good" they try to do, it just comes out wrong. No good deed goes unpunished.

Good intentions though. Whenever I play on Xbox live, there is usually that 1 guy who is cheating in an online match. Makes me question why don't they do something about it? Especially for a paid service.

Message 16 of 23 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Apr 14, 2013

can't those people do something better with their time?

Message 17 of 23 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Apr 15, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

The ultimate "rage quit."

the best "reset" button IMO.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 18 of 23 (68 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Apr 15, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
That sucks, but now the X-Box users can't say "at least we haven't be hacked" anymore.

This isn't the first time XBL has been hacked.... previously they weren't very publicized, if at all.

IIRC, XBL has been taken offline for a collective period of 2months or so, totalling 5 separate occasions, this being #6

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 19 of 23 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 15, 2013
@Akira it's true what your saying, but you also have to look at it in their perspective, and don't think I am sticking up for them, because i'm not, I just look at both sides of the angle.

Its really the only way they can get their points across, its the only way for change to happen, so if they have to do something like this, it may be for the better, for the xbox community as a WHOLE. But, i'm not an anonymous hacker, so I don't really know where their completely coming from, but if you want the xbox live to change, this is one big way to do it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 20 of 23 (64 Views)
0 Likes