Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3661 posts

Re: Another Reason I Hate Facebook

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Now facebook has something called FacebookHome.  I never have trusted facebook who I believe  is in league with sinister forces and now they have appropriated Home in their name.  I believe this is an intentional affront to Home and will have serious implications in the future.  I am proud to say I never use facebook nor do I own or use a cell phone. Please tell me what you think.  Is this some kind of ruse by facebook to steal the good name of Home.  Dont forget they are trying to get into video games too.  Heads up to Sony: knip this in the bud while you still can.

You realise Facebook Home is a home screen application for smart phones and isn't even remotely similar to the concept of Home, yes? Pretty sure that's why it's called that, because it's a home screen app.

Lrn2Research.

Message 21 of 43 (165 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1991 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I'm rather certain "Facebook Home" is not related to Playstation Home in anyway.

I use both Facebook and Twitter as means for information, being most game developers, websites, etc release their general information there before anywhere else.

They are just great ways to keep informed.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 43 (157 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
2673 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Moved from PlayStation® Home

Message 23 of 43 (145 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Apr 5, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Now facebook has something called FacebookHome.  I never have trusted facebook who I believe  is in league with sinister forces and now they have appropriated Home in their name.  I believe this is an intentional affront to Home and will have serious implications in the future.  I am proud to say I never use facebook nor do I own or use a cell phone. Please tell me what you think.  Is this some kind of ruse by facebook to steal the good name of Home.  Dont forget they are trying to get into video games too.  Heads up to Sony: knip this in the bud while you still can.

First off.... remove your tin-foil hat and learn to do some research. Because what you're talking about is nonsense.

Secondly, what does Sony have to do with this? (If you didn't do your research, then you won't understand this question, so again, do your research)

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 24 of 43 (121 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 5, 2013

I dislike social media in general. Nothing is sacred anymore.

I have a FB. It's deactivated.

I have a twitter. I rarely post, I use it for updates on things I'm interested in.

I had MySpace when I was a drinking fool in my early 20's. Then I grew up.

I do very much enjoy these forums though! :smileyhappy:

That is all thank you.

Message 25 of 43 (116 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

Yes myspace was edit. Coompletely forgot about that.

edited for sexual slur

Message 26 of 43 (113 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29587 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Facebook account- Check.

Twitter ccount - Check.

MySpace Account - Errr no!

BRIT-KO

Message 27 of 43 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
777 posts

Apr 5, 2013
you don't have a freakin celly phone! but why? nobody else thought this was weird? and i think the "good" name of home exists only within the home forums:smileyhappy:
Message 28 of 43 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4634 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Social Media can be pretty cool, but as noted in the thread some folks get a bit addicted to it, and that's never good.

I have a FB, but I keep it pretty locked down.  At this point I primarily use FB to keep track of social things (parties, bands, luncheons, etc.)

I have a Twitter, but I primarily lurk with that account and follow companies I'm  interested in.  And there are some really funny twitter accounts to follow.  But I rarely Tweet from my personal account.

I probably still have a MySpace, lol.

I don't have an Instagram account, or Pinterest, but I do have a Tumblr.

I use none of these on my computer.  It's almost 100% through my phone, and I really only do that when I'm waiting for something (train, lines, friends to hurry up, etc.).  They're basically mini-doses of entertainment, but I'd much rather spend my time in a amore active state.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 29 of 43 (94 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Apr 5, 2013

I was late to the Facebook party. My girlfriend at the time signed me up in 2009. This I'm certain was for stalking purposes. Anyway, I arely used it. Mainly because I don't care about people's status updates. If you want to talk to me, pick up the phone.

The major thing that prompted me to shut down the account was an interview with Mark Zuckerberg about privacy issues and what does FB do with all this personal info on people. Well he went red in the face, took his jacket off and started sweating. The interviewer asked if he would like a glass of water. He stumbled through his answer and really tried to switch the subject.

I just don't trust the whole thing. 1 entity having that much information on millions of people doesn't sit easy with me. They may as well become a section of the CIA.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 30 of 43 (104 Views)
0 Likes