MVP Support
7382 posts

Re: Another Reason I Hate Facebook

Apr 5, 2013

I'm really starting to dislike Facebook (ooooh, is that a good one or what?:smileytongue:).  Heard this morning they are rolling out some kind of app that can be used by business to send you targeted ads as you pass near their stores.  Invasion of privacy, anyone?  Maybe, just maybe I didn't hear the news clip right but this bugs me.

On top of that, I strongly suspect someone of hacking the e-mail associated with my Facebook account.  Fortunately I noticed fairly quickly and changed security settings and passwords, and it is not an address I use much, so no damage.   Sure it's through Facebook as the person I suspect posted a message saying "OK, so now you're hacked too.  Love ya", and this after I was in the chat window with this person last night.

All in all, not something I get all warm and fuzzy over!

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct

================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 31 of 43 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9681 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

I don't do Facebook for the status updates and such, but I do use it as a communication tool. I don't need to have a hundred numbers in my phone and I can easily stay connected to people I don't see often anymore. 

The whole privacy thing does worry me a little bit, but I don't put anything on FB I wouldn't want seen by the public eye.

Message 32 of 43 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Apr 5, 2013
SCREW FACEBOOK & MARK ZUCKERBERG THEY DEACTIVATED ME NOVEMBER 2011
RED
Message 33 of 43 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Agreed with mcnoob. I moved to phoenix just recently and I know NO one here. I had a lot of friends back in bullhead city and north dakota. I have no cell phone, therefore, its nice to have a place on the interwebs to be able to talk with old friends.

I also love skype, or anything of the sort. Video chat is the next best thing to being face to face with one of your old friends again. It's nice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 34 of 43 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33041 posts

Apr 5, 2013

al2009man wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

And some have family dinner with their smart phone where their spoon would normally be! :smileywink:

but you cant eat food with your phone. :smileysad:

And you can't eat food while playing Video Games

yes you can. :smileyindifferent:

Message 35 of 43 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1821 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Yes believe it or not I have never had a cell phone. I am the only person that I know of that doesnt.  I think that they have had a bad effect on society in general.  I do have a landline phone with an answering machine.    I remember a time when they did not exist and it was better at least for me.  I have heard that they are causing people that use them a lot, to have brain tumors slowly growing in their heads but it takes a decade or two for it to become noticable. 

Message 36 of 43 (80 Views)
Last Guardian
11227 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Social media sucks.

Message 37 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2505 posts

Apr 5, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
you don't have a freakin celly phone! but why? nobody else thought this was weird? and i think the "good" name of home exists only within the home forums:smileyhappy:

I don't have a cellphone.:smileyindifferent:

Message 38 of 43 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Apr 6, 2013
make a tumblr just saying
Message 39 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 6, 2013
Abysmal, apparently cell phones have radiation transferring through them, so its better to speak on speakerphone, than to hold it up to your(which does in fact prevent this issue). But, I see where your coming, I was never a big fan of cellphones.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 40 of 43 (54 Views)