Apr 02 2013
By: Westwolf11 First Son 1 posts

Anybody else think that SONY should ban bigots????

[ Edited ]
11 replies 211 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

So I've logged a TON of hours playing BF3 and have seen some really poor names but today I saw something new. While I was playing Noshaar Canals on The Dirty Dogs server I saw "**bleep**" after I died. If you have a problem with this, please send SONY a message and ask them if they want to sponsor bigots and other cognitively deficient people promoting genocide. I'm not mad because he/she/it killed me if that's what you may be assuming. I'm simply appauled that this guy/gal was a lvl28 colonel and has obviously been playing unhindered for some time. I would hope that the PS community, whatever your religious/spiritual beliefs are, can agree that "**bleep**" needs to be banned so that they can re-evaluate their choice of a community recognized name. Thanks for being civilized and enjoy your PS time!!!

Westwolf

Edit: Username Removed

Message 1 of 12 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Anybody else think that SONY should ban bigots????

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Westwolf11 wrote:

So I've logged a TON of hours playing BF3 and have seen some really poor names but today I saw something new. While I was playing Noshaar Canals on The Dirty Dogs server I saw "**bleep**" after I died. If you have a problem with this, please send SONY a message and ask them if they want to sponsor bigots and other cognitively deficient people promoting genocide. I'm not mad because he/she/it killed me if that's what you may be assuming. I'm simply appauled that this guy/gal was a lvl28 colonel and has obviously been playing unhindered for some time. I would hope that the PS community, whatever your religious/spiritual beliefs are, can agree that "**bleep**" needs to be banned so that they can re-evaluate their choice of a community recognized name. Thanks for being civilized and enjoy your PS time!!!

Westwolf

No u.

Honestly, its just some highschool kid trying to get a rise out of people. With posts like this, they succeed.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 12 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Welcome to the Internet. You will always run into those kinds of people, especially playing a game like a shooter. Just ignore them or mute them depending how their annoying you. If it was through a XMB message, hover over the PM and press Triangle and report it. Up to you.

YB

Message 3 of 12 (199 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Apr 2, 2013

grow a pair and man up.

leave the server and find another one, thats not too hard is it?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 12 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Its not high school kids..I would even bet its younger than that.

That's how they play. They only know that way.

That's why I think having a mic in a shooter games are useless. It causes nothing but trouble. And its such a distraction.

Just mute, ignore and play on.
Message 5 of 12 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 2, 2013

eh, its not useless it you are playing with friends

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 12 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Yeah but for most part they are.

I do better without them. Such a distraction and can't hurt your ears.
Message 7 of 12 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9605 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Sony already will ban bigots. The PSN Terms of Service says:

"You must not take any action, or upload, post, stream, share or otherwise transmit any content, language, images or sounds, in any forum, communication, public profile, Online ID, clan name or otherwise via, or in connection with, Sony Entertainment Network which is defamatory, which compromises the privacy or security of yourself or others, or which we in our sole discretion find abusive, offensive or vulgar. This includes any action, content, language, image or sound that is racially, ethnically sexually or religiously demeaning or offensive; defamatory, threatening or discriminatory; sexually explicit; illegal; or uses or promotes hate speech, violent behaviour or illegal substances. Breach of these Conditions may result in suspension or termination of your account and/or access to Sony Entertainment Network.

If you see a racist PSN name, report it to Sony. They will get banned. I have seen it happen. The wheels of Sony justice turn slowly, but they DO TURN. They will get banned.

tumblr_mj3czr4KWd1s3m7epo1_500.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 8 of 12 (173 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

At the sake of sounding insensitive I will say, I don't see why this is an extreme problem.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 9 of 12 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55471 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Westwolf11 wrote:

So I've logged a TON of hours playing BF3 and have seen some really poor names but today I saw something new. While I was playing Noshaar Canals on The Dirty Dogs server I saw "USERNAME" after I died. If you have a problem with this, please send SONY a message and ask them if they want to sponsor bigots and other cognitively deficient people promoting genocide. I'm not mad because he/she/it killed me if that's what you may be assuming. I'm simply appauled that this guy/gal was a lvl28 colonel and has obviously been playing unhindered for some time. I would hope that the PS community, whatever your religious/spiritual beliefs are, can agree that "USERNAME" needs to be banned so that they can re-evaluate their choice of a community recognized name. Thanks for being civilized and enjoy your PS time!!!

Westwolf

If you think the handle is innapropriate use the information contained within this link to report it.  https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/kw/report%20abuse

You are not supposed to name people publicly on the forums in this manner, it is considered blacklisting under the sony TOS.

Message 10 of 12 (129 Views)