MVP Support
9161 posts

Re: Anyone else tired of first person shooters?

Jun 3, 2013

Indeed i don't like first person shooters they are overrated expecially Call Of Duty

KANE-FIRE

Message 11 of 22 (118 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Yeah,kind of need a new shooter that aint cod or battlefield thats up to par and better than what we have. Cod is terrible now. its mundane.

Message 12 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2220 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I miss the classic crash and spyro games. If only we had just one more
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Message 13 of 22 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17397 posts

Jun 3, 2013

where's my real hd socom game, yet ?

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 14 of 22 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Yes.  I thought the Bad Company games were okay.  I wish more emphasis would be placed to character development and single player story.  Perhaps if they make less of the games things would be different.

"Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-Lord Tennyson "Ulysses"

Message 15 of 22 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Not really. I don't really get excited for many of them anymore, but I still find them fun.
Raptr Forum Signature

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe
Message 16 of 22 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 4, 2013

BelowZer0__ wrote:
Im getting tired of them and wish that companies would go back to making platformers like the good 'ol days. I miss the 90's. Anyone else agree?

Fps games have been around since the 80s and arent going anywhere. It is a pretty tired genre though, there hasnt been any real innovation since the advent of sandbox gameplay (BF 1942) the idea of killstreaks (CoD4: MW) and destructable enviroments (BAD company)

Everything that is a modern shooter ever since then is just milking the original success of these 3 things.

As for stuff like Halo and...well, I cant think of anything worth playing in the sci-fi FPS genre other than HALO, those starting sucking around HALO3, so ya,...I guess you could say im tired of them in a way.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 17 of 22 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I personally prefer TPS. Even in the case of Resistance my most beloved FPS, I would prefer if it was TPS. I don't really get a sense of immersion in FPS, and prefer TPS.

But I am getting sick of certain FPS campaigns. Tried playing MoH:Warfighter and it was such utter trash that I took it back to gamestop the next morning. What a terrible campaign.

Black Ops 2? It was stupid, made no sense. There was some angry bald guy in wheelchair swearing and some next guy going about acting like he planned out to get the world and the terrorists on his side. It was so cliche and boring. Bah, the fact that everyone died in 2 shots made me sick of the game too.

Killzone 2. Oh dear lord, I WISHED THIS WOULD BE GOOD. But I can't say anything good about it. From what I played of it, it feels almost exactly as linear and streamlined as KZ 1 was. The multiplayer is so godlike, but GG can't nail a SP campaign for ****.

They really need to make better SP campaigns. I may give Bioshock: Infinite a shot after these last 3 games have left a feeling of crap stuck in my tongue. 

Message 18 of 22 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3225 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Last fps game I bought was R3 back in 2011, I still play KZ2 and that's all anyone ever needs.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 19 of 22 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jun 4, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

BelowZer0__ wrote:
Im getting tired of them and wish that companies would go back to making platformers like the good 'ol days. I miss the 90's. Anyone else agree?

Almost all new shooters to me have been BLAH and I'm the shooter guy Smiley Tongue

MAG and warhawk were 2 gems this gen on the PS3, DUST514 is very different as well and an interesting shooter that I've been having fun with, its also free to play in the PSstore!

I havn't played mainstream shooters in like 2 years, but DUST514 has changed my mind...

MAG was awesome when Zipper Interactive ran the servers, there were more players then, now it might be worth playing some weekends. I played the Dust 514 when it was closed beta a few times, & had flashbacks of Unreal Tournament 2k4 (PC), in general I am getting tired of FPS's

Message 20 of 22 (79 Views)
0 Likes