Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: The Battle of Athens

Jan 31, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

New Hampshire remains one of the few States where people rarely lock their doors at night.  The "Urban" areas aside, acts of violence with relation to firearms is at one of the lowest level in the Nation.

Why?

Because in the "Live Free or Die" State, most people own their own firearms.  Like PLYMCO said, what idiot is going to try a home invasion, if they face the possibility of walking into a home of someone who is well armed and knows how to use their weapon.

Sure, cities like Nashua and Manchester have large violent crime rates, but as you move outward, the rate drops.  This can also be directly attributable to the numbers of transplanted Massachusetts residents moving up from Methuen, Haverhill, LAWRENCE, Lowell, Woburn, and other heavily populated areas already overrun by street violence.

Using street thugs and mentally ill people to justify Federal Mandates on firearms control is ridiculous.

As PLYMCO said, one side will cry found when children are used as Political Ploys, as out the other side of their mouths they do the exact same thing.

Clean up Urban Violence!  Clean up the Mental Health System!  Don't start thinking every lawful firearms owner is in the same classification as a drug dealer, street thug, or mentally ill person.  Respectable, legal firearms owners know the laws, their rights, and the benefits of owning.  If you don't own, then you don't know.

Having a firearms and never needing to use it, is the best case scenario.  Being in a situation where you need a firearm, and do not have it, is the worst.

Read carefully where PLYMCO mentions about Totalitarian Governments that have seized control, then seized firearms, and did as they wished following.  It doesn't all happen over night people.  It happens one step at a time, and then you are up the creek without a paddle.

Understand, at least these things.  Don;t jump on the emotional bandwagon, just because someone trots a grief stricken family out on stage for their own edification.

Wow, thanks PLYMCO, you got me going again.Smiley Wink  Here come the Haters.  Its OK though, they only arm themselves with WORDS.

Moble

I miss my state! I'm from Keene. Live Free of Die! Kudos!

Message 211 of 245 (154 Views)
Platinum
55494 posts

Re: 2nd Ammendment Story: The Battle of Athens

Jan 31, 2013

I had to edit the title just to see if things change Smiley Wink

Message 212 of 245 (152 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Stirring the Pot.

Very risqué, but I like it!Smiley LOL

With the new found KUDOS, I grant thee one!Smiley Wink

Moble

Message 213 of 245 (148 Views)
Platinum
55494 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Saw another shooting happened..........

Message 214 of 245 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 1, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Saw another shooting happened..........

You have to love the sensationalistic behavior of the media in this age of instant gratification and information sharing.

Guaranteed, before NewTown, there were equally as many shootings as there are since, but it just wasn't as big of news as Rhianna's new hair do.

The media is BLANK!

Moble

Message 215 of 245 (126 Views)
Welcoming Committee
36734 posts

Feb 1, 2013

You don't "need" a gun to live.  And guns kill people.  Therefore they should all be banned.

That said...

You really don't need a car.  And cars kill more people than guns.  Better ban those too.

I don't own a cell phone, so don't even try to say people need one.  I don't need one or I would have one.  Cell phones + cars = even more deaths.  Banned.

Rocks have killed people for thousands of years.  In the olden days, people would take the criminal outside the village and stone him to death.  Ban all rocks and stones.

Knives.  Duh.  Ban all knives.

People die in fires all the time.  Ban all matches, lighters, furnaces, ovens, etc. that use fire.

Dogs can kill.  Ban all dogs.

Obesity kill.  Ban all food.

People drown all the time.  Ban all water.

Perfect society achieved!

Message 216 of 245 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Re: 2nd Ammendment Story: The Battle of Athens

Feb 1, 2013

^you forgot to mention that peoples can die too.

Therefore we need to ban all peoples

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 217 of 245 (108 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31045 posts

Feb 2, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

You don't "need" a gun to live.  And guns kill people.  Therefore they should all be banned.

That said...

You really don't need a car.  And cars kill more people than guns.  Better ban those too.

I don't own a cell phone, so don't even try to say people need one.  I don't need one or I would have one.  Cell phones + cars = even more deaths.  Banned.

Rocks have killed people for thousands of years.  In the olden days, people would take the criminal outside the village and stone him to death.  Ban all rocks and stones.

People die in fires all the time.  Ban all matches, lighters, furnaces, ovens, etc. that use fire.

All of those things have practical uses (except for rocks) unlike guns Smiley Indifferent 

Message 218 of 245 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Platinum
55494 posts

Feb 2, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

That said...

All of those things have practical uses (except for rocks) unlike guns Smiley Indifferent 

Did you not read the story or watch the made for TV video version of it in the first post?  Did you miss my 2nd post too?

Guns have plenty of practical uses, maybe an image will help?

gun

Not to mention many people use rifles to make a living or feed their families

Message 219 of 245 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55494 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Message 220 of 245 (73 Views)
0 Likes