Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Anyone who wants dust 514 beta

Jan 13, 2013
That game is a money pit... It's free to play but cost real money for items.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

^^^ This statement is false. Their is no item in the game that effects gameplay, That can't be purchased with in game currency. Real money simply saves you time.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (118 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Theres been a lot of improvements
This is relevant to my inetrest
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (113 Views)
0 Likes
PistoI Proficianado
1120 posts

Jan 14, 2013

GuNz_52 wrote:
The Private Beta is dead and laggy. So no.

I don't know what time you play but its not dead.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I want to avoid talking about specifics until next week, but yes, the private beta did not have many players on at a time.

You also can buy any tier weapon/equipment with the in-game cash. There are some paid items, but none are necessary at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 14, 2013
**bleep** it, everybody's so afraid of the NDA, but I don't give a rat's **bleep** about this game, so I will explain in full god **bleep** detail what I learned in one aweful afternoon in DUST 514, CCP, sue me.

If there's a demo to a game you're trying to sell, or a beta to a game you're trying to sell, and it has this steep a learning curve, then why the hell don't you have a 5 minute tutorial video just to get people oriented? I digged for 2 hours and all I found were brick walls you wanted me to scale, with 0 tools.

Your 'heavy' character loadout guy couldn't even take out a tank, much less an enemy battleship, so why bother? Also, one huge boasting bulletpoint was cross game chat, that at the time I was playing seemed nearly impossible, or not working. Add insuly to injury that I couldn't even chat to people who were actually on a chatlog without using the cash currency equivalent to rent some "talk function" for a couple of days, and I wasn't for that. I wasn't going to pay anything out of my pocket through a beta no less for a means to find out how to explore the game.

The battles were huge, epic, and slow. My guy was a sitting duck all the times I played, and all in all, I figure that this game is a waste of my time. There is no initial investment to it, so I don't need to touch it. Plus I hate FPS anyway, so it's doubly convinient.

With all the lag and squalor this game had at the time of my experience, how could anybody that hasn't already bought or spent the time to get the better weapons have any competitive edge over anybody. Even in Crysis, he level 1 weapon would net you at least 2 kills a game. And in counter strike where there is no such thing as leveling up, weapons at least had balance.

In this game they say "here's a stick, go play" and all your opponents have god armor and assault rifles that work. At least in ascension I got to win my first DM, and am low level but my skill keeps with competition.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PistoI Proficianado
1120 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I'm not afraid of the NDA, I am merely respecting CCP's and Sony's rules.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (84 Views)
0 Likes