Aug 08 2014
By: tehgurlgr33n Splicer 65 posts

Are Religions evil?

[ Edited ]
104 replies 296 views Edited Aug 8, 2014

Are religions inherently evil or are they just used by people to commit acts of evil? Does religion breed evil or does the evil just use religion as an excuse to commit these acts. I have been thinking about this alot recently.

Message 1 of 105 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Sucker Punch Community Leader
171 posts

Re: Is Christianity evil?

Aug 8, 2014

Okay, now you aren't even trying.

Power of pie
Message 2 of 105 (287 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Re: Are Religions evil?

Aug 8, 2014

What is with people around here?

Message 3 of 105 (278 Views)
0 Likes
171 posts

Aug 8, 2014

tehgurlgr33n wrote:

It's nothing against you, at all.

Power of pie
Message 4 of 105 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 8, 2014

spiderman3626 wrote:

tehgurlgr33n wrote:

You're posting passive aggressive sarcasm why?

Message 5 of 105 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
171 posts

Aug 8, 2014

tehgurlgr33n wrote:

spiderman3626 wrote:

tehgurlgr33n wrote:

You're posting passive aggressive sarcasm why?

It's just that this thread is so obvious that it  just wants to cause controversy.

Power of pie
Message 6 of 105 (260 Views)
Wastelander
575 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2014

Looks like I get to be the first with a serious answer... No, religion is not evil. It's man that is evil. Religion can be a great thing, or it can be used as an attempt to justify evil. Religion should teach you about love. From Paganism to *real* Christianity, that has always been the key message for those that actually pay attention. I know people from practically every faith from Christianity, Shamanism, Judaism, Islam, Paganism, and even Atheism and Agnostics. Unfortunately men have twisted things over the years and few know what it means anymore. Too many people use religion to preach hate and prejudice, which is the exact opposite of what practically every faith is founded on. Your faith should be about love for yourself, your God, and nothing more. In the end, you know in your heart what is right and what is wrong. If you use religion as an excuse to hate others and find fautls in those that disagree with you, then you've obviously never paid attention to any major religion's teachings.

Message 7 of 105 (258 Views)
Last Guardian
8756 posts

Aug 8, 2014

I could bite and quote Richard Dawkins. 

But I didn't sign in to debate religion. Not today. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 8 of 105 (224 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2014

You are a Satanist. Your link you gave me came off as insanely elitist. It also preaches a disdain of the "mundanes" who refuse to make a pledge to Satan.

To better answer  your question, no, religion is not evil unless it preaches evil. Kinda like the Satanism you back- where everybody follows "the dark one" which is the embodiment of evil.

I'm sorry. I cannot even take such a thread seriously. I will use my own religion. Christianity. It is not evil.  It has some fantastic lessons. Sadly, it has been twisted by men and women who use it to manipulate people. The Roman Catholic Church did it for centuries by having the Bible in Latin. They kept everybody from reading the book which allowed them to make up doctrine for money/power schemes.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 9 of 105 (223 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Aug 8, 2014
I wouldn't quite Richard Dawkins because the guy is not trained in theology or philosophy. He is a smart man within his field (biology), but shows classic ignorance the moment he steps out of it. The quality of his following should be indicative of this. They are just your typical New atheists. They are trained in rhetoric and slogans. Not in the actual topic.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 10 of 105 (222 Views)