Gaming Beast
1939 posts

Re: Are Religions evil?

Aug 9, 2014
Look at you trying to stay in control.

HEY BOB YOU WERE WRONG, YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR BEING RUDE TO DAWKINS FOLLOWERS AND ATHEISTS!

Worm around it all you want. The more you do the more intellectually dishonest you become. You owe a real apology and you know it.
Message 81 of 105 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Aug 9, 2014
You continue to avoid giving an argument. You called me stupid for what I posted here. Prove to me that it is stupid. Of course, you seem hellbent on trying to attack my character. I am not running for office. I will say whatever the hell I want. And who says I owe an apology to anybody regardless of what I said? Without any sort of objective morality, there is no obligation on me to act how you want. I think you owe me an apology for subtly insulting my character. At least that actually happened.

Point to where I insult typical Atheists and call them cultists? I pointed at Dawkins followers. Don't tell me you follow that fool!

I owe nobody an apology. You are the only one who has this (illusory) moral high ground.

Now give a real argument.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 82 of 105 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Aug 9, 2014

I've never really followed or had much interest in what Dawkins has to say. The man's head is as filled with air as his ego.

Gamer. Modder. Psychic. Chef. Queen of Condiments.

SPPF people know who I am.
Message 83 of 105 (119 Views)
Gaming Beast
1939 posts

Aug 9, 2014
Its unbelievable how much garbage you will spit out just to avoid admitting you were wrong.
Message 84 of 105 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Aug 9, 2014
You have yet to make a point, blockhead. If you cannot actually back your words, you just show your ignorance of the subject. This is a discussion forum. I will not apologize for anything because I stand behind everything I have said. Now back your point instead of flashing your e-genitals.

Everything you have contributed is vapid in essence. Stop the ego trip and back your statement.

Toxic, we have found some agreement!

Message 85 of 105 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Aug 9, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

Xedhadeaus wrote:
@bob-maul
But rape is wrong anyway... I don't get why it being a little girl makes it more or less wrong... Which is why I didn't address it as that.

The orange text were just my thoughts on how We were taught to value things that are otherwise only objects had We not valued them... Essentially working exponentially harder for the same thing.

I don't know what your last paragraph means really. People don't need a reason to do anything. So there's not much to be said in that manner. And I'm not enough of an extremist to feel like wearing food is parallel to rape. You buy food dead. Prostitution is more relative to dead food being used out of purchase.

Rape is wrong? Why and who says? You? Why is your morality more "good" than the rapist's who simply wants to feel pleasure and fulfill his strange desires? 

Wearing food is a taboo. Without a foundation for objective morality, an "immoral" choice is just a taboo going against a social norm without being objectively wrong. Lady Gaga wearing food is weird to us, but not a moral atrocity. In the same way, forming morality around man's subjective opinions makes everything morally neutral and going against the majority opinion is just like wearing raw meat instead of cotton- taboo.

You keep assuming things are "just wrong." I do not see how you can make that assumption without a basis for that.

I find it kind of funny that you're trying to convince people that morality is subjective considering that you said something along the lines of "you must think Hitler is good then" when I was trying to get you to understand that morality is subjective. I guess you're slowly gaining perspective thanks to me. Smiley Happy

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 86 of 105 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
518 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2014

'New Atheism' is a ridiculous term.

Atheism is certainly not new.

The only thing 'new' about New Atheism is modern communication like television and the internet.

And Dawkins wasn't the one to coin the term, someone labelled him.

He wasn't the first to be labelled as such.

He certainly didn't announce a 'movement'.

And he's definitely not the only one who people refer to as a 'New Atheist'.

So why the incessant hate?

Message 87 of 105 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Aug 9, 2014
It is not ridiculous. It differs from other forms of Atheism in how it approaches topics, what is has to say, and who it appeals to. It is also a new approach.

Dawkins falls under that view since he is one of the 4 big proponents (3 since Hitchens passed away).

I dislike both the movement and Dawkins as its superstar.

Message 88 of 105 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Aug 9, 2014
@sema I do not believe it to be subjective. I am just pointing in the direction Atheism points to. And you yourself agree! Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 105 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Aug 9, 2014

I just dislike Dawkin's pessimism. The man's got a huge chip on his shoulder.

Gamer. Modder. Psychic. Chef. Queen of Condiments.

SPPF people know who I am.
Message 90 of 105 (83 Views)
0 Likes